Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobra Build Logs (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/)
-   -   CSX 6079 build (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/142810-csx-6079-build.html)

1795 02-11-2021 02:03 PM

I have done a similar thing like Tony and went to a local car parts store and found a section of a standard hose that worked.

CJ428CJ 02-11-2021 03:58 PM

Mike,

It may not be ideal since it will be visible but I had to fabricate a lower hose for my car. Could you use the 90 degree like Patrick showed above plus a 45 degree hose joined by a coupler? You can find 45 degree hoses and couplers here: http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/adv...=3COOLHOSETYPE

Allan A 02-12-2021 11:34 AM

Mike,

In the past on the car builds we ended up just going to a parts store that had a number of tubes and just looked thru all of them in the back. Usually found one that was close and cut as needed.

Allan

ERA 626 02-12-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ428CJ (Post 1488991)
Mike,

It may not be ideal since it will be visible but I had to fabricate a lower hose for my car. Could you use the 90 degree like Patrick showed above plus a 45 degree hose joined by a coupler? You can find 45 degree hoses and couplers here: http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/adv...=3COOLHOSETYPE

Thank You Chris... I think I will go that route...

ERA 626 02-12-2021 06:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Made a custom thermostat housing that attaches directly to the bottom of the kirkham header tank...

mando s 02-12-2021 11:10 PM

Hi Mike,
great work.
What brand of hose and fitting's are you using?

Regards Mando.

ERA 626 02-13-2021 10:03 AM

fittings are setrab and the hose is summit

ERA 626 02-26-2021 12:21 PM

The time is almost here!! Today we did all the diagnostics for the EFI system (megasquirt) found a few minor issues I fixed, Set the timing. All I need to do is put everything back together and start it for the first time!!! I needed to fab up a bracket for my coolant tank, it is not sitting tin the traditional place like a typical FE, but I wanted the look of the FE header tank. I had a machine shop make me a thermostat housing that attaches he bottom of a Kirkham header tank. see photos above... while drilling and tapping a screw in the housing I broke the fuk tap... :-( so I ordered a 1/4" tap extractor, I hope it works... As soon as I get this done I put it together and fire it up!! Then off to the alignment shop... then the fun starts at the DMV...

ERA 626 02-27-2021 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
filled it up with 50% distilled water mixture and found a leak. Turns out the the machine shop did a nice job making the thermostat housing but did not bother to check if the screws holding it together were the correct length... they were bottoming out. I need to take apart the header tank/thermostat housing and troubleshoot the issue, 45 min later all put back together all good... Its ready to fire tomorrow morning and establish a baseline tune.

my427cobra 02-27-2021 03:39 PM

Hi ERA626. Beautiful looking EFI system you have there. And that's quite a covey of coil packs you have on the firewall.

What ignition set-up are you using?

And where do you draw manifold vacuum for the MAP sensor? A vacuum reservoir somewhere?

Cheers
Greg

ERA 626 02-27-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my427cobra (Post 1489639)
Hi ERA626. Beautiful looking EFI system you have there. And that's quite a covey of coil packs you have on the firewall.

What ignition set-up are you using?

And where do you draw manifold vacuum for the MAP sensor? A vacuum reservoir somewhere?

Cheers
Greg

we are using a megasqurit...there is a port on the rear on the valley plate for the MAP vacuum tube, then it goes to the ECU. look on my build photos it shows detailed photos of this... The design is amazing.

NROTOXIN 02-27-2021 07:03 PM

Mike,

How did the black satin ceramic coating on your exhaust turn out? If I recall, you used Accessories Plus in Belmont.
Your car looks fantastic!

Curtis

ERA 626 02-28-2021 08:29 AM

the guy in belmont was an a$$ I think he ended up going out of business... I ended up taking everything to capps in fresno and had it done over again... The black looks nice but it scratches easy... I may end up using a spray on paint or having them done over in silver...but for now I want to drive it for a while.

NROTOXIN 02-28-2021 08:56 AM

HPC did mine in Black satin 20yrs ago and not a scratch......like with a black car you have to be really careful and that includes clearing the seatbelts from the lap before attempting to get out otherwise they become catapults and end up on the pipes.

ERA 626 02-28-2021 05:16 PM

1st start went well today, at first we thought the cam sync was off 180 degrees, we checked all that and then after checking the settings in the software we made one change then BOOM it fired right up.... no leaks all good... all in all a good day... now the tuning starts... once we get a base tune on it i will most likley take it to a chassis dyno shop.

ERA 626 03-07-2021 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My builder (Neil Ruegsegger) Made me some air filters.

ERA 626 03-28-2021 03:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
She is almost done... I couple photos of the progress, alignment shop... While I was building the car I put a scratch on the rear quarter panel of the car... to fix it correctly we had the clear the whole rear of the car... Thats OK I wanted to wet sand the stripes anyway...

xb-60 03-29-2021 06:55 PM

Great Progress Mike!
Engine looks top notch, and the overall effect of all black except for the red stripes is excellent.
I'm not normally a fan of stripes, but that combination with body, wheels and pipes in black looks perfect!

Cheers,
Glen

ERA 626 03-29-2021 07:40 PM

Thank you Glenn

xb-60 03-29-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1491063)
Thank you Glenn

Easy comment to make, Mike. It's a nice looking- but mean looking - car ;)
So, it's not far off being road-ready, then?

Incidentally, I have seen (in person) Mando's Morrison setup. He is indeed a perfectionist!

Cheers,
Glen