Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC 427SC, Small Block Ford
Not Ranked     

An update on my back orders from RUCC. I received
my headers and sidepipes the last of my back
orders in december last year. I could of had them
much sooner but I decided to wait for the new
design. I must say the wait was well worth it the
quality, fit and finish are outstanding.

I must comment again I haven't had any problem
reaching Roger on the phone, sometimes it would
take a day or two but all my calls were returned.
I have found that the service after the sale is
excellence. I don't like waiting for parts any
more than the next guy but at least they will
arrive and the quality will be very good.

A satisfied owner

Mike Jones
Old 02-17-2002, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I too, have heard from Roger in the last couple of days. Headers and sidepipes are on schedule to ship by the end of the month according to him. He seems to be sincere at knocking out the rest of the parts that some of us need. I'll keep everyone abreast on any conversations as time permits.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I too, have heard from Roger in the last couple of days. Headers and sidepipes are on schedule to ship by the end of the month according to him. He seems to be sincere at knocking out the rest of the parts that some of us need. I'll keep everyone abreast on any conversations as time permits.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did several months of research before buying a kit last year. Anyone with an engineering background would have to agree that the frame design on the RUCC kit is nothing short of excellent. Probably one of the if not the safest design on the market. Very rigid as well.

In the end I did not buy the RUCC product but hope Roger (who was great to speak with by phone) is succsessful with this company.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry move over, for another rucc victim

Jeff, Since your last posting have you had any luck finding Roger? If so please tell him Charles in Mexico is also looking for him. Could you please foward any phone numbers you have.
Old 05-11-2002, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have heard fromRoger a few times since my last post. He says he is catching up on back orders as time permits. But as of yet, no headers or motor mounts. I have a friend who specializes in Cobra parts coming out in three weeks to help me fab the stuff if I don't rerceive my parts by then. Roger's number is 918-245-1512. Answering machine was still on as of a week ago. Are you missing parts or something. Email me and I will pass the message on to Roger next time I hear from him.
Jay, have you received anything yet?
Old 05-12-2002, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

He gave me a call 3 weeks ago saying my mounts and headers were done. I paid for them in advance of shipment. I was going to call him this week to see if they had shipped. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

YEAH.....................................
Received headers and motor mounts today. These were the last two things owed to me. I've gone out and layed them up and the holes line up perfectly so far. Looks like my wife will be a garage widow. I NEED to go start working on the car NOW..
Today is my 42nd birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME..............................
Old 05-23-2002, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Happy Birthday shnookie

Finally!!

Question - What kind of frontend do you have and what shocks are you using?
Old 05-23-2002, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm running tubular upper and lowers with coil-overs. Since the indsependent rear requires coil overs anyway, I figured why not just make it the same all the way around. The motor mounts look good. I'm going to try to drop in the engine for a trial fit this weekend.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question San Antonio Snake Clubs?

Planning on visiting San Antonio. Can some give me club info? When and where they meet. Phone # or email address.
Thanks
Old 10-13-2003, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I emailed twice just for a price list with no response. This tells me something right there. RUCC has been crossed off of my "list" of potential kit car manufacturers. (Now I am down to 4!)
Old 10-13-2003, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chippy:
Roger builds a VERY limited number of cars. He is on a dial-up due to his location and his email frequently acts up. His cars are not as easy to assemble as some other kits,and usually take awhile to get, but ask anyone here and they will tell you they are well worth the wait. I think he presently has a spec kit for sale with IRS. As far as pricing goes, his brochure and price list are on line @ http://rucarcrafters.com/
Hope this helps
Old 10-13-2003, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC 427SC, Small Block Ford
Not Ranked     

Chippy
I know when you are looking at various kit car manufactures it is overwhelming and you look for reasons to narrow down the list. Roger builds the entire kit (body and frame) by himself so he may be a little slow answering e-mails and returning phone calls, but given the great frame and super body (great fit and finish). Don't be so quick to cross him off your list. I have found Roger to be honest
and he genuinely cares about both his customers and quality of his kit. Roger is a perfectionist I don't know about you but
that is the kind of person I want to build my kit.

My RUCC kit is 95% finished and I couldn't be happier with how easy it went together. My painter who has painted several cobras said he couldn't believe how straight the body was. I would buy again! You are close, call and arrange a shop visit. That is the best way to decide.

Mike
Old 10-14-2003, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the input guys. Is the body hand laid, or is it chopper gun?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     

Oldmexico...
Give me a call 210-366-0317 or email me....I can get you some SA information. Weren't you going to move up here at one time?
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 10-15-2003, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Here's my two cents.

I, like everyone else looked and priced several Cobra companies and kits looking for the best quality for the money I could afford to spend. I originally looked at RUCC but they were slightly higher priced then the Shell Valley, Lonestars, and FFR's I was considering, so I set them aside. Later I came acrossed an RUCC kit I could pick up used from a gentleman who had purchased it and was unable to finish it. It was barley started on and was pretty well complete. Well we worked out a deal, he delivered the kit and I have been working on it for almost a year (I am slow). Bottom line I think it is a great kit! If I had to do it over again the RUCC kit would be my fist pick. The backbone chassis is great, the body is great. This is my first kit, and I have never done this before and so far I have not run into one issue, everything fits up well, it's well thought out and I have to think if I can put this together with out any issues then anyone can. Yes roger can be tough to get a hold of, but I have been dealing with him for over a year and a half calling with questions, getting additional options for my kit ect.. I may not get a hold of him right away, but he always returns my calls and gets me the info I need. I did not buy this kit directly from him as I bought it used, but he has treated me like I was his best customer. He has passed on any new upgrades he has made since my kit was produced and supplied anything needed with out question. I cannot say enough good about my RUCC kit and working with Roger.

My suggestion, request the manuals of the kits you are looking at, check the web for build sites so you can actually see some of the details of the assembly process. There is alot of stuff that will come up when you start to build that you will never think of asking. By reading their manuals and checking out these build sites you will get a good insight on how the kit will go together. There are a lot of good kits out there these days. all are slightly different and everyone has their favorite. If you want e-mail me directly and we can talk in more detail.

Jim
Old 03-25-2004, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry

Hello All that were taken ! I just discovered this good site to air out my thoughts too ! I know what you are all saying here about RUCC as I too have had a bad simular experiance with Rodger back in January 1999 !!! This was a very ugly transaction that ruined me even wanting to complete my cobra as it still sits uncompleted today !! Everybody who posted a message in this form brings back haunting memories and i am supprised to find RUCC still in business !
Old 03-26-2004, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Colbra Rat,

If you're aligning yourself with the negative responses on this thread I believe you are in the minority.

Though I completely understand how issues can challange one's spirit but to blame a 4 year build hiatus on them seems unfair.

Sell your kit and move on to happier times. I sold mine as I overestimated my spare time and it troubled me to have the potential for so much fun just sitting idle. I suspect its new home is a happy home.

However, if there is a way this group can get your motivation rev'ed back up please let us know!

Leo Miller
Old 03-26-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leo ! I beleive I am just and fair in my words as I had 4+ years to think about my post ! I made my decision not in haste but based on true facts! If I am a minority in this form or not is unimportant to me ! The facts should be knowen as people should be accountable for what they do and say ! I wish I had someone giveing me this info when I bought my kit that I bought as then I would have no complaints ! This is what makes this great country and this forum so great that one can compare apples with oranges without being persecuted . Leo your asscessment of me saying I have no right to feel this way is obsurd and unfounded for you do not walk in my shoes and do not know the facts! "Judge not less you be judged" I think about this verse and take it to heart....Thanks for the opertunity to express ones self on a great forum .......