14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     
Default Scammer in Ontario

I bought (I thought) a side oiler from a guy by the name of Ron Stefanuk in Shelburne Ontario through Ebay. His email is variablesolutions@bellnet.ca. He has been jerking me around now for several months. First he had family issues and was out of touch for a couple weeks, then he was in the hospital for several weeks and that all may very well be true. When I finally got in touch with him he agreed to ship the engine the next day. I heard from him via email that it was picked up and on its way to Fort Erie for customs. He said he would send me the way bill number as soon as he got it. A week or two went by and I finally got a reply from the numerous emails I sent him. The engine was apparently dropped at the border and ruined. He said it was insured and as soon as he got a check he would wire my money to me. That was on June 18th. He still will not answer the phone or emails. I contracted a lawyer in Sherburne and a letter was sent to Ron Stefanuk with no response.
That means we are going to court in the future. He is a member of the SVTOA a ford performance club and is the Ontario chapter Tech Director.
John

Last edited by double ugly; 07-31-2007 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch build......a little every day.
Not Ranked     

So, things are about to get ugly...ugly. Sorry to hear these troubles as I do plenty of ebaying. Any recourse through ebay or credit card company?
Never bought anything big out of the States.
Any ClubCobra members up around them parts of Canada?
Dave
Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

I put a thread on the general cobra forum looking for someone to do a drive by to see if he was in fact at his residence and to talk to him face to face.
I paid by wire transfer bank to bank. No ebay wouldn't do anything other than email the guy. Live and learn.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgecko
So, things are about to get ugly...ugly. Sorry to hear these troubles as I do plenty of ebaying. Any recourse through ebay or credit card company?
Never bought anything big out of the States.
Any ClubCobra members up around them parts of Canada?
Dave
Hi, Shelbourne is about an hours drive from where I live. Got an address?
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 07-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

427SnakeSC
PM sent
Old 07-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4995, Keith Craft built 427 SO
Send a message via MSN to 427SnakeSC Send a message via Yahoo to 427SnakeSC
Not Ranked     

Got it, just answered.
"The 427 Cobra is easily the highest performance car ever sold for street use. A decent 427 - not the worst, not the best, will go from zero to 100 mph and back down again to zero in less than 14 seconds. All thing considered, you can put together a pretty good argument that the 427 Cobra is the ultimate performance car, judged on any basis you want to name." Taken from; Corvette, The Sensuous American
Old 07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     
Default Canadian courts

You are about to learn the difference between lawyers and barristers if the system is still the same as when I was in Canadian courts in 1999/2000. The lesson will be expensive. See if there is a system simular to mediation where a judge presides,but it is not court.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

427SnakeSC another PM sent.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBo
You are about to learn the difference between lawyers and barristers if the system is still the same as when I was in Canadian courts in 1999/2000. The lesson will be expensive. See if there is a system simular to mediation where a judge presides,but it is not court.
I talked to a Barrister and he said he can get a judgement in small claims court. The max is 10K. He did talk cost but didn't scare me. He mentioned about a $1,000.00 plus.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 10:01 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

John, I am sorry to hear of this mess.

PLease keep us informed as to what transpires.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Will do.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

Definately do small claims court, but be aware a judgement does not mean you get the money unless he has it or the court has a mechanism for getting it.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

He owns property. That was the basis for proceeding. He has my money and the insurance money.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Is this the same guy?

http://www.svtoa-toronto.ca/clubproject/index.html

Just doing some simple Google searches on the name and I'm getting hits that look like a car guy from Eastern Canada....

-Dean
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's another good one that has PHONE NUMBERS of people he associates with.

http://www.svtoa-toronto.ca/download...e-07summer.pdf

Use all of your resources!

-Dean
Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Man John, sorry to hear this.
All that 'sick family member' and 'I've been in the hospital' stuff is classic scam-talk. For that matter so is the dropped and ruined engine. I know of a guitar builder that told people he was in a car accident and had 7 new guitars destroyed. That plus his own hospital stay, his wife's (for another reason) and his father dying bought him months of good will from a long list of customers that had sent him money. All of it pure horse $#it of course.
Dirtbags!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta
Here's another good one that has PHONE NUMBERS of people he associates with.

http://www.svtoa-toronto.ca/download...e-07summer.pdf

Use all of your resources!

-Dean
Been there. I have pictures of him hosting a BBQ at his residence on July 14.

I
Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maricopa
Man John, sorry to hear this.
All that 'sick family member' and 'I've been in the hospital' stuff is classic scam-talk. For that matter so is the dropped and ruined engine. I know of a guitar builder that told people he was in a car accident and had 7 new guitars destroyed. That plus his own hospital stay, his wife's (for another reason) and his father dying bought him months of good will from a long list of customers that had sent him money. All of it pure horse $#it of course.
Dirtbags!
I go to bed at 10 PM and get up at 2 AM. I can't sleep. It's more than just the money. I've never been robbed/scammed before. I'm just a dumb Norwegian that grew up in North Dakota.
John
Old 07-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'd call some of those numbers on that second link and simply introduce yourself, apologize for the intrusion and that you are doing a business deal with Mr. "x" and you must contact him either by alternative phone or address. Maybe you get a personal address that way. Sometimes you have to cast a lot of lines before you hook a fish.

Worse thing that happens is that you embarrass this slime ball in front of all his "friends." A good friend of mine just got scammed on some vintage baseball cards from someone in the same area about 30 days ago....to the tune of $6,500.

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 07-31-2007 at 01:27 PM..
Old 07-31-2007, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

From gallery on www.svtoa-toronto.ca

Pictures of a guy named "Ron" from svtoa: Was it one of these guys?

[IMG]C:\Data\My Pictures\one of these guys.jpg[/IMG]

"You're kidding, right?"