14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 03:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default Atlanta Historic Races--Spyderman

Well Skeeter (DC) and I braved the weather and had a good time at the Historics today. Met up with JW and watched qualifying and qualifying races. Highlight was seeing a guy in an older Lola open wheel racer pass a late model Indy Light car at turn 9 offline, in the sopping wet, on the inside twice at speeds that most light planes don't even reach. JW would know better than me, but that is a 140 mph or so corner for those guys. Big Big Cajones or however you spell BIG round ones!!

We also got to meet Spyderman who was burping up a storm from the beers he just had (after his races were over of course). He was squirting some ladies with a hose and trying to start a wet T-Shirt contest. What a riot!! I told him I missed jiving with him on DSCC, and he is complaining that he can't get onto DSCC boards here. Keith, what gives? Did you do something? He is an unbelieveable racer and holds the highest class HSRA license they have (see photo of it in Spyderman's hands). I must say he can hold things together on a car with racer duct tape that I would not have imagined. The guys in tech inspection start crying when he shows up. He runs the best low budget vintage setup I have seen. He just got a new sponsor (Durex Condoms of all things) and he has saved some money since selling the Pinto and was haggling to buy a vintage Cobra which I will post below this. I really hope he get's it, cause it will be a blast to have him as a member of DSCC, and then I can hang with his Pit Crew!! Go Spyderman, join the fray!!!

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-14-2002 at 03:59 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 03:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pic must have been too big, try again
Attached Images

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-14-2002 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spyderman, is it yours now?
Attached Images

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-14-2002 at 03:58 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Maybe I should be weatherman!

From yesterday's post on this event

Rain will likely be the on-off variety switching to all-on late Saturday PM, early evening. The pros have medium confidence even for tomorrow's forecast."
Old 09-14-2002, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Old car with 6 banger
Not Ranked     
Default Let him back in!!

Just look at Spyderman's picture. Its reads Vintage Racer all over! He has to be one of the best drivers out there. I thought JW was going to let him drive one of his cars until Spyderman started that wet T shirt thing with some of the track ladies and his pit crew . Anyway, the guy is just having fun, and he may be buying a Cobra or some other Ford related product, so lets welcome him back in. What do ya say Keith?

Good time at the races today, may go back tomorrow to see the finals.

DC
Old 09-14-2002, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

whew, that's funny. Are you saying Kieth kicked spydee off the list, so I can say whatever I want and "joey Butafuco Jr." can't read it ? That was creepy when we were all in the trailer. He really invades your space. Spydeeman will try and get Kieth's clothes dirty if this is true, or even if he just thinks it is. Kieth, erase this thread before you let him back on. Spydee, just kidding, you are welcome here.
Skeeter,TC,to thank you for lunch.
Sheesh what a wet day.
Ted Wenz "Cajones"came and checked out my car and said he could fix it in 20 minutes........
I'm bushed, going to bed, but that was fun for a rainy day.

Last edited by Johan; 09-14-2002 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 07:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Based on what limited knowledge Spydee has of the internet (how he ever got on the internet after meeting him is beyond me). He says he can read posts (hahaha, just not log in). Maybe some other DSCC members have had the same problem? JW, calender clear for two weeks. Roebling is my guess?

MR. Wenz--please give him my highest regards. Whew!!

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-14-2002 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TC, at the party they handed Wenz the checkered flag and said that brute power again has embarrased technology, saving the face of vintage racers everywhere. i talked to him for quite some time, really nice fellow. Said turn nine was really slick, all three times he passed there. wow
Old 09-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JW, how fast do your think Dr. Wenz was in the flat out turn?
Old 09-14-2002, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

only 150-160 today, but 175-180 in the dry. ??? He does 195 going around Daytona ( the infield road course, 1/2 oval). I was impressed, especially since there was still remnants of neon left over from sppydee bottoming out.

Last edited by Johan; 09-14-2002 at 08:10 PM..
Old 09-14-2002, 08:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brute driving with brute power saved the day He probably drives a Cobra as his daily driver
Old 09-16-2002, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for being a man Kieth and letting me back on the list before things turned nasty.
Road Atlanta was fun. It rained a bit, but some people were brave enough to SHOW UP. Chipperwebtv guy, what happened to you guy ? You won't melt, get out there and participate. Quite being a bystander in life.
What a wet weekend. My clothes still stink like a mixture of beerfarts and race gas. Those chicks were loving it man. Ohhh beer is not allowed in the pits.... yea right. I bet I broke some hearts when I went home early Sunday. Never did clear up (my rash) and I just did not feel like putting on a wet driving suit. Thanks for the support guys and see you next time.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just red what you guys arre saying about me and too late for you to edit now because I have already seen it. Thanks and don't ask any favors of me anymore. I'm taking off the gloves. Dave Crace is the only one to aplogise and that is fine of that man to say he was wrong but TC the high and mighty rich boy playing with his toys all day in his ivory tower should not talk bad behind my back. JW I know you were kidding but look what you started.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spyderman,

Other than the fact that you are now able to post (which I was trying to do you a favor with my original post) and I did stretch the duct tape thing (a little not much though, but I do extend my apologies on that )--which fact in the above do you wish to dispute? I tried to keep the vocabulary to about a 6th grade level so you could understand it all--need me to take it down a bit more? You have cooberated the beer indulgence, the fact that you smelled worse than my race suit before I washed it, which I was kind enough to not put in my post. Next time you need to pass gas, please do it outside of an enclosed trailer while it rains so hard we can't run for cover.

We have several women who are probably complaining to the authorities about the other antics you committed over the weekend. Don't ask me to testify on your behalf if that's the way you are going to be about it.

If anything I was trying to get you back on this board. I am not rich--I have no money anymore as it is all now in the vehicles that sit in my driveway--so there--take that.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:46 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I WAS there Sunday all day-never saw anybody I knew. came with ccoen and Gerald (new Unique owner).. Told them all the people we were going to meet! nada. WE were there (Sunday) where were the reat of y'all! chipperb.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ummm, we were there Saturday--that may explain it.

Could you smell Spyderman when you up there Sunday?
Old 09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chip[, you did not see me causde I spoted you foist. Actually, I do not know what you look like but I bet you looked silly sitting in the rain with JW waiting for a race to startprobably giving driving lessons.
TC, what gives. A guy does a little pooty in the trailer and you make a federal case of it. A lot of it was my socks anyways. you cantnot wash those or they lose their fire retardancy, and speaking of that retardancy subject, Kieth needs to bring his 98 pound self around in person for the next event.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chip,
Sorry you didn't get the memo. Saturday was the scheduled race day. Sunday was set aside for rain and beer

TC what have we done? But now that Spyderman is back in the good graces of the DSCC, we should make him program director or something for the next annual meet. Maybe he could do a seminar on track etiquette and pit crew selection.

Sypderman, you should change your moniker. What are u driving since you sold the yellow pinto? I heard rumors that you were looking for a 71 Vega GT at the track.

DC
Old 09-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JW--you got mail--the GT350 variety. Respond when you can.

Spydee was looking at that Chevy Monza as well that I pointed out to you--remember the one that was real radical? I think he is a FORD guy though. I can see him driving a pink Edsel, a green Granada, a red Maverick---you get the picture

Last edited by ToyCollector; 09-16-2002 at 06:52 PM..
Old 09-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Toy Collector.
Are you inquiring about a certain #146 car, hmmm? I tried to head back up to the races Sunday, just missed a huge pile up at spagetti junction, almost got rear ended etc. Decided to turn around and go home. Too much rain and too many stupid drivers on the road.