14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2005, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

I've never had a problem with them, but I was trying to find an old post from Paul Sutphen, he had purchased a complete ERA 427SC and the moder blew up almost immediately. He went to court and won.

Maybe Computerworks can help, it may be in an archive somewhere. It was in the Consumer Forum maybe 2+ years ago.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Just reading this thread would cause me to shop elsewhere.
Maybe it's time for them to rethink their position on returns and customer satisfaction. Keep up the pressure....I've seen it work on this forum before....
Old 03-12-2005, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA
Not Ranked     

I just got a few parts from finish line
( oil cooler & shroud, Cobra OE Cap
for steering wheel center) to name a
few and thought they were all in
great cond. matter of fact have never
had anything come from them that was
bad. The price is an other matter. 60.00
dollars for a steering center is a little high
I have to say. But I most of their prices
are about the same as others..
Old 03-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Long delayed respsone to the question:

When did I buy my side emblems from Finish Line?

Couple of YEARS ago, the current quailty maynot be the same as when I bought. The ones I bought I was happy with.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

For what it's worth...

No experience with Cobra Restorers in Atlanta. From what I'm reading, never will.

Good experience:

Summit. Great! Jegs. Great! CRII for factory parts, Great!

Finishline. Product, service, quality; fine. But PRICY!

My OEM Cobra stuff (mirrors, gas cap, some emblems, windshield, all Lucas stuff) came from europaspares.com. They have a sister site just for Cobras called cobraspares.com. They are in England where Cobras are still made. Their service, products, and quality are all first rate. Their prices I would rate as fair for OEM quality parts. Order on-line, they convert from British Pounds (now Euros) to U.S. dollars, and parts come well packed in a box in a few days. Don't know about returns, never had to return anything.

Tony Branda is another good source for emblems and badges. A little on the pricey side, but not like Finishline.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Have never had an issue with Finish Line (Enzo) - great service, good products..... use them whenever I need something.

My $0.02

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 03-13-2005, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SO with big twin autolite inlines on custom intake, jag rear, top loader, wembeldon white, guardsmen blue stripes
Not Ranked     

Short and sweet, most of us who come from the ATL area stay as far away as possible from C.R.

Remember!, there's a huge difference between a 'parts' changer, and a mechanic.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I quit using them years ago due to their policy. After an hour on the phone making sure an air filter would fit and being told we have it right here and have measured it and it is exactly the size you want, I ordered it. When I recieved it, the darn thing was two times the thickness, length, and width of what I could use. I called and wanted to return it and was told, it isn't damaged or anything due to our fault and since there is no damage and it is good, we won't take it back, so no return. At that price it really ticked me off to have to just throw it away. I also threw away their catalog at the same time.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-13-2005, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM/289 small block
Not Ranked     

Order on-line, they convert from British Pounds (now Euros) to U.S. dollars, and parts come well packed in a box in a few days. Don't know about returns, never had to return anything.

Have the British gone to the EUROS ???????...I still travel there with POUNDS.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

UUHHH, JOSE - - - -

WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

BLACKJACK
Old 03-13-2005, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk 3 408 530 - 585 T- mustang Dyno at B&R
Not Ranked     

Never had a problem FYI- I purchased a number of items from Finish line and I have been pleased. Just got mats from them.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

I also purchase many items from the folks at Finishline in Florida. Paula and Enzo are some of the nicest people around to do biz with. I have found a part cheaper here and there but there is a lot of value in knowing you will get what you ordered and it will come ASAP. In the rare time something is wrong for whatever reason they JUST Make It Right and that is worth a little more to me in the end.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2189
Not Ranked     

Cobra Restorers has always had one of the worst reputations on CC since I have been here. Rarely does one hear anything good about them---just a litany of complaints.

Finishline, on the otherhand, has always been at the top of the hit parade for excellent service and quality.

Last edited by Ford of France; 03-14-2005 at 09:22 AM..
Old 03-14-2005, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax 426FE Stroker/Tremec 600
Not Ranked     

From across the pond here, I've had nothing but good service from Europa in the U.K and Finishline in the States.

I've just checked the change in my pocket and can confirm that the U.K. is still using the pound. (Over my dead body will we adopt the Euro!)
Old 03-15-2005, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Paula here from Finish line. John told me a few weeks ago Tim called and wasn't happy with his emblems and he told him to throw them away and sent him a new set. Tim subsequently called and said they were fine and he had made a post but was going to correct it. I guess he never got around to it. Just so all of you know we want all items to be perfect just like all your dollars are perfect. I do have packers in the back and vendors that sometimes change something and it may get out before I get a call. I never remember anyone not having items replaced that are for any reason inferior.

Regards

Paula
Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I just ordered a leather Moto-Lita wheel from Finish Line and they shipped a Wood MK3 by mistake. When I called they apologized for the problem, offered to pay for my shipping return to them, and stated they would hold the price to what it was prior to the recent price increase. All without me asking!

Good company with good people

Brent
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B
Not Ranked     

Brent, It is not to say every transaction is a negative one with Cobra Restorers but there are too many for me!

Glad you got what you needed.

You can observe a lot from just watching.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     

jams,

I was talking about Finishline.

I did not mean to change your thread. I just wanted to give props where it was due. Too many say when things go bad and few mention the good things. I have not used Cobra restorers (nor will I unless I have to)

Thanks
Brent

Brent
Old 03-18-2005, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Like most organizations, the closer you are to them (geographically) the better chance for decent service. Chuck Gutke is a split personality, fine one day and an A$$ the next. Their Cobra parts business has been dwindling for years and they have switched to hot rods, primarily. They still do decent volume but it is geared towards real cars, more or less. The last time I was there he was pricing something out for the Kirkhams.

With all this said, they have never failed to accept a return from me and I've NEVER so much as paid a restocking fee - EVER! They basically only have 4 shelve units and a wall of inventory - it's common practice but criminal. Buyer beware!

Sorry Jams!
Old 11-24-2006, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 742 / 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I've dealt with Cobra Restorers and Chuck Gutke many times over a twenty year period and have never received a product that was of poor quality or misrepresented in any way and this includes buying convertible tops and aluminum panels as well as various accessories. I can't attest to the restocking charge since I have never had to return anything. Cobra Restorers has always dealt in original or very accurate replications of parts and accessories for ACs. Since most replicas are only approximately true to the original car's shape, some items will not fit various manufacturer's bodies and this is definately true regarding tops, bows, and side curtains. Chuch is a fairly direct guy and he will tell you that he can only be certain about original ACs, Kirkhams and ERAs regarding fit an d finish. When I ordered my first top from him over twenty years ago he actually "grilled" me on what type of car it was going on telling me more than once the top would only fit an original car. Doubt that has changed much. On a very positive note, Chuch has restored over 50 original cars to date. If you want to know something about the originals and how something fit or was attached, this guy is a wealth of great information that can usaully be had for the price of a phone call.