28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2001, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I don't care when how or why, just don't come away from this meeting without a date for our second annual meeting in Atlanta.

Dan
Old 08-03-2001, 08:00 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile

Dan
Don't worry. We'll pick a date even if we have to throw darts to pick it (Lord help us if I'm throwing).

Mike
Yea it's the drive back that concerns me. I could take the 14th off as well, but my wife can't, so you know what THAT means . As long as I can get back by sometime before 11:00 PM, I'll be happy. Hot wings sound good. Let's see what Jerry says.

How can anyone be expeted to work a day like this. Man, it's gorgeous outside. I think I'll torch the roof off my Honda.

Keith
Old 08-03-2001, 08:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

It is a gorgeous day. My lunch will entail driving up to Cumming in the Cobra so I can watch myself become $500 poorer. I need a high torque starter for my Harley. Another Saturday spent getting my hands all greeeezy

I'm going broke slowly, but enjoying every minute of it
Old 08-09-2001, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
Default McDonough Meeting

A long lunch is OK by me. We will arrive at SA about 11 AM to drop the car off the trailer. We need a half hour to do that, then we can chat and go to lunch. Bill & Susan will probably join us. We can meet back at the SA showroom after lunch for as long as we want.

Trudy and I are looking forward to meeting both of you, Keith & Mike. We heard good things from Susan about you both.

Jerry

P.S. I understand Rick Brownyard will be there too, but I don't know when he is arriving. He is picking up his revived "hot rod" 289.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:44 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up That works!

Jerry,

Excellent! Maybe Rick can join us, if his schedule allows it. I called Mike yesterday and left him a voicemail message. My wife (Elizabeth, the "Nylon carpet guru") will be with me. She and Trudy can get together and complain about our obsessions with cars.

We'll probably be at SA sometime around 11-ish. I usually make a point of maintaining a relaxed schedule when I'm on vacation. Otherwise, it seems too much like work!

We look forward to meeting all of you.

Keith

EDIT: Just got an email from Mike. He should be there around 12-ish. I told him that would be just fine.

Last edited by excelguru; 08-09-2001 at 08:51 AM..
Old 08-09-2001, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wish I could join up with you guys but my engine is running just fine.

Dan
Old 08-09-2001, 10:30 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CobraDan,

Just swap a couple of plug wires... "It ain't runnin' right, honey. I better take it to Bill and have it checked out pronto!"... five miles from the house, correct the plug wires and enjoy the trip!

Keith
Old 08-09-2001, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does Southern Auto do Chevy engines?

Dan
Old 08-09-2001, 12:07 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, but they could help you "see the light".
Old 08-09-2001, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith, Jerry et. al.--

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you on Monday. I'm driving over to Atlanta on Sunday so that I can visit the huge offshore angling department at BassPro Shop. I took delivery of my new Glacier Bay 2670 power catamaran today and I'm ready to head offshore with it---just need a "few" more goodies in the tackle box!!

I'll be at SA about 9:30 AM on Monday to do the shakedown on old number 86 and if all goes well, will put it on the trailer after lunch with you gents. See you soon.

Rick
Old 08-09-2001, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Bandit Send a message via Yahoo to Bandit
Not Ranked     
Cool

Hey guys... Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life got pretty busy there for a while.

I personally think March or April would be fine for an event. April would probably be warmer for the women folk, but March shouldn't be a problem either.

South side of atlanta would be nice. For those interested, we could easily make a quick hop down to Reynolds, GA for some runs at Silver Dollar Raceway (1/4) on Friday or Saturday.

Anyways, it's good to be back online here.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

hello all,
my family and I will be moving to SC. this winter and I wold like to know if there is a club there
or the closest one available. thanks
Old 08-10-2001, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Joe,

Your in luck the Deep South Cobra Club extends into the Carolinas. Just contact me and I will sign you up.

Vice President of The Deep South Cobra Club, Dan
dwulff@swfla.rr.com
Old 08-10-2001, 08:25 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Rick
That's great! I look forward to meeting you as well! Looks like there's gonna be a big party at Bill's place on Monday. I chatted with Chip Bering yesterday on the phone (owns a Unique, works in Atlanta, lives in Decatur) who says he might also be able to run down there at lunch on Monday and at least say hello to everyone.

Joe
I got your email this morning. Please see my response via email. Welcome aboard the DSCC!

Bandit
Welcome back! Silver Dollar Raceway is another good idea. So many good ideas, so few days in a weekend...

Everyone
I look forward to meeting you all at Bill's on Monday. I'll try my best to "acquire" the digital camera from work, so I can post some pics for those who can't make it. It also make videos (mpeg format) as well, so perhaps I can make some short movies! Everybody drive carefully!

Keith
Old 08-10-2001, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith--

I'll bring my digital as backup. see you therre.

Rick
Old 08-14-2001, 06:15 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Everyone,

Yesterday, several hooligans were spotted goofing off at Southern Automotive in McDonough, GA on a day when more responsible people would've been working. These overgrown children were also seen gourging themselves at a local barbecue restaurant. Later in the day, a couple of these bandits were reportedly testing some 0-60 times and rear-wheel horsepower numbers on nearby streets with a G-Tech Pro performance analyzer and a 406-equipped Unique, although no admissible evidence has been presented to this affect.

In all seriousness, the following was discussed and/or determined for the 2002 Anuual DSCC Meeting:

I was appointed as the "pivot man" for organizing the event (now how did THAT happen? ).

The dates will be Friday, March 29th through Sunday, March 31st!

In the upcoming weeks, Rick Brownyard and Bill Parham will be speaking with some of their contacts about a possible SAAC event or nearby track activities (Atlanta International Raceway, Road Atlanta, drag strips, etc.) to be held on either Friday or Sunday. We are making no promises at this point. Obviously safety, liability, cost, and insurance concerns are very important. We will keep everyone informed as more information is available.

Mike Geng (Toy Collector) will contact the Atlanta Journal & Constitution (AJC) about covering the event. (The AJC prints a "Wheels" section each week to cover events such as this.) This could provide some excellent publicity for Southern Automotive, the DSCC, Club Cobra, and the whole Cobra hobby in general!

The agenda is obviously tentative at this point, but the following ideas are pretty close to certain:

Show & Shine - This would be held on Saturday morning. Everyone (members and visitors alike) would vote for "The car that I would most like to drive home". This prize would be awarded in two categories: 427-bodied car and 289-bodied car (uninformed visitors could be tipped off about the body styles by using color-coded envelopes and voting slips). Each car owner would be required to vote and would not be allowed to vote for his or her own car. The exact prizes are still being discussed, but some of the possible prizes sounded pretty nice! I'll leave it at that.

Barbecue - Bill will cater BB-Q for DSCC members (name tags will be provided for identification). By the way, "correct" barbecue sauce is red, not yellow.

Poker Run - This would take place on Saturday afternoon and would encompass a 50+ mile drive on quiet (but not for long) two-lane roads. Various stops will allow you to:

1. Regain your hearing.
2. Stretch your legs.
3. Explain your way out of a sound ordinance violation.
4. Pick a playing card from a jar.

The best poker hand at the end wins a prize (of course).

DSCC Meeting and Dinner - This would take place on Saturday evening/night at a local restaurant.

Security - Bill Parham will arrange for a patrol car and officer to be on-site at Southern Automotive during the night for those wishing to leave their vehicles at the shop.

Possible Track Events - Nothing, I repeat, nothing is concrete on this issue. Liabilities abound here (dang lawyers). I will keep you informed as more information becomes available.

We are obviously open to additional ideas and opinions. Please let me know. I made a few pictures yesterday. I will upload them in a moment or two.

Regards,

Keith "excelguru" McFarland
Old 08-14-2001, 06:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the post

Keith, great summary and post. Other members, please give us your feedback--this is your event and we want your input.

Keith & company, please let me know what else I can do on this.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:20 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Pictures

HERE'S SOME PICTURES!!

I have a few more pictures of engines and such, but I'm having some problems getting them to upload. I'll update you when I get them fixed. For now, enjoy the pics.

I also made a small (read: short) video of Rick Brownyard driving away in his Cobra. I'll post it when I figure out how to attach an MPEG. Hmm... looks like I can zip it... hmm...

Keith

[Edit - I uploaded the additional images to the ClubPhoto site. The zipped movie is still too large to post. I'm still looking into that one.]

Last edited by excelguru; 08-14-2001 at 07:45 AM..
Old 08-14-2001, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Sounds Good!

I look forward to meeting everyone next year, if not sooner, sounds like it will be alot of fun even though I will not have my cobra by then.

Again, if I can help in any way, let me know.

David
Old 08-14-2001, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I waited all this time to get a date for our next annual outting and you guys picked Good Friday March 29th through Easter on the 31st. of March. I really don't think that was a great choice as a weekend, didn't anyone have a calandar with them. We will loose a lot of people when a holiday weekend is chosen, such as Easter.

Dan