28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2001, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Since not one person that has responded to this post lives in the Atlanta area I was wondering who is going to set up a motel for our event. It would be nice if Brian would get back on and tell us about all those motels he lined up. He has to stop taking that Trans Am to the drag strip. We have less than 8 months of planning and we need all of it to do this thing right. Where can I call and put in my reservation for this weekend?? It has to be posted in our web site and also on the other forum. Come on guys lets get moving on this thing now.

Dan
Old 09-04-2001, 07:32 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile Hotel Information...

Here's the hotel information, folks:

The Holiday Inn in McDonough (Click on name for link to website.)
Ph: (770) 957-5291

Just mention that you're with "The Cobra Club" and mention the dates to get a rate of $59 plus tax. I currently have 25 rooms reserved at this rate and more rooms can be added pretty easily at this point.

I literally just got off the phone with them, so if you call this morning (9/4), they may not have it set up in the computer yet (I don't know how fast they are at these things).

IMPORTANT NOTE
On the hotel's website, the map and driving directions may indicate that the hotel is on the East side of I-75. This is not correct. The hotel is located on the WEST side of I-75. They're attempting to get their website map corrected.

Keith

Last edited by excelguru; 09-04-2001 at 07:39 AM..
Old 09-04-2001, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Make your reservations now

Keith,
Thanks for getting on this, with offical dates and a place to stay I can't wait. I hope they have a large parking lot because of all the trailers being towed. We had 10 cars and 28 people at our first outting and now with 3 1/2 times more members and a dry weekend, well, who knows. I would like to meet every DSCC member in person in April 2002.
Dan
Old 09-04-2001, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     

Good going Keith. They were supposed to call me when they had the NASCAR schedule set, but I didn't hear from them. I have all the stuff from the hotel catering Mgr. here. We will talk about it on the phone.

There is plenty of room for trailers next door to the hotel (their property) but Southern Automotive is hiring off duty police for security at their shop lot. We can leave the Cobras there or park them at the hotel next to our rooms.

Old 09-06-2001, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I,m registered

Well, I made my reservations for 4 nights and will be staying from thursday evening through Monday morning. If anyone else comes in on April 11, I will be at the Regency dining room for dinner or the Regency lounge before dinner, who's buying?
I'm hopeing that we will have a full day planned for all 3 days. They only have 100 rooms, I hope there is another Motel close bye. I think we need a place to register, so we know who will be at our second annual event.

Dan & Jean
Old 09-06-2001, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five W/ R block Stroker, Twin Turbos.
Not Ranked     

Made my reservations Weds. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Mike
Old 09-06-2001, 08:18 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2681K, 302 w/goodies
Not Ranked     

I'm in. Will arrive about noon on Friday and leave on Monday.
Old 09-10-2001, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Event sounds great. My opinion for what it's worth. Most guys wouldn't do wheel to wheel racing (and insurance would not allow it) but if you were to set-up an autocross I'll be everyone would love to bomb through that! If there is a road-track nearby, if you did a timed course event (like DSCC is doing at Gainsville next month) or a 'non racing' event at a track (like Mid America does) you could probably get onto a roadcourse without huge insurance costs. I'd like to see more catagories in the show as well (depending on number of cars of course). If an original shows up, well it doesn't much matter how nice the replicas are, I'll vote for that even if I could vote for my car! Drag racing would be a blast. Any chance of guest speakers or clinics that people would be willing to host? Poker run sounds awesome - we did one down here in Jupiter Florida - only 25 miles or so but having 20+ Cobras in a row is fun to watch and a blast to be a part of. They video'd the one here and I know everyone wants a copy (professional videographer).
Just thought I'd give feedback as you requested!

Cheers,
Tom
Old 09-10-2001, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hi Guys. I'm looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone in April, although I will not have a Cobra yet. I live about 40 minutes north of Southern Automotive and will be driving in on Saturday to meet everyone and check out all the Cobras, as well as Southern Automotive, since I'm leaning toward them to build my engine and trans.

As I have offered before, let me know if I can help in any way with arranging anything. I have lived around the Atlanta area for my whole life (all 31 years of it) and my first (legal) drag race was at the Dallas drag strip you mentioned earlier.

With my birthday being on April 13th this may be the best present I get all day.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

David
Old 09-10-2001, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Count me in,my Hunter should be ready by then. chuck
Old 09-14-2001, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 S/C 351W stroked to 396, by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

I called the hotel yesterday, as soon as I said the dates the girl new what I was there for, no problems with the dates. Of course my group looked at me a little strange when I told them I needed vacation April 12,13, & 14th, next year, we hardly plan 2 weeks in advance let alone 6 months in the future.

Mike
Old 09-21-2001, 05:23 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Just wanted to keep this thread on top of th pile and remind people to book those rooms!!!

And when you book, please take a sec to post here and let me (us) know.

Keith
Old 09-21-2001, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stop procastinating and get signed up, we only had 25 rooms reserved. As of now we would have no trouble getting all 100 rooms in the Motel. Please do this now so Keith can stay on top of this thing. If you sign up now and have to cancel later it will be better than waiting and finding out there are no more rooms. Make sure you come back here to let us know so we can keep track.

Dan
Old 09-26-2001, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Since I live in McDonough, I thought I would pass on checking into hotel but will offer my services for anything I can do to help. Could park a couple of trailers at my place - about 10 miles from town and could park a few cars in driveway as well. Best way to reach me is via e-mail (wdgoldsmith@aol.com)
Old 09-26-2001, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Keith "excelguru" McFarland
I made my reservation today. If you are a priority club member you can get points for this.

Ruble
Old 09-26-2001, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Reserve your rooms now

With reading all 3 pages of this post we have had only 14 members that have responded. Only 12 rooms are needed with 2 members living in the area, but not everyone indicated that they made reservations including me. I reserved a room for 4 nights, arriving on Thursday evening, anyone for dinner? Thanks for the invite on parking WD. Are we down to only one Cobra? I wanted to meet the family with a Cobra for himself and his wife. Come on guys lets get our reservation in so we know how many people will attend this event. With over 180 members a Motel with 100 rooms should be completely booked by the DSCC.

Dan
Old 09-26-2001, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Southern Automotive "Super FE" - 452ci FE390 Monster!
Send a message via Yahoo to patrija
Not Ranked     
Talking

I live just north of Atlanta in Duluth, so I'll be driving in for the April festivities. I can't wait for delivery of my Cobra and to meet everyone at Parham's Place!

jason
Old 09-26-2001, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Farm near I-20 about halfway between Birmingham AL and Atlanta GA,
Not Ranked     
Default Meeting 4/12-4/14/02

Thanks for the info, we have made reservations. Our Cobra is now being painted, we look forward to its first our second DSCC meeting.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:18 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

There we go... now the ball's rollin'...

There were still 19 rooms available as of five minutes ago, so you out-of-town folks need to give the fine people at Holiday Inn a call. And don't forget to mention your Priority Club membership to earn points (as mentioned by aumoore above)!

Keith
Old 09-26-2001, 03:27 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2681K, 302 w/goodies
Not Ranked     

Made my reservations September 6th. See previous post for arrivla date.