17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to hendrix427
Not Ranked     
Default Large cast iron Cobra Emblems

Several years ago, I bought two large cast iron Cobra emblems. They are about 8 inches in diameter, 3/16 inches thick and weigh 1 1/2 lbs apiece. It looks like the enamel or epoxy paint colors has been baked on. I'm trying to attach a picture but the file is too big. Anyone ever seen or heard of these before. It was a long time ago, but I remember the guy I bought them from was a little weird. Thanks, Hal
Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 742 / 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Was the guy from Texas? Did he try to sell you any Chili?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interesting Hal, to bad you can't reduce the pictures enough to post, I'd love to see them.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I'd like to see them as well. Maybe they were Dealer items, I never saw any at the local dealer when they were selling them..but some larger cities may have had something like that to hang on the wall. Is there any type of insription/casting info on it?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to hendrix427
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies. There are no markings that I can see, however there are two threaded holes on the back for mounting. I will try and take a picture with lower resolution to see if that reduces the file. I travel a lot so I may not get it done for a bit. By the I fly to Texas tomorrow but I bought them from a guy that advertised them in the San Jose Mercury and met him just outside Los Gatos in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4083, NOS 427 SOHC, serial number 589. Dyno'd in 1967 at 629HP with single 4v 560 Holley. Now with 4 Webers.
Not Ranked     

Here is the link to the forum that tells you how to reduce the photo file size:

Tips on Picture Uploads and Image Sizes