Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham and Hurricane Dealer in Mexico www.kitcarsmexico.com
Send a message via Skype™ to Kit Cars Mexico
Not Ranked     

Hi I am Alfredo Canalizo and my bussiness is www.kitcarsmexico.com this cars were sold in Mexico City by a friend of mine and this car I saw it in the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez on a track day, I know that the owner take a lot of care on this car, I know the other two owners and the cars, both are blue with white stripes.

Congratulations of your new car !!

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com
Old 02-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Hi Alfredo. Welcome.

So, it sounds like this car was originally titled in Mexico City and then retitled in California before the auction. A very interesting history indeed. The track days in Mexico may explain the night lights on the meatballs.

Congrats on your new purchase.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Cars Mexico View Post
Hi I am Alfredo Canalizo and my bussiness is www.kitcarsmexico.com this cars were sold in Mexico City by a friend of mine and this car I saw it in the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez on a track day, I know that the owner take a lot of care on this car, I know the other two owners and the cars, both are blue with white stripes.

Congratulations of your new car !!

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com
Awesome. I knew someone would pop up here!

I would like to know more. Can you PM me your email address? I would especially like to get a copy of the MSO if the original still has it.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did I say I popped the fan V-belt Saturday? It was pretty dry-rotted. I went to the local hardware store and got a replacement. Main crank pully, water pump, alternator. Gotta love 60's technology.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alfredo is the man!
Larry
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham and Hurricane Dealer in Mexico www.kitcarsmexico.com
Not Ranked     

Helloooo Larry !!!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good to hear from you Alfredo! Hope all is well.

I don't know why I didn't think of you when twobjshelbys posted his questions. Old age I guess! (44)

BTW, if I wanted a tube frame for my car's hood, is it still available?
Larry
Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So I took it out again today (the temp was in the 60's).

I really think something is amiss. The engine really lugs down at even modest RPMs. I can't drive it through town at 25MPH without having it in 1st at about 2500 RPM.

Then, when I got it warmed up (after a humorous story that I'll put down in a few words), and was turning off a side road onto the highway, I got it up to about 4000 RPM and it just lugged. Started missing, and ran really rough. It felt like my Mustang when I hit the rev limiter - going into shutdown mode - but that shouldn't be happening.

I've put about 150 miles on it over the past few days, so I would think the "computer" would have adjusted the fuel injection for the altitude. Plus, if it came from Mexico City at 8000', this 6000' ought to be like sea level.

Where should I start? This car came with absolutely no paperwork.

Thanks!
Tony
Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Tony - Sounds like you need to contact Roush and find out if there's a dealer close to you or someone they can recommend to look at your FI system. Doubtful that it's something that you're going to be able to resolve without some expert advice.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Tony - Sounds like you need to contact Roush and find out if there's a dealer close to you or someone they can recommend to look at your FI system. Doubtful that it's something that you're going to be able to resolve without some expert advice.
A couple of folks familiar with the big blocks think it could be fuel too. I'll start with the simple things - fuel filter and check the output of the fuel pump.

Question about the build - does the roller come with the fuel pump/filter or is that installed as part of the power plant? I'm trying to find a filter element and don't know who to ask.

This car is so incomplete and queries to find paperwork are going unanswered. I was hoping Alfredo from Kit Cars Mexico might have some more info but he hasn't responded to PM or emails.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4973
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
A couple of folks familiar with the big blocks think it could be fuel too. I'll start with the simple things - fuel filter and check the output of the fuel pump.

Question about the build - does the roller come with the fuel pump/filter or is that installed as part of the power plant? I'm trying to find a filter element and don't know who to ask.

This car is so incomplete and queries to find paperwork are going unanswered. I was hoping Alfredo from Kit Cars Mexico might have some more info but he hasn't responded to PM or emails.

I believe the Roush 427 IR is a small block based on the Dart (351 Windsor based) 4 bolt main block. My roller came with the electric fuel pumps in the trunk but no fuel filter. Many of the builds that I have seen use a inline fuel filter. Does yours have a inline filter? Any paperwork about the build would have come from the dealer/builder who completed the car. Have you tried to contact HST directly? They would probably be the best place to start.

http://www.hstintl.com/
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damdfw View Post
I believe the Roush 427 IR is a small block based on the Dart (351 Windsor based) 4 bolt main block. My roller came with the electric fuel pumps in the trunk but no fuel filter. Many of the builds that I have seen use a inline fuel filter. Does yours have a inline filter? Any paperwork about the build would have come from the dealer/builder who completed the car. Have you tried to contact HST directly? They would probably be the best place to start.

http://www.hstintl.com/
The fuel filter is inline right after the fuel pump in the trunk.

Unfortunately, no paperwork. I've spoken to HST but haven't gotten anything yet.

Edit: I also have only one pump... Is that normal or unusual (and maybe part of the problem?)

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 02-06-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4771-CF. 1966 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Try csxinfo.com. Loads of good information on the CSX cars. Kris who runs the site use to work for Shelby in Vegas and is very helpful. I received next to nothing with my car either and I picked it up in Vegas.

Mike
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I saw something on the Kirkham site FAQ that clicked....

The car has a fuel cell. Kirkham discourages it for casual use because of the maintenance and says that the foam inside can deteriorate over time. Does anyone have actual experience that would confirm this? Could it be a big problem if the car was stored with an empty tank for a long period of time (6-9 months)? When I got it the tank was almost empty, and I don't think it had been run very much except at the dealer's lot to do test drives.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The car has a fuel cell. Kirkham discourages it for casual use because of the maintenance and says that the foam inside can deteriorate over time. Does anyone have actual experience that would confirm this? Could it be a big problem if the car was stored with an empty tank for a long period of time (6-9 months)? When I got it the tank was almost empty, and I don't think it had been run very much except at the dealer's lot to do test drives.
The bladder in your fuel cell does indeed crack with age -- and that's why they usually get stamped with a five year expiration date. Letting them sit dry doesn't help them much either. You should also be aware that the inspection of a bladder is a potentially explosive job, so you should not treat it lightly. Here, read this article for starters: http://www.circletrack.com/enginetec...ell/index.html
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony, as I told you I am in San Antonio Tx. and will be here for a while, the next time I go to Mexico I can try to investigate something about your car, I sent you this video of the track day in Mex, have you seen it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMt54pZyzMA

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Cars Mexico View Post
Tony, as I told you I am in San Antonio Tx. and will be here for a while, the next time I go to Mexico I can try to investigate something about your car, I sent you this video of the track day in Mex, have you seen it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMt54pZyzMA

Alfredo Canalizo
www.kitcarsmexico.com
Alfredo,

Thanks! I'm looking forward to talking. I'm at the airport in Ft. Collins, CO right now and their goofy wireless won't let me see the video. I'll check it when I get to Vegas tonight!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Alfredo,

Thanks! I'm looking forward to talking. I'm at the airport in Ft. Collins, CO right now and their goofy wireless won't let me see the video. I'll check it when I get to Vegas tonight!
I watched the video tonight. That is very nice. From classic Mustangs to Lamborghinis. That must be some awesome event! I think I saw at least three Ford GTs too.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Quote:
HST is officed in San Diego and the plant that produces the CSX chassis is in Tijuana.
Tijuana? Oh yea...mannn That's like, yeh, that's like where they do all that black "tuck n roll" mann... (said in a Cheech Moran like voice from "Up in Smoke") You know what Im talking about.............

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 02-14-2009 at 02:32 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

sure do man ... and it's like totally cool man ..... yeah man cool