Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2001, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era,427 genesis side oiler
Not Ranked     
Default pictures of lunch

Keith I know you took pictures, so where are they. Sorry I missed it . I was flying over some part of the country,(sucks to be me). I would have rather been with you guys. I want too see some pictures to compare my car to.

Jeff Neely
Old 11-19-2001, 06:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Hey Captain (and all who attended Saturday),

Nice to see you getting some stick time in something quicker than your Cobra! I have a few pics (2-3) I will post tomorrow. Lunch was delicious and the best bang for the buck I have had in some time. Congrats to all who showed, we had a great assembly of finished cars and builders in the making. Keith may be at MIA at Cobra Restorers knowing him--or entwined in a conversation with one of his many Georgia relatives

We need to do some driving at the next one now that we have adequately gawked at each of our cars it's time to blow people's minds with a Cobra parade.

Here is how I spent my Sunday Way to much fun for a weekend. Explored the 80% limit of the 930S

Last edited by ToyCollector; 11-19-2001 at 06:10 PM..
Old 11-19-2001, 06:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let's head to the mountains or foothills next time!

Pelican Board pics

Last edited by ToyCollector; 11-19-2001 at 06:18 PM..
Old 11-20-2001, 07:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Only took two pics cause memory card ran out of space. Sorry.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's me behind the camera
Old 11-20-2001, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was a great time and I agree the next time we should meet for a quick meal and then do some serious crusing in the Georgia countryside! Once again Keith insured that we had absolutely beautiful weather!! Thanks again Keith for getting the ball rolling! With the way you handle weather we could be meeting every month! Mike - thanks for posting the pictures!
Old 11-21-2001, 11:17 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hi guys!

Sorry for being MIA. I'm on vacation this week and my family is not quite on the cutting edge of technology the way I usually am, so my internet access is somewhat limited until I can get back to my SC home.

Jeff, I did indeed make some pictures, but not with the digital camera the way I normally do. I did however get some of my pics scanned and will be scanning the rest of them ASAP. I'll load them up as soon as I get a chance. I'm expecting to find some time either Friday or Saturday. Why does it seem like my vacations are busier than my normal work weeks? What's up with that? I thought I was suppose to relax on my vacations?

It was great to see everyone again and to meet a few new folks as well. I'm starting to set a dangerous precedent with this whole weather thing. You guys will start expect weather like this every time.

Well, gotta run for now (doing more work to help clean my in-laws' property). Talk to you guys later. Everyone have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Keith
Old 11-21-2001, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Keith,

If you can bring good weather I'm glad we put you in charge of our second annual outting, the first was very wet. Cobras need dry weather.

Dan
Old 11-22-2001, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby
Not Ranked     
Post 11/17 get together

Keith,
Good to meet you and the guys, thanks for getting everyone together and for the great weather! Best real Mexican food I have had in a while. I agree with Toy, the next time we meet, we need to be making some noise, maybe up in the mountains. Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving.

Dave C
Old 11-22-2001, 10:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Toycollector,
One question, why are the PORSCHE in front !!! NOT good
Mike
________
buying vaporizer

Last edited by Ibr8k4vetts; 01-19-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-24-2001, 02:55 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay, here we go with the pics... please excuse the poor photo/scan quality. It's hard to fly with eagles when... oh, you know what I mean. Anyway, here goes...

The first pic is Tim's (tim's) Everett-Morrison (sp?). It has a 351-C and the paint job is simply awesome. I'm sorry that the poor picture doesn't do proper justice to the paint. My cousin, Adam, picked this one as his favorite of the bunch.

More pics to follow...

Last edited by excelguru; 11-24-2001 at 03:00 PM..
Old 11-24-2001, 03:00 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The next pic is undoubtedly the worst picture on the roll. I'm REALLY sorry about the dark image. Somewhere in the darkness below is David's (skeeter's) ERA. It's a beautiful blue 289 FIA-bodied car with a (gasp) aluminum-block 427 Shelby engine. This car was a real beauty, not that you can tell by the poor picture.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:03 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is Chip Bering's (chip's) Unique. It has a 428 with a single four and undercar exhaust. His was the only car present with undercar exhaust. It's believed to be a former Budweiser display car. Once again, sorry about the poor photo quality.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:10 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last month, Chip and Jason were both unable to bring their Cobras. Luckily for everyone, they were both able to bring their cars this month. This is Jason's (patrija's) Unique. It has a 406 with a single four. Jason was nice enough to give rides to my 13-year-old cousin (Adam), my wife (Elizabeth), and me. I know my cousin had a blast and he'll probably be bragging at school for months.

Upon returning from her first-ever ride in a Cobra, Elizabeth said (insert "suspense" drumroll here), "That was a lot of fun!"

YES!!!

I owe you Jason... big time. Thanks for not scaring her!

Still more pics to come...
Old 11-24-2001, 03:13 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WD (WD Goldsmith) and his wife Donna made the trip from McDonough in their 351 Windsor-powered SPF. It was cleaned and detailed to perfection, I noticed.

Last edited by excelguru; 11-24-2001 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-24-2001, 03:16 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And last but certainly not least, here's Mike's (Toy Collector's) 484 stroker-powered SPF. I must say, this car sounds distinctly different than any of the other cars. He gave a few joy rides as well.

Clint Eastwood: "This is the AK-47. You will notice that it makes a distinct sound when fired at you."
Old 11-24-2001, 03:28 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

And my final wrap-up...

It was once again my pleasure to see everyone and to make a few new acquaintences as well. In addition to the owners of the cars pictured above, the following people also attended the gathering:

Chad and his wife Valerie (Are you DSCC members yet? Please email me.)
David Smith (dave 24)
Randy Hindrix (I know you're not a DSCC member yet, so email me also.)

Randy owns a Unique but it's currently for sale in Unique's showroom in Alabama, so he couldn't bring it. If you're looking to buy a NICE used Cobra, go here and scroll down to the Unique 427 S/C that's painted light blue Sikkens metallic.

Did I miss anyone? I'm sure I did. I agree that the next gathering needs to include some driving time. The mountains would be quite nice. I'm gonna be busy as ever next month, since I have my 7th anniversary on the 17th and of course, Christmas. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Keith "warm weather" McFarland

Last edited by excelguru; 11-24-2001 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-24-2001, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: one day, FFR
Not Ranked     

Just wanted to thank everyone that attended for treating a non cobra owner like one of the family! And thanks to tim and jason for the rides. Your car totally convinced my wife to let me build one! Me and valorie had a great time. thanks for having us!

Chad
Old 11-26-2001, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Just wanted to say hi to everyone at the lunch. Thanks again to Keith for getting everyone together and for the great weather. I can't wait to see if Jennifer (my fiance') reacts to a ride in a Cobra the same way Elizabeth did. I'll make sure her first ride is not with Mike in his rocket machine. Thanks for the ride Mike.

Can't wait to do it again.
David
Old 11-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike ( Ibr8k4vetts),

Well, the photo was taken in a '88 Porsche (not a Cobra) and I had VOLUNTARILY let them pass on the return run so someone else could lead. My arms were wiped out from leaving them in the dust on the first run. I was sawing the manual steering back and forth about 200 times on a great serpentine road we were on. Not to mention I almost mucked my shorts when the front wheels locked up about 20 feet from the edge of an embankment as I squeezed the brakes a little too deep. Tough life, but someone has to do it