Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   "Real" ERA Badges (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/103814-real-era-badges.html)

Excaliber 04-06-2010 06:22 PM

"Real" ERA Badges

Yo Bob, you there??? :)

I've been considering which badges to use on my ERA to replace the exisiting "Cobra" badges. I was going to go with "AC", but then I got to thinking, "Why not genuine ERA badges"? Be proud of the car for what it is, a real ERA!

I'll need one for the steering wheel as well. How can I go about ordering or securing these? One for the front, rear and the original steering wheel center.
Ernie

Gunner 04-06-2010 07:34 PM

I could get behind that idea. Have such badges ever been made or made available?

OTOH, I have a full set of badges from a Ferrari 308 around here somewhere. I've thought about...

tkb289 04-06-2010 08:49 PM

We'll see what Bob has to say, but from what I gather the ERA 'branded' items that I am aware of are the following:

- ERA Clutch & Brake pedals
- ERA floor mats
- ERA rubber fender mats

Badges for the hood, trunk and steering wheel would be cool ... let's see what the options are. I would be interested as well.

strictlypersonl 04-07-2010 03:58 AM

As far as I know, we've never considered making a steering wheel center cap. I'll do a little research.
One of our customers designed (and possibly had made) front and rear deck emblems. Maybe he's reading this.

patrickt 04-07-2010 04:46 AM

If you end up making a batch, I'd like to buy one.

cscobra 04-07-2010 05:51 AM

I'd be interested also.

I guess you could say we are all proud of our ERAs.

Joy 04-07-2010 06:33 AM

I'd take them too.

wrogers55 04-07-2010 07:44 AM

Here's an option to have them made, a bit expensive but the quality is very good. A group order just might drive the price to something almost reasonable.

http://www.motorheadjewelry.com/

Got the Bug 04-07-2010 07:50 AM

Steve at Billet Badges also does them, but they're pricey. Custom side badges were about $100 a piece!

http://www.billetbadges.com/

Gunner 04-07-2010 07:54 AM

The major cost in these things is turning out the dies and molds. Badge #1 costs (for example) $1,000. Badge #2 costs $2. ERA could get a reasonable return from a first batch order of sufficient size and then have them for sale f'revermore.

Excaliber 04-07-2010 08:02 AM

Well, ERA, are you listening? I think the tide may have turned in favor of the "original" manufacturer. Some guys are proud to run Kirkham identifiers, as opposed to Shelby, for instance.

I'd be proud to tell like it is, it's an ERA, it stand's own it's own, no excuses required.

Gunner 04-07-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excaliber (Post 1042421)
I'd be proud to tell like it is, it's an ERA, it stand's own it's own, no excuses required.

(mumbles) Ida know, still think iz pret funny to put F'rrari badges ont...

Excaliber 04-07-2010 08:17 AM

Eh eh, that would be SO outrageous you couldn't be called a "poser", a guy would just have to chuckle over it. :)

Ron61 04-07-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner (Post 1042424)
(mumbles) Ida know, still think iz pret funny to put F'rrari badges ont...

Heck Gunner, just paint it a bright Ferrari red and no one will know the difference. And don't forget the Porsche center for the steering wheel.

Ron :LOL: :LOL:

WarrenG 04-07-2010 11:40 AM

I'd be interested in front and rear badges also. BTW-didn't Peter have ERA badges on his ERA 427 car?

cobra 04-07-2010 12:59 PM

Bob

James Baldwin made on his ERA # 575 special front and rear badges.

http://www.bdpmotorsports.com/ERA%20...for%20Sale.htm

strictlypersonl 04-07-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarrenG (Post 1042472)
I'd be interested in front and rear badges also. BTW-didn't Peter have ERA badges on his ERA 427 car?

Describing them as a "Badge" is a stretch. They were stickers that were put over the standard emblem.

Gunner 04-07-2010 03:48 PM

Bob, ERA could have a reasonable number of sets manufactured at an acceptable cost. A small number of advance orders would pay for the whole run and you'd have stock for... well, pretty much as long as there was demand.

Feel free to drop me a PM in the unlikely event you don't have the info and skills in house - I'd be happy to help out.

patrickt 04-07-2010 04:12 PM

If Bob tells me to send him a check, I will. Then I'll just patiently wait for him to get them made. I know eventually they will appear and they will look like a million bucks.:cool:

RodKnock 04-07-2010 04:14 PM

Or maybe you guys can contact Kirkham and they can run you some billet aluminum ERA badges. :LOL: