Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default What is the Value of my SPF

Hello Cobra friends. I am considering selling my SPF with a stroked 351 build professionally ( 427 ) The car is next to perfect with 2400 miles on it and of course if comes with all the normal features of the superformance. The car was completed in 2005 and is # 1990.It is charcle gray ( anniversary color) with back stripes. It is very fast,reliable and a great driver. I'd sure appreciate any feed back about selling value. I'm located in the sacramento area of california and my e mail is ssfjcfmly@innercite.com.

Last edited by Mark costello; 11-23-2006 at 03:13 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Registered SB100?
SB100 $58,000

If not...

$51,000

JM2C
Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

late number small block SPF, 2400 miles, now, $48K. Spring, maybe $49K.
SB100 may be a premium in Cali but not elsewhere.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 11-24-2006, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am with JCoop. Mid to late 40's from what I have been seeing on Cobra Country. The folks in the $50s don't sell their cars.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoodman
I am with JCoop. Mid to late 40's from what I have been seeing on Cobra Country. The folks in the $50s don't sell their cars.
Not true....... I speak from the experience of selling my car three months ago.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Mark,

I just sent you an email regarding your car. If you plan to sell, I would be very interested in looking at your car.

Doug
Old 11-25-2006, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 498
Not Ranked     

Sorry to be bearer of bad news. It is worth low 40's at best. They are going down daily. If you are serious about selling and get a reasonable offer take it. The companys will star lowering their prices soon (some already have), you need to sell before that. It is supply and demand that simple. Lots of very nice Supers out there forsale and guys are cleaning out the garage of toys.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Check Cobra Country for prices - more in the ball park.
http://www.CobraCountry.com/home2.html
Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Mark,

Depending on the options your car has, along with the level of detailing, and at this time of the year, keeping in mind the overabundance of comparable SPF's on the market right now, real world actual selling prices are in the $38,000-$44,000 range for a small block car. As stated above, if it is already registered with an SB100 number, then you could locally (SB100 only makes sense to another California based buyer) add another $2,000-$3,000 on to the price range I first mentioned.

I do hope you find this helpful.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-25-2006, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I looked for a long long time before I found a Superformance under 45K dollars. Its all about the quality, condition, and engine. Don't give it away.

And in case you ask, no, this is not because I own one. Mine is certainly not worth 50K...

James
Old 11-25-2006, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am still looking. However, I have spent a lot of time here and on Cobra Country and there is little doubt that I can purchase a pretty nice, later model small block Superformance for mid $40s. While I am sure some cars do sell in the 50s or high 40s I think those are few and far between at this time of the year. I am waiting for a silver or grey car with black stripes.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421
Not Ranked     

It's all relative, if you know what I mean. I saved for mine for a very, very, very long time, finally pulled to trigger, and then bam, the ole family expands yet again. The more I drive my car, the more I love it, but owning one is much different than shopping for one. I wonder sometimes if I spent too much $$, or not enough. One great thing about these cars that I like is that I could always sell mine today, and buy another tomorrow. I agree with most of the above opinions.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Take it from me, not nearly as much as you'd think. . . .
Old 11-25-2006, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rsimoes,

"Take it from me, not nearly as much as you'd think. . . .

which part is 'not nearly as much as you'd think'
Old 11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The key is finding the right but for your seat. You live in CA and you should be reimbursed for the SB100. You have a newer chassis and an excellent color combination. If you were in TX we could make a deal. I made an offer on a similiar car but blue with white stripes for 46K last spring, guy finally sold it to a guy in CA where it was still titled for 49K, took about 3 months though. Inside CA I would say 50-52K outside 46 to 48K. I disagree with mid to low 40's simply because your chassis is recent. I see the ones on Cobra Country with chassis number 800 or so for 55K who knows what they are smoking but I would like some. You need to emphasize it has all the upgrades. I would ask 52,500 and sit on it until the spring if need be and list on cobra country, they seem to fetch a higher price than here, in fact 53500 is where I would start. if you had a chassis below 1200 then sure 46K
Old 11-25-2006, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Slojo,

What are you talking about your car may very well reach the buy it now price before the auction ends. If you see maddmaxxdog bid it is me and I only deal with cash, no loans, no let me see if I can get approval and the other load of sheet people come up with. I like yours but blue with white is not my favorite and for 40K I want my favorite. If it were silver or titanium we would have a deal, I will be watching the auction. By the time I have it shipped to Texas I will be at 41.5K put engine trans etc and I am sitting at 52k, like I said I am watching it.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am sorry the last post should have been to rsimoes
Old 11-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimoes
Take it from me, not nearly as much as you'd think. . . .
There's a big difference between market value of a roller and a turn key car. For every 1 person that would buy a kit, there are 5 that would buy a roller, and 25 that would buy a turnkey car. The hard part is finding them all

Desperation does nothing for your asking price either...
Old 11-25-2006, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let's see if this third try for this post will work (man I'm a spaz sometimes!!)

I think timing has something to do with it as well, not just spring vs. winter. Sometimes there just are folks out there looking for a particular car, with a particular set-up within a particular geographic location. See my car is not for sale, however I have been considering the pro's and cons of a Kirk. Sometimes all the moons line up just right for both buyers and sellers....sometimes.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

You get the word out that you're looking for a particular combination (color, motor, etc.), along with a realistic price point and trust me, the car will surface. You just have to be patient. I looked close to 6 months before I found mine, and it was so right that I bought a plane ticket from L.A. to Dallas just to see it and buy it.

Everyone else is right about SB100 cars...worth an easy $2-3K more for a Cali buyer.

Good luck,

-Dean #747 (not for sale)