17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
I have been screwed and I have been angry in the past. But I have learned every time. Life seems to right itself eventually and another cockroach dies.
Chas told me that it was just "the natural order of things" that stupid, trusting people will have their money taken from them by sneaky, crooked rats. RodKnock agreed and said "there's nothing you can do about it, it's been going on for millennia, and it will never stop." They both told me that it was just a form of "wealth transfer" and, in the long run, there's nothing wrong with it as it helps to even out the income and wealth gap.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

I have killed a few cockroaches, but it took "lawyers, guns and money". Sadly, for each one you kill another couple appear.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So...by taking cash, can we assume that you were trying to scam the government and not pay taxes? So a scammer burned another scammer? Kind of hard to have any sympathy if that was the case.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Shelby Cobra, 427FE side oiler, 4 speed top loader, dual holly carbs. Carbon Fiber Frame.
Not Ranked     

It has been a few months since I got onto ClubCobra and was shocked to find out that Tom Blessin and wife are still at it. Now they are screwing people in Wickenburg. I started this post over a year and a half ago to warn people about these two. I also reported them to the Arizona police department, the Arizona Sheriff's department, the BBB of Arizona and the State of Arizona's attorney general. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO THEM. What is wrong in the state of Arizona on upholding the law and taking care of its citizens?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

with all the great cars on cobra country and here that are assembled and running why ever buy new? a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. take all the legal action you can afford don't worry about what it cost you as long as it cost them more. you have to do it for the little guy that doesn't have the resources.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i doubt they would have ever made it out of texas, or for that matter a courthouse. god bless texas!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetran View Post
It has been a few months since I got onto ClubCobra and was shocked to find out that Tom Blessin and wife are still at it. Now they are screwing people in Wickenburg. I started this post over a year and a half ago to warn people about these two. I also reported them to the Arizona police department, the Arizona Sheriff's department, the BBB of Arizona and the State of Arizona's attorney general. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO THEM. What is wrong in the state of Arizona on upholding the law and taking care of its citizens?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Someone should get an audience with the State Attorney General and present the facts. That will take time and money, but the only legal answer I have.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
with all the great cars on cobra country and here that are assembled and running why ever buy new? a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. take all the legal action you can afford don't worry about what it cost you as long as it cost them more. you have to do it for the little guy that doesn't have the resources.
Because I don't want to buy your car, or any other Kirkham out there when I can build one new for almost the same price used, when spending this much cash I would rather control the build myself not what some Jerkoff put together, there are some good cars for sale but I prefer to build my own, there kit cars for a reason, to be built by me...or put together...
Old 01-03-2014, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

At least with me you see what you pay for before you buy it As far as building new for same price as used, either you are getting an incredible deal on a new one, or paying way to much for a used one or just full of sheet. Don't bs yourself even if its brand spanking new you will be "building" out the problems for the first year. Then when you call the assembler for advice on an issue you never should have had in the first place you will be so grateful.

A fool and their money soon part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Because I don't want to buy your car, or any other Kirkham out there when I can build one new for almost the same price used, when spending this much cash I would rather control the build myself not what some Jerkoff put together, there are some good cars for sale but I prefer to build my own, there kit cars for a reason, to be built by me...or put together...

Last edited by madmaxx; 01-03-2014 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Deleted inappropriate comment
Old 01-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place."
-Stanley Weiser
Old 01-03-2014, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The problem with replicas / kit cars is to many entities in the equation. The chassis supplier, the engine builder, the drivetrain installer. Nobody is accountable for the entire build. I think this is because it is how we skirt new vehicle requirements or bypass govt regulations.

I have said it many times before if u can't work on cars, rebuild carburators, ignition work you have no business by a replica.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
At least with me you see what you pay for before you buy it As far as building new for same price as used, either you are getting an incredible deal on a new one, or paying way to much for a used one or just full of sheet. Don't bs yourself even if its brand spanking new you will be "building" out the problems for the first year. Then when you call the assembler for advice on an issue you never should have had in the first place you will be so grateful.

A fool and their money soon part.
Ya, I bought my roller before the price increase, saved $15,000 right their, so I am building new for the price of used, just gotta know when to buy, kinda like real estate...
Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just bought a SPF for $33k less than the PO receipts total when he bought the car new. In the last month I have remedied 14 issues and have 2 left. Excluding his build receipts he has thousands in maintenance. For example 1400 for spark plugs and oil change. Wtf. His specialized mechanic was so gifted he never checked the intake bolts that were loose! Like backing out. They replaced the motor mounts with like kind for 600 not the oltoff. Once again if u can't fix them yourself. You are on a road to misery! Poor guy lived with the tach jumping around because it was never wired correctly. Who puts up with that sheet. Good thing is the guy was filthy wealthy and could not care less about the money.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

LOVE MY SPF..............................................
(not trying to hijack the thread.........but a LOT of great used cars out there)
Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Superformance are junk, they are just the best junk of replica's. I won't even consider a kit car. All cobra replicas and I am pretty sure the originals when compared to a 1978 pinto are for the most part junk.

Your best bet is buy a used on off someone who know how to work on cars. They will have sorted the bugs. On the flip side if you buy one off a very wealthly doctor you get it dirt cheap but you better know how to fix them. Pick your poison.

In the end they give you a driving experience like no other. Period. I guess that why we pay so much for them.

Ok i will quit hijacking the thread also

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown871 View Post
LOVE MY SPF..............................................
(not trying to hijack the thread.........but a LOT of great used cars out there)
Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Not Ranked     

.........ouch........................
someone did not ............take there vitamins this a.m....
Old 01-07-2014, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default TOM BLESSIN and CHRISTAL JAMES

It is with great sadness and frustration that I am reading this thread ONLY NOW. I wish I had done a Google search for Tom Blessin a few months ago.

I live in a state other than Arizona. I grew up in Wickenburg, and have family and friends still there. On a visit to Wickenburg in May 2013 I purchased a 68 Mustang coupe from my sister with the intention of having it restored and later, taking a weeks vacation driving across the country with my girlfriend to our current home on the East coast at Christmas time. We unfortunately gave the car to Tom Blessin at Wickenburg Motors to do the rehab. He had the car since early July, with full knowledge that it HAD TO BE COMPLETED by Christmas. Last time I checked that time span equaled 6 months. Seems like more than enough time for a professional to complete an uncomplicated dent pound, tune up, interior restore, repaint rehab. Well, Tom Blessin is no professional. Not even close. Perhaps a professional BS artist, tax evader or con man, but certainly not a professional of any kind when it comes to automobiles.

A family member of mine had been in fairly regular communication with Tom Blessin and his partner Christal James, about the progress of the Mustang restoration. "It's right on schedule, no problems", "Tom has never let anyone down, it will be beautiful", "It will look like a brand new car". I spoke with him 2 weeks before my trip and was assured that it would be "100% ready to go".

So I'm sure you have already guessed what happened. The day after Christmas I walk into the garage to pick-up my 'brand new 68 Mustang' and there it is. A shell, no motor, no body work, no paint, parts strewn about on the filthy floor, the hood upside down on a pile of rusty parts... with no sign of anything being close to completion. I had given the man standing there - making up excuses next to this pile of junk - a $6000 pre-payment in good faith that my beautiful ride back east would be tuned up and ready for a 3000 mile trip. WTF? Mr. Thomas Blessin had completed about 2 full weeks of work in the last six months. So why is he standing there promising me that it will be ready and beautiful in the next 3 days? Is he out of his mind? Giving him the benefit of the doubt, (am I out of my mind) I told him that I would be back in 2 days to see the progress. In those 2 days he and his crew managed to put the unwired engine back into the shell and scrape on a little bondo. That's it. Were they busy with other work? No. Was there an earthquake, a piece of SkyLab that hit his shop. I don't think so.

At this point I demanded my money back. I got MOST of it. In cash (the only way I would take it). The issue now is that Mr. Tom Blessin and Christal James of Wickenburg Motors, still have the mustang shell, a bunch of rusty parts he never replaced and I'm sure, the intention to sell this heap to some unsuspecting teenager. It's too bad. Question: Can he sell this car when the title is held by someone else? I don't know.

My girlfriend and I did manage to have a great vacation, renting a car, to do our scheduled Rt.66 trip back home. A wonderful time!

To those of us who are able to go to sleep at night with a good conscious, and can rest with the feeling that we have done well to our fellow men and women, an event like the one above only falls one way.

Perhaps we should all send our best wishes to:
Tom Blessin and Christal James owners of
Wickenburg Motors,LLC
10 S. Jefferson Street
Wickenburg, Arizona 85390
Business: 928-684-1948
Cell: 926-231-4040
Old 01-22-2014, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tom blessin and christal james are now shut down in Wickenburg and they bolth have leans on there house and assets and tax commision is investagating these to for fraud I gave them a copy of my w-4 and and faulse paper trail they left in office of collecting taxs from customers I may not see my pay now but I will in the end thanks Erwin McKinney for handling the case your the best...
Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse7 View Post
Tom blessin and christal james are now shut down in Wickenburg and they bolth have leans on there house and assets and tax commision is investagating these to for fraud I gave them a copy of my w-4 and and faulse paper trail they left in office of collecting taxs from customers I may not see my pay now but I will in the end thanks Erwin McKinney for handling the case your the best...
Pah-Pow!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 Shelby Cobra, 427FE side oiler, 4 speed top loader, dual holly carbs. Carbon Fiber Frame.
Not Ranked     

Karma is making a come-back. I hope they both rot. I got my car out of their hands and probably just in time. I truly lucked out. Others have not been so lucky.