21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2004, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To be fair, I now have a few friends with completed cars. I also have all the parts I need to finish mine. Now all I need is time. Rogers kit is one of the best I have seen as far as design and overall workmanship goes. He has had in the past some horrific delivery problems. As a very small business that depends on alot of outsourcing he is at the mercy of everyone else. So I do believe most of the problems he had were not his fault. I also think he was going too diversified by trying to please everyone. It would have been much easier to limit choices to a small or big block ford, IRS or solid axle, and backbone only. Less parts needed, and minimum development work once the basic car was done. It is very hard to talk a header manufacturer into designing headers for 8 different motors and 2 different chassis for possible one-off sales. It goes to the back of their list.
I do think that he took the high road by finishing all the parts we needed. In this business you hear too many times of companies going out of business after stealing deposits, sending unbuildable partial cars, etc. Roger has not done this. Kudo's to him.
This is not a first time build car. While it is a good car, the support network is not there like it is on F5's cars, etc. Since he is such a small builder, it never will be. You need to be able to "figure a few things out for yourself. HUGE KUDOS for Ralph Wilson and his site.
I have not talked to Roger in a long time. Basically, I have not have time to work on the car. But I need to call and say HI.
If there is anything we can do to help put you back on track, let us know. we are a small but extremely helpful group.
I bought the car because I liked what I saw, and to this day I still like what I see. Unfortunately, I'd like what I see even more assembled.
Would I buy another RUCC car? Right after a Kirkham.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Colbra, I did not say you had "no right". I said I thought it was "unfair" and my assessment was based on the limited information presented. Please allow me to put words in my own mouth. Heaven knows I've put my foot there plenty of times!!!

I suspect we (you and I, as well as others here) are like minded in the spirit of free speech and self-expression. If my choice of words in any way infringed upon those, please, accept my apology.

Please let us know if there is a way any of us can help.

Leo
Old 03-26-2004, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC 427SC, Small Block Ford
Not Ranked     

colbra rat

I would like to welcome you to the club. I am sorry for the problems you have had. You give no clue as to what they are, the car, build or Roger the owner of RUCC. With no information we can't help you and it not fair to imply people shouldn't purchase a RUCC kit with out an explanation of your problem.

I own a RUCC Roadster and I am in the final stages of the build. I have found the kit to be of outstanding quality and the build very easy with excellent fit and finish. I have had the pleasure of working with Roger and have found him very knowledgeable, honest and helpful. To be fair the only negative I have found with Roger is it may be the next day or so before he returns my phone calls (Roger has no employees so he can't answer the phone every time I call because he is out in the shop) but he has returned every call I have made to him.

I would like to help you but based on my experiences with both the car and Roger I will need more information from you. The kit is to nice and driving way to much fun not to finish the kit. Spend some time reading some of the threads here in the Consumer Watch about some of the other kits and builders to see how bad things can really get. Again welcome to the club and take advantage of the wealth of knowledge of the members to help you spark that desire to drive one of the best sports cars ever made.

Mike Jones
Old 03-26-2004, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Guys ! Thanks for your understanding I really am not a mean person that goes around saying negitive thing about people ! But I am the type that will "calls it like I sees it" I plan soon on starting my long overdue project ! I have just about everthing now to complete it ! Hey Leo Sorry for my grumpyness earlyer too.......Mike...
Old 08-19-2004, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm so confused!!!
Not Ranked     

Hate to beat a dead horse...

I'm about to make a decision on my first kit and RUCC was(is) strongly in the lead. Then I found this thread.

It's been almost 5 months since the last post here. Has the RUCC situation improved?

Fresh comments on RUCC would be greatly appreciated!

-Steve
Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

This post is not a negitive one for RUCC as I have done in the past ! I just want to give someone a chance to buy the unfinished chassie and body (minus engine) that I got back in 1999 frrom RUCC. Any one interested please email me and save a bunch of $$.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

shoot me an email, I would like to talk to you about the car

buzzmarr@birch.net
Old 08-20-2004, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Roger is still in buisness and working hard. He sometimes takes a few days to return calls, but he has always returned them. If you read all of the post pertaining to RUCC then you know Roger went through some pretty tough times a few years ago, he was behind had some associates leave had some that were not producing the quality he demanded. Long story short he turned his shop into a one man show. He does everything, this has its good points and its bad points, however in my experience the good outway the bad by far. When you call with a question you will talk with him and he knows everything about the kit. He will tell you everything you need and give you more information then you were looking for, a lot of helpful ideas based on experience, suggestions ect..ect... The only bad point I can think of is the turn around time. Being a one man show he is cutting down the amount of orders he takes to ensure they get completed on time, however sometimes the odd and end stuff people such as I request takes a little time to squeeze in, and the turn around time on phone calls is not as good as some other companies that employee a full service department to take and make calls, but the calls are all returned. I purchased my kit second hand from Leo when he put his up for sale. He and Roger told me that RUCC would treat me like a direct customer that purchased it fromm RUCC, and after owning the kit for 2 years I got to say I got way more then I expected. Roger has been more then fair, he is an upfront honest guy, who has gone way out of his way for me as far as I am concerned. I could not expect any more from anyone. Yes I had the same concerns the others have posted when I ws first looking, you get frustrated once in awhile waiting for a return call or parts, but planning ahead so the waiting is not an issue then it is not an issue. I have waited for calls and parts, however it has never held me up on my build, I am just slow.

Bottem line, great kit, great guy, worth any preceived hassle mentioned previousley on these threads. You can talk with any RUCC owner you will see concerns mentioned, however I believe everyone of us including me would purchase an RUCC kit again, and again with out thinking twice about it. If you want more information or details feel free to e-mail me directly, or we can talk the old fasion way over the phone.

Jim
Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Just for the record: I was at Rogers last week and he had two kits in various stages of completion with the bodies on and a frame waiting on a body. Roger does very good work albiet a little slower than most. I know Rogers cars are probably better built than a lot of the mfgs selling kits these days. I know his cars are race worthy and extremely well adapted for race set-ups basically leaving the racing up to the drivers skills.

Roger is a very nice and honest individual and I believe he sells a nice product. Just be patient!

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Steve,
Did you get my P.M.?
MIke
Old 08-20-2004, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm so confused!!!
Not Ranked     

Mike: PM replied to...

Jim: Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

I am really drawn to the RUCC chassis. It is definitely still a front running candidate.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC 427SC, Small Block Ford
Not Ranked     

Steve

First let me say the post by Jim Wintz says it all and I totally agree with him.
I fully understand what you are going through trying to decide which cobra
replica to purchase. Like you I was impressed with the back bone chassis and that is what made me decide to purchase an RUCC.

I will finish my car this weekend and be on the road next week. So I feel I can give you an honest opinion on the quality
of the car and ease of the build. The quality is first class with fit and finish to die for (compared to some replica I have seen). This was my first replica to assemble and I found it very straight forward and not difficult at all. I would rate it as a great first time build. I found Roger to be a great help even with my dumb question. It is a lot of work but when you see it finished I can't tell you how happy and proud it had made me.

I'm glad I purchased an RUCC and would
gladly do it again. If I can answer any questions e-mail me your phone number.

Mike
Old 08-23-2004, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Will here is the last post from me I am thru with being snake bit finally ! I put the RUCC car that I got from Rodger back in 1998 on ebay ..Auction number 2487700463 ..for anyone interested ........Good luck to all you happy RUCC buyers !!