17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-16-2004, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Motor Car Cobra Replicas

Request information on Classic Motor Car Replicas. I know some history of company, now Street Beasts, but were the Classic kits okay when completed.

Last edited by grayfoxrunpa; 03-16-2004 at 08:31 AM..
Old 03-16-2004, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra
Not Ranked     

I have one of their kits. Have had it for 3 years now and it is still uncompleted. It is not a very easy kit to build, and you might as well throw ot the manual. Have had to do much fabrication. The frame and the body seem to be of very good construction. Thick fiberglass and nice gelcoat finish. Other members on this forum have completed cars and seem to like their cars. They do have a bad rap, but its seems mostly to be from their business practices and not the quality of the vehicle itself.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 1837 408w 93mm turbo
Send a message via AIM to mike knight Send a message via Yahoo to mike knight
Not Ranked     

I BOUGHT ONE OF THE STREETBEAST KITS ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO AND ITS FINISHED EXCEPT PAINT. THE FRAME IS WELL PUT TOGETHER AND THE GLASS WORK IS VERY GOOD. I AGREE THAT THE OWNERS BUILD MANUAL IS A LITTLE WEAK. YOU HAVE TO HAVE ABOVE AVERAGE MECHANICAL APTITUDE AND SOME HELP FROM PEOPLE IN THE CAR INDUSTRY TO HELP. I DIDN'T USE ANY DONOR PARTS SO THAT ALL COMPONENTS WERE ORDERED AS "BUILD TO FIT". EXAMPLE I TOOK THE CHASSIS TO S & S CHASSIS IN DES PLAINES ILL. TO HAVE THE REAR END BUILT TO FIT. THE REAR END IS TRIANGULATED FOUR LINK WITH A WISHBONE, ANTI ROLL, LOCKER AND STRANGE 41 SPLINE AXLES. IT WAS MORE EXPENSIVE TO DO IT THIS WAY BUT THE END RESULT WAS THE CHASSIS IS NOW INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE AND THE REAR END IS ALMOST BULLET PROOF. I CAN'T COMMENT ON THE INSTALLATION OF DONOR PARTS BUT I CAN SAY THAT THE CHASSIS GUY SAID THAT THE FRAME WAS WELL CONSTRUCTED. THE BODY INSTALL WAS A LITTLE TEDIOUS BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS ANY DIFFERENT WITH SIMILARLY PRICED KITS. IF YOU HAVE THE TIME, SPACE AND PATIENCE YOULL BE O.K. I HAD NEVER BUILT A CAR BEFORE BUT BUILT TWO AIRPLANE KITS (SONERAI II AND GLASSAIR FG) SO I WAS FAMILIAR WITH FIBERGLASS CONSTRUCTION METHODS. SORRY TO BE SO LONG WINDED HOPE IT HELPS.
71 torino cobra 429 scj
66 ford galaxie 7 liter
68 buick wildcat 430