Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > David Kee Toploader Transmissions Inc. Speak with David.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-30-2003, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Jerico 4 speed

Can the Jerico 4 speed be used on the street? What are the proes and cons? Seems like this would be the ultimate Cobra transmission. Bullet proof reliable (although pricey).

PS. Since it doesnt use Synchros, does it require a different technique?
Old 11-03-2003, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, it can be used on the street. But, it has a big window for engagement, so at part or off throttle it clunks a lot. I use the clutch on the street when shifting to smooth it out a bit. A tremec or toploader is much smoother. For acceleration, a slight lift off the throttle and it is in the next gear, no clutch needed. It shifts up or down better than any t5, tremec, doug nash, borg warner or top loader I have driven. It should last also. Scott
Old 11-03-2003, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Coyled
Can you down shift a Jerico without using a clutch?
Old 11-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

If I remember correctly the Jerico uses a 'dog' type of gear engagement so no clutch is ever really required (it helps on the start though!). All synchromess type boxes can be shifted without the clutch but it is very, very slow. The dog gear boxes you must match RPM. Lots of practice, but very satisfying. The hewlands I have driven where that way. Some of the faster shifters I have ever seen never touched the clutch on the track.

I am no tranny expert here so some one jump in!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 11-03-2003, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rdorman

Thanks for your reply. Since I'm right KB (below knee amputee) I use an artificial leg to get around. I can drive my manual shift FPSB but can't heel&toe. Need to brake first to bring the speed down and then down shift to lower gear when approaching corner/turn.
With a clutchless manual tranny I can left foot brake while simultaneous down shifting to a lower gear. I been left foot braking for the past 33yrs driving an automatic tranny.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By matching revs, do you mean heel&toe and blip the throttle. Or is there more involved. I'd love to go with a Jerico but is it worth it?
Old 11-04-2003, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You can left foot brake, slide it into neutrol, blip the throttle and down shift, no clutch. It will go into gear very easily as the window is large. On the track, I upshift with no clutch, slight lift off the throttle and its in the next gear. I do use the clutch on downshifts on the track, mostly because it downshifts so easily that I do not want to risk snatching the rear tires. I am also pretty used to heal and toeing, have never left foot braked, and the clutch use is better for transmission life. Go drive one before you buy it and you will see what I mean. Its awesome. Scott
Old 12-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Coyled, do you know if the TexRacing T101 and Jericho use interchangeable gears? I ask not to bust nuts, but thought you may know. Texracing website is meager at best. I bought a car that I comes with the T101, but may want to use Jerico if Jerico gears are not used in T101.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

For those that may need this in the future. The gears in a TexRacing T101 are completely different than what goes in a Jerico. Source of that info was TexRacing themselves.