14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

Red, I've done just that. I got a call back only from the assistant director wondering how I got her number. After explaining, she told me the only email address and phone numbers were the ones I already had. She didn't know who his friends were and gave me a line of bull$hit. I suppose it doesn't have anything to do with their club except for the fact that they have a scammer as their tech director.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Okay, I need some help posting pictues...

Go to the gallery and look at the 2007 events. Hover over the pictures with your cursor and the names pop up.

BTW: you sure it's actually this guy, or was it someone using his public profile to alias/spoof (perhaps someone from Nigeria?) You have a trail of where the money went?

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear about your problem Ugly. Good luck. Maybe we could send Jamo up there to give you a hand.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

Yup it's him. I forwarded a picture to a member of the forum. I can't get them to post here either. Like I said, just a dumb norski. He had a picnic on July 14 at his residence. Lots of pictures and two of "Ronnie" Stefanuk.
John

Last edited by double ugly; 07-31-2007 at 06:17 PM..
Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudmaster
Sorry to hear about your problem Ugly. Good luck. Maybe we could send Jamo up there to give you a hand.
You think???
How about it Jamo?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug
Okay, I need some help posting pictues...

Go to the gallery and look at the 2007 events. Hover over the pictures with your cursor and the names pop up.

BTW: you sure it's actually this guy, or was it someone using his public profile to alias/spoof (perhaps someone from Nigeria?) You have a trail of where the money went?
It's him. Yes I have the bank account info. and associated paper trail.This whole thing doesn't make any sense at all.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     
Default Ron?

Here is a try at posting the pic.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Is this the guy?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Man I hate to see this kind of thing happen. I very much hope this guy has to pay up plus costs and that it all works out for you. I do a lot on eBay and have had a few minor scrapes but nothing serious, nothing like this scam. I've even bought and sold a couple of cars without any crisis. I suppose luck helps. One thing I have heard and read everywhere is that the highest risk is with wire transfers. There is virtually no recourse if it goes wrong as opposed to major credit card insurance, even PayPal has some extent of coverage. Unfortunately this type of scam usually requires legal intervention. What is this guys eBay name, is he still selling? The word needs to get out to be on the lookout for him.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

John,

Mario Andretti once joked about Chris Amon (an old F1 driver who never won a race because of bad luck) that if he became an undertaker, people would stop dying.

I hope this all works out in the end for you!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Red, that's the guy. His ebay name is "Variable Solutions" and he only has sold or bought 20 items on ebay. Thank, Kris. I've thought about going to Toronto renting a car and looking him up but 30 to life in a Canadian prision isn't worth it. Life goes on.
Thanks again all.
John
Old 08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A fellow club member was gracious enough to drive to Shelburne, Ontario but there is no such address. I'll have to hire an investigator to do a property search since he owns land in Mulmur Township. Hopfully that will indicate where he actually lives.
John
Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another update on this guy. The SVTOA club that he is the tech director for contacted me this AM and said they were sending Ron Stefanuk a registered letter stating he was being dropped from their club. I guess calling the officers of the club and griping about the dirt bag has finally paid off.
John
Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Keep applying the pressure, John!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I talked to the Ontario Provincial Police to see if they would accompany me to see the guy. They weren't very receptive to the idea since it's a civil matter but did tell me that if an officer was free they would send one with me. I guess I'll have to turn it over to the barrister in Shelburne.
John

Last edited by double ugly; 08-02-2007 at 08:53 AM..
Old 08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another quick update. I filed a complaint with three gov. agencies including the RCMP in Canada that deal with internet fraud. I don't think much will come of it since in the grand scheme of things this is unimportant. Made me feel better though spending an hour plus typing and grumbling.
John

Last edited by double ugly; 08-02-2007 at 12:27 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, guess what. After finding a Barrister in Shelburne last year I sued the guy and finally got the first check from the SOB for a thousand Canadian. ( covers the legal fees) Only 8 more to go but I'm not holding my breath.
John
Old 11-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Cash that check fast. Best of luck.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

If he's a scammer, this check, or the next ones, will bounce and then he will disappear!

Good luck.

Lesson: NEVER SEND/WIRE CASH ON EBAY. USE PAYPAL ONLY!

Last edited by jhv48; 11-04-2008 at 07:26 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra International body Waltech frame
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
So, things are about to get ugly...ugly. Sorry to hear these troubles as I do plenty of ebaying. Any recourse through ebay or credit card company?
Never bought anything big out of the States.
Any ClubCobra members up around them parts of Canada?
Dave
I am a active member of two Cobra Clubs here in Ontario. His name doesn't ring a bell to be me. I also do not live far from Shelbourne, let me know what I can do to help. If all is to be true I am embarrsed for all other Canadians and hope he gets his just deserts. I will also hyper link this thread to the two sites we all chat in. Cobra members are a global brother/sisterhood.