Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Keith Craft just finished a stroked 428 motor for me with ported/polished/larger valve 1961 390 HP heads (same as 427 LR now) and flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, etc for about $12,500. I supplied the the LR dual quad intake and 427 distributor. It's a fairly mild motor with flat tappet hydraulic and 9.0 compression but made over 470 HP and 530 ft lbs on every dyno pull. I highly recommend him.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

nice looking car
blk on blk on blk always impresses
Old 11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. #505
Not Ranked     

Check this out: http://www.survivalmotorsports.com/FE-Engine-Kits.html
Old 11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I, too wanted a 427 side oiler for my black ERA (still do) but I'm just not willing at this time to part with 15 large to get it. I've got a nice running 428 FE that had some problems early on (turned out to be a bad carb) but now runs good and is dependable. Having a nice 390 is just fine for street driving. If having to wait for your 427 S O means not driving your Cobra for another year or two, then you're losing out on a year or two of Cobra fun. Run you 390 until you have the extra funds for the 427. Lots of other things may be important in your life than the bragging rights of a S O.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default a post turkey day visit

took a ride over to ERA the car is back from being painted and its positioned in a lift bay..
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs365 View Post
took a ride over to ERA the car is back from being painted and its positioned in a lift bay..
Looks sweet!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i was hoping to get down over the holiday...if anyone is visiting please post some pics of my car thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

I have a nice NOS 427 side oiler block that we could use a bases to build you a nice engine. I could do you a nice complete 482C.I. side oiler 427 carb to oil pan with waterpump and damper for about 15,000.00
We do some for another customer that wants cast iron blocks but we use stock style water pump and damper with the aluminum heads. If we do a solid flat tappet with stage 1 heads you might even be a little under that. Give me a call if we can help. Also have several 428 blocks and original cast iron heads as well.

Thanks, Keith Craft
Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks keith

I 've got a local massachuestts builder helping out in the motor area . you build a great motor but I like to help the local guys it helps with the install etc...plus I didn't know you built anything with less then 600 hp?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     
Default Not much to see today...

Your car is off by itself all wrapped in plastic, sadly...

Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hmm....looks like the headlights are in ...Jeff thanks for the photo...considering we are expecting foot of snow tonight ..whats the rush
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
hmm....looks like the headlights are in ...
Taillights too:

Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Your car is going to be fantastic! I took the same approach with the Hurricane I just finished. I will be looking forward to seeing your car progress. When do you think you will get it home?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

dlampe

i followed your car build...hope you don't mind me stealing a few ideas....don't know when its coming home..thats in the ERAGOD's hands...ordered in Sept 2009...hoping April..but i don't really know for sure..on FFCars.com there is a little contest going on with my build vs. a FFR and a Kirkham (although the kirkham is a FIA with a stroked 351/427) with the unvailing at the FFR open house in June..Mike Forte is building my motor
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

We build them all, we build what the customer wants and keep namany parts in stock. Do everythiung from smal block FIA type engine to 390 to 427 FE engines in all forms, It is hard to beat our experience with all of the parts and combinations. We know the pit falls and what will work and what will not. Have certain parts we will use because of this and some that we will not.
You would surprised at the people and engine builders that we have sold parts to. Helped Roush with his first stroker engine combinations as well as many other that sell you guys parts and engines on here.
No we are taking the 427 SOHC engine to new levels, it does not natter if yu have built an engine for 40 years if you do not see the potential in the new parts and technology. I would not want to go into space with 60 technology when I could use 2010 technology and machining. This why some of the guys need to come to our open house in March. It is a whole new process and machines that are used now. This is why you can get 600 to 750 reliable HP out of these engine now. The 500HP stuff is simple and easy to do for sure. Thanks and good luck.

Keith Craft
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Also been following your ERA FIA build. I could never go 2 years building a car as I'm such an impulse buyer but you are doing it right and looking forward to the finished product. I almost did another FIA as I have always liked them and sometimes wished I would of kept my Kirkham FIA...

Hey Dean,

Any videos of your Hurricane other than the startup? Know winter set in and sitting like mine right now. Hoping to get out on my first drive soon if the weather ever clears here in Dallas....
Old 01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default one benefit

of the two year build ...is you get to spread the cost of the time period..so it doesn't seem to be as painful ...the downside is you end up adding things that i would not have done originally because i was trying to keep the cost down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post
Also been following your ERA FIA build. I could never go 2 years building a car as I'm such an impulse buyer but you are doing it right and looking forward to the finished product. I almost did another FIA as I have always liked them and sometimes wished I would of kept my Kirkham FIA...

Hey Dean,

Any videos of your Hurricane other than the startup? Know winter set in and sitting like mine right now. Hoping to get out on my first drive soon if the weather ever clears here in Dallas....
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post

kgs ... Am I reading this correctly, are you also building or have already built an ERA FIA in addition to 789?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default god no

one ERA build per lifetime...unless you are Jim Holden and you keep a 1/2 dozen in different colors and flavors to drive depending on what side of the bed you woke up on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
kgs ... Am I reading this correctly, are you also building or have already built an ERA FIA in addition to 789?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
Quote:
one ERA build per lifetime...unless you are Jim Holden and you keep a 1/2 dozen in different colors and flavors to drive depending on what side of the bed you woke up on

Now I got it

I think Jim must have (or has had) at least one each of everything, on the ERA menu ... he obviously has good taste