14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane,# 1060
Not Ranked     

Dean, what size bar are you useing,and are the alium.arm resting on the lower a arms ,
Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Dean, when I saw the original #98 factory car at Hurricane version 2.0 in Arlington, Texas I noticed the front sway bar was very low to the ground and stuck out predominately under the body. I thought it was unsightly, and might hang up on a speed bump or some such. Will this setup be an improvement over that? Looks like it will, i'm sure.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Bob, when you put it that way, I guess I will come up with something different!

Seriously though, the new sway bar system will sit on top of the frame rails instead of underneath. The arms will mount directly under the shock mount with a male/female hiem joint connection. I don't have a picture yet of how the final assembly will look but it will be much better than the first version.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now I am thoroughly wrought with envy. I fell in love with HMS1002 when I watched it pull a hole shot at the LCS about 4 years ago. I know 2002 will be another fine example. Can't wait to see it complete, but will enjoy even more watching it all come together.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

The dash was assembled off the car. I decided not to put padding under the leather dash. I didn't want it to get to puffy. I have also ordered Lucas switches for the dash which is the pinnacle of ridiculous spending. I think it cost over $100 for the 4 switches that only work about 75% of the time!

But they look cool!!

This picture still has the old switches.

The next step is getting the inner tub mounted to the chassis.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports #1121 427W
Not Ranked     

Got a question, Why are there two oil pressure gauges ?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDiceRide View Post
Got a question, Why are there two oil pressure gauges ?
1-oil pressure, 1- oil temp.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's right. Pressure and temp but the temp is in Celsius so it kinda looks like the pressure gauge. You had me second guessing my self but I double checked and it is definitely pressure and temp.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Amazing photos and work Dean. You've now passed me by in my build. Now if i can just finish 1081 and order another one, makes me feel like the kid looking through the window into the candy store. I've got a pocket full already but those new ones sure look better. Keep the photos and info coming.
ken
Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports #1121 427W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
1-oil pressure, 1- oil temp.
I feel much better now ! ....I was looking at my own dash wondering
what the hell ? lol....Jason was very ill when he wired my car.I thought maybe he just put in two of the same untill I saw your dash .Old guy gonna be too slow for such a fast car maybe ? Mike
Old 03-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Dayum, Dean, you set the bar so high for everyone else.

This is a great thread and a wonderful build...thanks for educating us all and I look forward to more progress pics to completion.

-Dean
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4973
Not Ranked     
Default looks great

Dean,
I am just a novice at this stuff. That being said, I would probably re-arrange the gauges a little specifically if I were racing. The gauges directly in front of the driver being the most important, I would want Water Temp, Oil Pressure, and Tachometer. The fuel level gauge being the least important would be the furthest away.

Just my dos centavos. Your car is phenomenal.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Okay budd! Since you have came back to the open cockpit side of this sport I think it is about time for you to change your avitar!

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe View Post
They have had the mufflers cut out and a larger ID muffler installed. Many have done this before on the forum and it really opens up the flow. Here is the system when it came back from the coaters.
Dean, I just ordered this entire set of flanged pipes and headers for my car from Steve. One of the improvements I hope to make is with the rear mount. Are you planning on running a bushing between the rear tab and frame and if so, what type and from which source?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, Thanks for the advice. I am going to make the changes to the gauge layout. I found a better picture of the gauges. You can see the different gauges in this picture.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Yeah Dean change your avatar.....I'm so tired of lusting after that GT 40 every time I see the pic!!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was going to do the sway bars next but sometimes you have to go with the flow. These are some really cool pictures. Remember we are trying to replicate the CSX cars. The body tub was redesigned to have the right angles on the foot boxes as well as a white gel coat was used.

You can see the DEI heat shield we installed as well. It hasn't been trimmed to final fit yet but you get the idea.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The tub was bonded to the frame but before it was, the underside was coated with a Rhino Liner type material for a little insulation and protection from the elements. The rest of the chassis goes on next. Then there will be an aluminum panel attached to the firewall.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Very nice Dean ! It's clean and very well thought out.

Question, are you going to install a heat protector / road guard to protect the master cylinders from road damage ?

I also like the sway bar going over the top of the frame, good way to do it during the build process. I used the Mazda front sway bar, works fine, and I kind of like the look of it , no problems with ground clearance for street use so far, but over the top would be better.

Bill
Old 03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They are working on the shielding but nothing is final yet. The sway bar housing is done. This set up will make changing bars easy. The Mazda bar is the street option that they offer. It is a perfect fit for this car. This set up is a performance upgrade. I will post all the math behind the bar selections when we get the assemble painted and installed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: