Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2004, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NONE
Not Ranked     

MR. SCOTT I WOULD LOVE TO STOP BY FOR A TOUR. I DON'T SUPPOSE JAY HAS A WEB SITE TO CHECK OUT PRICES, I DON'T WANT TO WASTE ANYBODY'S TIME. FIRST THING FOR ME TO DO IS GET MY 71' CHALLENGER SOLD.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default web site

WWW.COBRAS.COM
Old 01-31-2004, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Give this guy a call about your Challenger. He is MR. Mopar, it's worth a trip to his shop just to see the cars. He buys and sells so he may be able to help you in your sale.

Dave Neumann 1-320-859-4906
Don
Old 02-02-2004, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi All...

I'm truely happy to hear about the current state of Classic/Leisure! I'm also truely sorry for my negative spouting when I wasn't aware of the facts. Hope I didn't cause any undo grief. Good luck, Don.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Howie, no problem, I know you intentions were good. I must know you if you were at Classic. I've been dealing with them since 1990. We must have met somewhere along the line. What did you do for them?
Don
Old 02-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

inflated facts, made misleading promises, false statements, unacheivalbe deadline hype

ENABLER

think I have some issues? I have NOTHING complimentary to say about ANYONE who worked in the Rutherford regime

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL balanced and blueprinted 351W
Not Ranked     

Hi , I just stumbled over my cobra frame recently and thought about trying to get started on it again . I purchased a kit in 1991 and went through hell with crl ! I was hoping to pick up a body kit to finish my rolling chassis off finally , and It sounds like the new crl is just like the old crl I think I must have some bad timing Karma going on , Anybody out there want to sell a crl body ?
Old 12-01-2004, 04:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

cjr351

I, too, was caught up in the bankrupcy. My car is a '92. Had to find alot of parts else where. There is hope. Hang in there. I have been enjoying my car (on the road) for a number of years.

I don't know how you got the impression that the new CR is as bad as the old CR, but , nothing could be further from the truth. Don Scott, the new owner, has been terrific at satisfying old and new customers. I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about him. I find him to be a man of honesty and integrity. He has even sent a bunch of us a free upgrade to the brake pedal set up. No charge, not even the shipping was charged to us. He is trying very hard to please.

That is just my opinion. I have no connection with CR what so ever. Go to the Classic Roadster II section of this forum, I think you will see how helpful Don is.

Paul
Old 12-01-2004, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I Got the impression from reading posts in this forum I guess I'll check them out as soon as there web site is up again
Old 12-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

cjr351 - Do give dscott a try - you will be glad you did.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

cjr351,

you may want to note the posting dates of these responses and compare them to the CRII forum. Don has really bent over backwards to make up for Rutherford even though it wasn't his fault.

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."

Last edited by J. T. Toad; 12-01-2004 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-01-2004, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Being unfamiliar with this site and this forum , I started at the beginning late at night and didn't get through all of the posts . I just saw a bunch of the early post and It all sounded like old times . I bought the CRL cobra because of the reviews in mags on the company and I liked the idea of a longer wheelbase . I thought I had researched the company pretty well . I am more than just a little gunshy at this point , but I want to finish my car ......
Old 12-01-2004, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cjr351, sorry to hear about another person screwed from the old Classic days. I bought the company about 2 years ago and have really worked hard to bring the company back to good standing. I was a dealer for Classic for 14 years before I bought the company so I went through the same thing as hundreds of others. Give me a call and let me know what you need to finish your car and I'll help in any way I can to make the bitter taste go away. I am very proud of what my crew and I have done with the company and in my opinion we have the best quality car on the market ( I may be somewhat biased of course). My number is 1-888-722-6272
Don
Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

CJR351,

Welcome to the forum. I as a victim of the OLD CRL but I was able to finish my Cobra thanks to the folks here; not the least of which was Don Scott at the NEW CRL. Give Don a call, he'll shoot you the straight scoop.

You can also read all about my CRL build at http://www.birch.net/~petek/cobra

Best of luck with your build!

Who is John Galt?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well J.T. I went back and actually read the date this time. I just " saw " 11-28 and assumed the rest . And you know what they say about people who assume . I thought I had stepped into the way back machine and landed back in 1991 . My apologies Don , consider those thoughts directed at the old CRL hope to speak with you soon ....