28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS 427, Keith Craft 501,Toploader
Not Ranked     

Who else in Texas do you think is a crooked Cobra builder?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Cobra, 351 Windsor, Tremec 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Ummm, I think sigx97 is referring to one Grumpys Garage. Guy is supposed to be somewhere around Plantersville, TX. What's really weird, is Plantersville & Huntsville are only about 40 miles apart. Must be something in the water.

Here's wishin' you blue skys and green lights!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 289 USRRC - sold, RCR GT40 - Sold , WC Cobra - Sold, Stallion - Sold, Tiger - sold
Not Ranked     

I visited Holliday's "shop" when he was in Spring, TX...something like 20 years ago. It was only a garage at his house. I have not seen his product since he moved to Huntsville.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just hope that this and other threads like it are read by as many people as possible. These guys stay in business because too many people are willing to put down deposits with just a picture in a book. As I write this, there are still people who ask for deposts for "reserving your place in line" or "starting your build".

I was one of those wishful thinkers about 16 years ago (Advanced Chassis). It took me 14 years ro build it - it was virtually a build from scratch. This time around, I bought the car with a credit card - no car, get your money back. I got my car and all the pieces in about two weeks.

Brian
Old 02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't have one thanks to Carlton Wayne Bridges aka Grumpy!
Send a message via AIM to sigx97
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brewer View Post
Who else in Texas do you think is a crooked Cobra builder?
None other than Carlton Wayne Bridges aka Grumpy Club Cobra - View Profile: grumpy on this forum. I know for a fact he has taken money from 2 people on this board. The man refuses to do what is right. Well a judge has now said what is right and what will be done. Carlton Wayne Bridges cannot appeal anything about the judgment either, that time has passed. He remains defiant to return monies or to speak to anyone, instead he runs and hides.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Holliday Motorsports Cobra's

Well it appears to be true "God does work in mysterious ways". On a recent visit to a friends Automotive repair shop I saw a replica of a Shelby Cobra in his drive. After inquiring about it he said it was for sale and if he didn't have so many irons in the fire he would buy it himself. (It was infact a great deal) The car in reference is Mr Lihou's Holliday Motorsports Cobra. The car wasn't running and would not crank, and after installing a new MSD 6A box and pick up coil in the distributor she fired right up. I contacted Mr. Daryl Holliday in regards to gathering info on the car, ie.. engine build, body and frame and the man was and has been arwesome and expidious in getting me info. The next day after bringing the car home Daryl had his son Daryl Jr. contact me about picking the car up and fixing any and all the problems that were connected to the car and was somewhat insistant in a professional way, I told Mr. Holliday that I owned the car now and he certainly didn't owe me a thing, his response was "that even though my name was on the title that his was on the car and would like to make his portion of the car right" and assured me that he would see that I was a happy camper and it wouldn't cost me a thing. So with that I gave them the car. His son Daryl Jr. is an awesome young man with a head for cars, he took the car and made all the repairs, replaced the water pump, added another coolant fan system, replaced a couple gaskets that were resulting in a couple minor oil leaks, extended the brake and gas pedals forward to give my long legs some manuvering room (which by the way I didn't expect at all, I simply mentioned that would be something for me to consider at some point), rejeted the carb and dialed it in perfectly, interior minor repairs made, and returned a "STREET SCREEMING MACHINE". The car runs like a dream and handles like it's driveing on a rail. The construction is by far of excellent quality, I have had the chief mechanic next to Alamo Performance in San Antonio look at and drive this car (he also made some adjustments) and he said he's probably driven at least 100 Cobras both original and replicas and this one is by far the best he'd driven and was impressed with Mr. Holliday's frame design. The engine is set back a few inches and aligned with the Jag final drive which is one reason it handles so darn well and with better weight distribution. One thing that people with hot rods of any kind should not forget is that there not Caddys and do require attention. I have read a few messages written in this forum in regards to Mr. Holliday and Holliday Motorsports (most of which are a year or so old) and I'm not running to the man's defense nor was I there when a couple buyers had there "problems", but for what ever it is worth my relationship has been nothing but positive. Can't everything be on a bad note after all Mr. Holliday raised his children and put them through school building Cobra's and restoring them for folks like us. By the way I happen to know that he is restoreing an original right now worth over $300K, so obviously he's doing something right. I don't know I could be crazy but when I do the math and you haved figured over 30 years of building and restoring these cars and to have only a couple people unhappy I guess ain't to bad. The funny thing thats makes me smirk a little is that if every builder of every car was 100% perfect we would be living in a perfect world... Not Happening!! LOL... Oh well My thanks to Mr. Lihou for the car, Both Mr. Hollidays for making it right, and God for sending them all my way... By the way my business is buying and selling, in which most of my efforts are directed to aircraft and aero-space related business. I treat all purchases from a business standpoint and with $30,000 and a crowbar to pry the Cobra keys from my hands takes it.. Take Care and give thanks for the miles we can drive and the sky we fly..

Last edited by Road-N-Air; 02-24-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Old 02-24-2008, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm. If I was trying to double my money (bought for $15,000 and selling for $30,000), I would tell the world how awesome it was too!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Holliday Cobra, 351 Windsor, Tremec 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Road-N-Air,
I know a little about airplanes, I retired from USAirways. I also know a little about automobiles and am the (not proud) owner of one of Holliday's "hand crafted machines". If you'll email me your address, I'll send you a copy of the letter and appraisal report I sent Holliday. I know that Rich paid close to $40,000 for his Holliday POS and was only able to get $15,000 when he sold it. Not my idea of good value. Holliday got to me for a little over $35,000 and the car was professionally appraised for $20,000. Even then, the appraiser told me he was doing me a favor, "in case I ever wanted to sell it". Obviously, you paid $15,000 for the car because that's all it's worth!

Here's wishin' you blue skys and green lights!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '66 Shell Valley, Original "K" Code 289
Not Ranked     

Road-In-Air..."Thank God" you were there to use your first poast to set the record straight and save the good name of Holliday.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

Mastiff,

Looks like first, and LAST post.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

I drive by his 'shop' about once a week on business...and he has never SEEN and original, much less been handed one for restoration! I visited there last week when I saw a Cobra out front, and it's the same old same old. Filthy floors, greasy used parts and unwashed employees. This guy reeks...both figuratively and literally. The only God he appreciates is the one we trust on the dollar bill. AVOID THIS SNAKE!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

What?

Not a genuine post?

Ya Think?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

I believe him, and Dorothy & Toto really did see the Wizard
Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well first to Mastiff,
Sorry for the delay in responding to yalls messages but in my business more time is spent in the air than on the road.
Thank God indeed, Darly and his son are a couple great guys, who I have found to be honest and hard working gentlemen with a dream to build Cobras and restore Originals. Their work is supurb and the car I have is truely a bad ass.

Road-N- Air

Secondly to ATexasSnake

I too know aircraft, I buy and sell corporate jets and turbo prop aircraft, also know cars as well. I understand your feeling about waiting so long to receive your car from Holliday MS, and for the record the man does not buy kits and put them together he hand builds the cars from the ground up. Everthing! The amount Rich received from the sale of his car wasn't due to my assessed value but because of the asking price he set. I personally would have paid twice as much if asked and still would have gotten a good deal. We as men if not carefull can set our values on our assets by emotions and the way we think about things. If we walk around mad about something then we shall harvest what we sow. Just that simple. I too have had not only one but two independent appraisals and the first was $40,000 which is what I insured the car for and the second was even a little higher. If you have a car built by Holliday then more than likely you have a great car, enjoy it, think, and speak about it with good tongue. Now crawling off my soap box, I truly hope you enjoy your car sir...

Road-N-Air
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR , 5.0 Kenne Belle SuperCharged
Not Ranked     
Default "Not a Kit" Cobra by Holliday on Ebay

Saw this on Ebay

http://tinyurl.com/4xf5jl
Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Just as a point of interest...

Road-N-Air and the seller on E-Bay,Pat,are one in the same.

Current bid $19,600 ..Buy it now $ 29,750

Last edited by 392cobra; 04-04-2008 at 02:50 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421 351W
Not Ranked     

I,m with Zots; met Daryl about 20 years ago, when he was working out of his garage, at his house in Spring. The car I drove had more cowl shake than a B-17! ......um, no thanks! In his back yard I spied a Cobra body...he claimed it was an original, that he was using to "splash" his fiberglass bodies. The story he told was that he was one of the original mechanics for Arntz, and Arntz used that body to splash all of his cars. You don't suppose this is the so called $300,000 car he's restoring? I wasn't able to get a CSX number at the time, but I sure thought it was highly irregular to have an aluminum Cobra body sitting in the weeds, in your back yard!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am one of those that bid on this Cobra. Never heard of Holliday and had a hard time finding any info until I came across this site. Car is upto $23,000 +. So in your opinion, its not worth it, it sounds like a lemon.

Comments? Please.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Like buying any car, go look at it, drive it and if feels like what you want buy it....if you can't see it in person....better get some fine print written on what it is and isn't and what happens to your deposit/ money if something is amiss from as advertised. It's as is, where is. Maybe you should apply for this if you aren't sure. "This vehicle is eligible for up to $50,000 in free Vehicle Purchase Protection"
Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

Hmmm. That's funny. I note in the eBay ad that this Holliday shop has recently restored "an original Cobra worth over $300,000." I wonder why the owner didn't mention that in submitting details on his car for the new registry?