Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCSX2498 View Post
Hey Bill, I think Nick at Acton Custom is gonna have a alum bodied FIA with original style 3" chassis with leaf spring susp available very soon. A lot like what Fox- John & 1985CCX- Jeff are working on right now. It may be worth the time to call him and ask for a few details.

I would like to start a alum FIA after my 427 is painted.

good luck, karl
Out of my price range right now and I know it. I spoke to Nick on another car that the owner has been chasing me to buy. I've got a little time before I need to make a decision.......Seeing what else I can find in the next week or two........

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Bill,

You are wise to take your time ... there are FIAs out there and sooner or later the right car, at the right price, will pop up and you will be ready to pounce on it !
Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkb289 View Post
Bill,

You are wise to take your time ... there are FIAs out there and sooner or later the right car, at the right price, will pop up and you will be ready to pounce on it !

The problem is more me than anything else, I have a maximum ceiling of $40,000, some owners and I are just 2K apart, but realistically there is no way I can come up with the additional funds (and still pay taxes on the sale) any time in the foreseeable future. Sounds crazy, but I am realistic to my current economic issues (college tuition, business, and home wise)There are a few 427SC cars in the low 30's I'm considering, even one Unique FIA for 22K in NJ (now on craigslist), but needs a complete teardown and rebuild which I am unwilling to do on this car (I knew the last owner, this car was not taken care of from day one but is a good deal for someone who wants a project like that)......

Bill S.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

here's a solution, buy a new f5 mk4, i'll trade you even up for the body, one of my FiA bodys, bolts rite on, tho in a few other trinkits and you could build just what you want for under $30k, as long as you don't go crazy money wise, and you'll have $10 k left over
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: currently Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
even one Unique FIA for 22K in NJ (now on craigslist), but needs a complete teardown and rebuild which I am unwilling to do on this car (I knew the last owner, this car was not taken care of from day one but is a good deal for someone who wants a project like that)......

Bill S.

Can you provide a ling to that car please. I found one, but asking price is 30k
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2050721969.html
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Can you provide a ling to that car please. I found one, but asking price is 30k
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2050721969.html
That is the car, better hurry though as he is getting ready to take it to a place that offers "cash for cars"........

Bill S.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bill

you can always just send Peter a deposit...spec it out how you would like ..then wait
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

So you have to spend an additional 6,7,or 8 % on sales tax too? Geez, what's the advantages of living up north? We pay advalorum tax based on the year and cost of the vehicle. But with a car registered as a 65 it's like an extra $2.25 a year. Is this taxed on the sale of the car as well? They had something like this in Ga. years ago but after a while it was voted out! That FIA in NJ doesn't look that bad and for the costs needed it to get it "right" you would be ahead wouldn't you. How does the state know what you buy a car for if it's a cash sell? Just curious. Matt
Old 12-21-2010, 03:21 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA-ERA View Post
How does the state know what you buy a car for if it's a cash sell? Just curious. Matt
If I tell the truth up front, I do not have to worry about remembering a lie.

Bill S.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Bill S.
Truth and lies are merely shades of one another, with no true absolute to be found at either end of the spectrum.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm all with you on that one but wow makes buying and selling cars a mess. I do understand the need for taxes as I pay just like everyone else. It just seems a little excessive. I paid tax on my 2007 Tundra when new, then every year I pay advalorum tax with my tag, and have to get emissions inspected too. BUT, old cars is nil. I understand now, seems like you have to factor that into buying a car in regards to selling or flipping. You can really loose your shirt!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Truth and lies are merely shades of one another, with no true absolute to be found at either end of the spectrum.
Eh, what? Either you're "on the noble path" or you're not. The Noble Eightfold Path of the Buddha will end your suffering.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Eh, what? Either you're "on the noble path" or you're not. The Noble Eightfold Path of the Buddha will end your suffering.
I stand by the fact that there is no absolute truth, other than the fact that there is no absolute truth.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I stand by the fact that there is no absolute truth, other than the fact that there is no absolute truth.
What did you have for breakfast?

What about mathematics?

Hmm, I guess I see truth as absolute.

Bill, my apologies for the digression.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Patrickt and Rodknock,

You are both legendary at hijacking threads and taking them places they should never have gone in the first place. Kindly take your usual bickering/bantering/hijacking off my thread, maybe to PM's would be better for the two of you.

I do thank you both for your future cooperation in keeping this thread on topic.

Bill S.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Don't buy somebody else's junk. Just wait for the right car to come along, or wait for the price on the car you want to come down. Cash is king. As for the state and the DMV, tell it straight and they won't come knocking. Good luck with your search.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I do thank you both for your future cooperation in keeping this thread on topic.
You owe it to yourself to spec a fia with Peter P. If you handle the painting/body stuff at your shop, and don't go overboard on the power train, you can hit your price numbers and have exactly what you want.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOERA-SC7XX View Post
Don't buy somebody else's junk. Just wait for the right car to come along, or wait for the price on the car you want to come down. Cash is king. As for the state and the DMV, tell it straight and they won't come knocking. Good luck with your search.
I can't believe just how many cars are on the market right now, and real close to my maximum price range. Far more than I would have thought. All I need to do now is decide which one I might want to make an offer on.

Bill S.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bill why would you get rid of the 427 ERA to get another 427?.....you owe it to yourself to get an FIA...you've been talking about it for years...time to make it happen
Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Bill ... stay on target ... you have had the FIA bug for a while ... you just need to find the right car to scratch that itch !