14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2001, 11:54 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile 2002 Annual DSCC Meeting

EDIT - Dates have changed. Please see the other thread.

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited by excelguru; 08-15-2001 at 08:24 AM..
Old 08-14-2001, 11:55 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

HERE'S SOME PICTURES!!

Enjoy the pics.

Keith
Old 08-14-2001, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default STILL IN DIAPERS

OK GUYS. Now I'm starting to get the picture. My Unique FIA is 6-8 weeks out. I join the ClubCobra group of stary-eyed, "racing TOY" collecting adolescents from the ages of 16 to 60. How was I to know that you guys are all a bunch of snakes? My kind of people, exactly! So, now I know why Bill Parham was asking me so me so many questions about what kind of engine I wanted him to build for my FIA. After reading the threads about his involvement with DSCC future gatherings, where in the pack does he intend to put me, with all the racing snakes? Let's see- would my FIA run in the front of the pack, just a nose in front of his ride? Or will I be watching the view from the rear of two dozen sets of tail lights? So how about it Bill? Do I need to renegotiate my power plant? Seriously, glad to see that it's such a small world when it comes to the involvement of the folks making the puzzle pieces fit together so well. Why hell, in the company of snakes like you folks, I think I'll shed my diapers, put on a pair of ragged jeans and start to do my homework. Forget learning to crawl with my new FIA. I got to learn to slither!!
Regards,

FIAFRED
Old 08-14-2001, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Default EASTER??????????????????????????

Everything you posted is great, for our next annual outting except having it on EASTER weekend. I wanted everyone to attend and a holidayday weekend of EASTER I think is bad.

Dan
Old 08-14-2001, 07:17 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2681K, 302 w/goodies
Not Ranked     
Talking

Here comes Peter Cottontail jumping down the Cobra trail, hippity hop...gulp....Easter's gone away. Count me in! Don't get me wrong, I am Catholic, but dates are hard to come by.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not Catholic either but it was the first thing my wife said, it's on Easter weekend. There are 52 weeks in a year and 52 weekends. In March of 2002 the only other celebration is March 17th which is St. Patrick's day. In April 2002 there is only April 7th which is the start of daylight savings time. In march and April I only see one bad date and it's the weekend that was picked , sorry. If everyone wants to keep it Easter weekend I'm in, but I think any other weekend would be better.

Dan
Old 08-15-2001, 05:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan--

You are absolutely correct, we need to re-think this date.

Keith, Jerry, any ideas??

FIAFRED-- Congratulations on your choice of rides. We need more FIA's out there. Medium blocks in a small block car seem to work quite well, just ask Joe Traut. I'm sticking with my new small block, but it was a hard decision with Bill Parham pushing hard for a 351 stroker--ask him about his new 426 Windsor.

Rick
Old 08-15-2001, 05:21 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

@$!&*^%$@#%$!!!!!

52 weekends in a year and we happened to pick Easter. Son of a...

Well, I can assure you that it will not happen on Easter. I will contact the other members involved and we will pick a different date. My apologies for the oversight. I will edit the date shown above after I post this message.

Keith
Old 08-15-2001, 05:55 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2681K, 302 w/goodies
Not Ranked     
Default Reminder

Don't forget the the NASCAR race at Talladega is April 6-7. I know a lot of Cobra owners in the Deep South attend this event.
Old 08-15-2001, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We already had a long discussion on picking a weekend. March might be to cold but you have 4 good weekends in April. Since Southern Automotive is involed, let him pick the weekend in April. I don't want to spend anymore time picking a date. I want it to be all 3 days so our entire club will attend from all 8 states. I have an all day trip my self and 700 miles to travel to the Atlanta area, but I will be there. PICK A DATE.

Dan

3 good weekends, sorry Lee your right we eliminated April 5-6-7.

PICK A WEEKEND- April 12-13-14, 19-20-21, or 26-27-28.

Last edited by CobraDan; 08-15-2001 at 06:02 AM..
Old 08-15-2001, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default THANKS RICK

Dear Rick
Thanks for the vote of confidence on my FIA. As for me selecting a medium block for my FIA, I really am going to stay with this choice. I was just putting out some "snake bait" for Bill to try and guilt him into throwing an extra bone or "stroke",as the case my be, into my power plant as a gesture of goodwill to a fellow snake in the grass. Are you feeeling funky yet Bill?! In reality what I want, is an engine that starts ever time, runs well within it comfort zone, and keeps on keeping on! From everything I have looked into, the 351w, with Bill's gentle massaging, should let me have it all. However, like Forest Gump said "I"M NOT A VERY SMART MAN, COBRA ENGINES ARE LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES, YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS YOUR GONNA GET"!!!

Regards,

Fred