21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 408 Windsor stroker, TKO600
Not Ranked     
Default Adding my CMC build log

Been working on this CMC off and on for several years now. I plan to finish it this spring. Will post pics from the beginning if I can figure out where to put them.
As of this weekend, we (my son and I) have completed the dash installation, seat fit up and today we drilled the hole for the support bars on the roll bars. Been dreading that task for a long time,
Old 02-21-2015, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N.A.F., 351 cleveland, 9" ford
Not Ranked     

Looking forward to your build and pictures.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hi! any updates about the progress of this build?
Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I too am looking forward to more about your build. As for the pictures you can make an album on here and link them from there to your posts or store them in a photo storage site such as Photo Bucket and then link them to your posts.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-30-2015, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delay in updating the build log. We got distracted with Salmon fishing over the summer. We are back on the Cobra now and making good progress. We fabbed a set of DOM roll bars (tossed the HREW single set that came with the kit). Just got them back from the powder coater last Wednesday. Have been working on the carpeting over the Thanksgiving weekend and are nearly complete with that. We did try to install a set of FFR low back seats but they placed my butt too far forward causing it difficult to shift and steer. We ended up installing a set of high back seats and like the fit much better. Did finish up a radiator shroud fabbed from sheet aluminum and am happy with that. Finished the wiring and completed the dash installation. Next big task is firing the engine for the first time and breaking in the cam.
Thanks for the suggestions on creating a gallery. I'll try that now.
update... just uploaded a few pics and realized most of my pics are too big. Need to go in a save them as smalle files. Also, tried to upload a pic tht kept coming up with a car from Calif. not mine. Don't know what happened there.

Last edited by geeper; 11-30-2015 at 09:41 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Geeper,

I don't know which OS you are running but the best image re-sizer I have came across is a free one from Microsoft and it is a small one which doesn't mess with your original program at all. I use it on my XP and 7 Pro computer. You install it and then just right click on any picture that you want to re-size and you have 5 options, Small, Medium. Large, Laptop, and Custom. Just click on the one that you want and it will put that picture beside your original If it isn't the size you want you can just delete then new one and try a different size. It takes about 5 seconds to re-size a picture with this and as I said, it won't mess with the original picture.

Ron

Old 12-01-2015, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Ron. I used Microsoft Photo editor at work this morning and it had a similar function. I'll go in a post some pics now.
Chuck

update: Just finished load several random photos in my album.

Last edited by geeper; 12-01-2015 at 08:34 PM..
Old 12-14-2015, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

would like to check the photos. where should i find them @geeper?
Old 12-18-2015, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My apologies for not saying where the pics are posted. I am not totally up to speed on where things are at on this site but am getting it figured out. I posted the pics in my album under geeper. Here is the link, hopefully it works.
Club Cobra - geeper's Album: CMC Cobra build photo
If that doesn't work, click on geeper above (not the camera) and go into public profile. Albums are on the right.
Hope that works
Chuck
Old 12-28-2015, 04:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Geeper,

That is looking good. I am going to put one of your pictures in this post for the others to see. Congratulations on getting along so well.

[img]http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=3118&pictureid=13410[img]

Ron

Old 12-28-2015, 04:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Geeper,

That is looking great and you are making good progress. I am going to put one of your pictures in this post for the others to see.

Ron

Old 01-02-2016, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Ron. That was a photo of the car when I bought it. Since the purchase. I removed everything, down to the bare frame. Rebuilt the suspension, added a 408/TKO600, disc brakes etc. As of today, we have completed the interior and mounted Corbeau seats and 5 pt belts. Rollbars are powder coated and installed on both sides. Still needed are tires n wheel and paint. I'll add a couple pics of the interior build.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: