Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2001, 10:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default An Update!

Now that the pictures are working again, I thought I would show off the current state of #593.

What do you guys think? Does it look like a car finally?

TURK
Old 08-03-2001, 04:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That car looks great! I've got a poster of good old #12 in my kitchen. I drool over it every day. That was the car that you used for your paint/stripes model, right?
Old 08-03-2001, 04:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Have you test-driven it yet? Or do you just throw in the seat and go vrooom, VROOOOM yourself?

And get the carpeting in this weekend! I'm going to e-mail you twice a day until it's finished. What goes around, comes around...

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 08-03-2001, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC # 571, 472 Shelby aluminum "stroker " CSX # 299 from Gessford, 48 IDA Weber carburetors from Jim Inglese
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Turk

Congratulations to your wonderful ERA, she's marvelous. Please show more pictures !

Have a nice weekend

Walter Kreuchi
Old 08-03-2001, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk

The car looks great but somethings missing (besides the interior and sidepipes).......I got it now. You need about three of New Englands famous "YELLOW BUG SPLATS"!!!

I'll run out and peel you off a couple I got at the Glen at about a buck fifty, should add the final authenticity to that beautiful RACE CAR paint.

Don
Old 08-03-2001, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold ERA #377-still own 6S2293 & 6S1773
Not Ranked     

Hey Turk

You have come a long way. This will be one of the cars everyone else will be comparing there car, or the car they want to build to.

I remember the beginings of your search and all the posts since then, and I have witnessed a very focused goal on a truely perfect car. Back when I started my car I was not as clear about what I wanted to end up with (street-SC-full comp).

All your hard work and time is coming to an end, and believe it or not you will miss the this part of the project.All the more reason to call our friends at ERA again for the next project.(sorry Bob)

Congrats. again on an awsome car.I look forward to seeing it and meeting you in person.

Drive safe-G
Old 08-03-2001, 07:50 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!

Awesome. Simply awesome.

I love the tires. They add to the correct "look". Even the tread appears period correct. Have you dropped the engine in yet?

Nice Harley, also.

Keith
Old 08-03-2001, 08:01 AM
BLACKJACK
Visit my Photo Gallery

Talking WAY TO GO!!!

HEY TURK,

LOOKIN' GOOD, BUDDY. REAL GOOD!!!

NEXT TIME - - CAN I RIDE WITH YOU?????

HAVE A GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK

PS: I WENT BY THE VIRGINIA ABC STORE THE OTHER DAY AND THEY HAD THREE BOTTLES OF RAKI AN THE SHELF. I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF - I GOT ALL THREE. HEY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED SOME CARB CLEANER - - OR SOMETHING TO GET THE BRAKE RESIDUE OFF OF THE WHEELS. ACTUALLY - THAT STUFF GETS TO BE HABIT FORMING. I HADN'T HAD ANY IN DECADES. IT SORT OF "GROWS ON YOU" OR "IN YOU".

KEEP IT BRIGHT & SHINEY,

BJ
Old 08-03-2001, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks!

Thanks guys,

She has not been out yet. She doesn't have all her "i's dotted, "t"s crossed. I will take a few more pictures or have a link to some additional pictures, when I am able to take her outdoors and get better photos.

Yes, she is confined to "vrooom-vroom" driving. I am taking a week of vacation time off next week to do marathon around the clock work on her and plan on finishing it off,

Bob P.
If you were a caring and loving type of a guy, you'd fly up here and give this owner of one of your cars a hand with the carpet? OTHERS have!

Gary Adams
That is very kind of you to say that.You are absolutely right about the journey being as much fun as the destination is.I will miss my friends at ERA and the support they provided during this long ordeal. Couldn't have done it without their help and their playful patience.

a427sc
They are going in next week. Now if all the ERA owners in the Northern California area would show up at my door and give me a hand, I could probably have her ready by Sunday!
150? Noooo! Mine came with a governor from the factory. They said I couldn't be trusted in anything over 56 mph.

cobra
Thanks, I am enclosing a few more photos.

Homewrecker
You are absolutely correct. It is the same car. The mirrors, the stripes, everything! When I am finished it will have the same style of numbers and number "12"plastered on it. I wanted to be able to hang that poster and then pretend that it IS the picture of my car. I wish to hear one of these days, from the owner of that car in the poster and thank him for the wonderful pattern he has provided.

TURK
Happy Camper

Last edited by Turk; 10-11-2001 at 11:35 PM..
Old 08-03-2001, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Turk:

It appears that you have the new super secret optional "fly by wire" carb linkage that Bob P. has been working on. Normally, Cheeks (a/k/a a427sc) is the test pilot for these new upgrades (most of which, for obvious reasons, never see the light of day)but I'm glad to see that they have finally found someone else...

After all, Cheeks has a wife and small children...

Mort MacTavish
Old 08-03-2001, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh My
Turk, your cobra is beautiful!! And with that engine, it should FLY. I am jealous! It was nice to have met you at the fling. There is a rocket factory not far from my house, maybe I could get you some of the wire they are guided by, you may need it!
GaryU
Old 08-03-2001, 12:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Your pictures have just made it into my screensaver. That engine looks awesome! Have you set the ride height yet? Is that the look you are going for. I know old number 12 (CSX3022?) sat a little high off the tires. Maybe it's the profile of the tires.

P.S. I have always liked the look of those Goodyears. Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-03-2001, 07:56 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: - Unique - 302 - 4 spd. -
Not Ranked     
Default Damn that's nice

Turk,
Looks too good to be real. I'm speechless
- Jim -
Old 08-03-2001, 08:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk,
Damn fine looking automobile, I think I'm going to get me one of them there cars. Steve
Old 08-03-2001, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Homewrecker
I am honored my picture ended up as a screen saver for you. Can Broadway, or Radio City Music Hall be far behind?
I won't settle until I end up during the half time ceremonies at Superbowl.

I would appreciate any and all the info you may have about CSX3022.
I have not touched any suspension components. It is just as it arrived from ERA as a roller.

Tires are Blue streak, non street legal, very sticky compound. The lettering took some additional touch up, and will remain so. I got them from Roger Krause Racing here in California.

Cobra20646
Jim, it is just a car! Take a deep breath and you'll be ok. Thanks, I do appreciate the compliments.

Steve Dickey
If you want one of them there cars, you better git going! Getting a car from ERA is like pulling teeth. Git it? I made a funny!! haha!

GaryUnc
Gary,
It was MY pleasure to meet you. I am afraid I will get to meet the local and not so local law enforcement folks in numbers very soon. Thank god I am starting with a clean slate, and have a few points to give. I may need some of those rocket wires after all.

Jim Holden
You are a two bit spy for Peter. I can't type in here without him knowing about it. How long have you been the eyes and ears for him? No wonder he won't get on the internet himself. he doesn't have to. He has you!!
You also have a very keen eye sight. You didn't miss the missing linkage! Good job!

TURK
Old 08-03-2001, 09:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk , I have just one thing to say about that bucket of bolts, tin, fiberglass and rubber.... SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! And a harley man to boot..

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage
Old 08-03-2001, 09:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk,
I don't get it. Thanks for the e-mail. Once again it is a work of art, you should be very proud.
Have fun and be careful, Steve
Old 08-03-2001, 10:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Turk,

Stop kidding around with those pictures. Take one of YOUR car and post it. I do not know how you took a picture of those scale models and made them look so real. Especially the engine!!

Now, go and get us the real pictures so we can see what the relief/rescue team will need to do to help finish the car. When is a good time for the rescue team to arrive to complete your car?? Or do you want Bob to come out to Cali and finish it for you?

If that is your real car, I think your wife has done a wonderful job. Give us a shot of the interior decorating when completed.
Old 08-04-2001, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     
Default Awesome!

Turk:

That is one beauuuuuuuutiful car.........After all these months we all feel like proud parents!

The "moment of truth" is approaching, so........

Enjoy the rest of your journey and be safe.

Jim
Old 08-05-2001, 06:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     

Hey TURK!

Lookin' GOOOD! Pretty awesum.

I noticed in the engine picture, you're missing a couple carburetors - looks like you only have two? What'sa matter you? The REAL men run with FOUR! When you gonna get over this macho "big-block" thing, and get down to business with an ERA FIA car?

Looks fantastic! Keep up the good work.

Regards,

cobrajeff