LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Sal,

What Robert said!

The track is like an autocross on steroids, 1.6 miles, laid out with tons of turns so you are learning how to corner, not going for top end. It is designed as a teaching track so it can be set up lots of different ways.

It is a choice place to safely try your skills, and improve them without contact with anything or anyone else. There are lots of guys there willing to share their skills by helping you learn car control.

The cars are run two at a time, 180 degrees apart, so you are not near another car during your runs.

You'll get as much track time as you want, usually, and it is a tremendous lot of fun!

Tom
Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA; 331 stroker; TKO 600:3.54 Rear
Not Ranked     

Sal. I took my Unique FIA to the 2005 Roundup. There was a "high performance driving school" one day and Open Track the next. The most fun I've ever had in a car. The track layout that day was 8 curves and 3 straights. Each driver ran to their own liking. We were grouped into "rookie" and "wild man" categories. Also did a skid pad. I would be going this year as well but my new car did not get finished. Hopefully in December. Rickd.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR Hell Red/Black Stripe 342R
Not Ranked     

Sal, I just came back from my first event at Gainesville and I am hooked. You will too, I promise. The guys in the club are just outstanding, the event is very well organized and we had so much track time. Special thanks is owed to Ed and Larry as they work very hard behind the scenes to make sure the event goes off perfectly. I am signed up for the Friday track day. Hope to see you there. From your post I will tell you that there is nothing like taking a corner at speed in the cobra. You would never do it on the street. It's a total blast!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Thank you for registering for your Roundup events.

We believe there may have been some confusion during this year’s registration process as many of you have signed up for the car show but did not purchase a lunch buffet. A few of the registrations included a (single) buffet lunch AND an additional Silver Springs admission but did not include an additional lunch for your guest. Some have lunch but no car show. Please take a moment and look at your receipt and verify it includes all the items you want or need. We also noticed that several of our members are not taking advantage of the low cost lunches available during the track events. Lunches are not being offered during the Touring Rallies as both rally events have a scheduled lunch stop in their routing.

If you have made a mistake with your order, it is imperative that you contact us immediately to correct any errors in your order. BUFFET LUNCH AND BANQUET DINNER ORDERS MUST BE RESOLVED BEFORE 3:00pm ON NOVEMBER 9th

We ask that you review the schedule of events in the last Newsletter prior to departing for your event(s). Copies of the event schedule will be available at the hotel front desk at check-in.

Please pick up your pre-ordered items/welcome packet before the start of your first event.

Touring Rally participants will have their packets available for pickup in the Target Parking lot (touring rally staging area) from 8:00am ~ 8:30am on Thursday and Friday.
Track event participants may pick up their packets at the track marshals trailer from 7:30am ~ 8:15 on Thursday and Friday.

Car Show participants will pick up their packets in the North parking lot (car show entry staging area) beginning at 8:30am Saturday morning. PACKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP DURING THE MEET AND GREET PARTY.

Track and Rally attendees are reminded to review the rules and regulations on the Reptile Roundup page at http://www.dscc.us/roundup.php

We want to ensure you have the proper car and personal equipment to participate in your events before leaving home.

We hope you have a safe trip up to the Reptile Roundup. We look forward to meeting our new members and renewing old friendships.

DSCC

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII 306 carb
Not Ranked     

I had a great time at your track event on Friday. It was nice to meet some of you guys from other parts of the state and look forward to participating in future events.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 559. 410 Stroker 72 block AFR205 Heads, Solid roller lifters, Comp Cams XR286, Eagle 4" stroke internally balanced with chevy journals, Oliver rods, Probe Forged pistons, Mighty Demon, Super Victor, MSD Digital 6.....
Not Ranked     

I had a GREAT time too and was quite inpressed with both my and my cars ability for our first event. Now, we just need to get those who took pictures to post them...

Thanks to all....
TKO 600 .82 OD (Road Race)
HP= Enough!!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII 306 carb
Not Ranked     

Here are a few. I also have Tom's spin out from Wednesday night and the drags.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=TomsSpin.flv