Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2001, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ag1320

Bob,

I need to replace the front bushings on my car. Do you have a part number on those? I would assume it is something that I could pick up at my local auto supplier.?.?.

THANKS
Old 10-03-2001, 04:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

'77

The bushings are made by TCI Engineering (800-854-9868), part 9952. We've got 'em for roughly $25/set of 4. Give Bryan a call.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-03-2001, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ADSA 77 , What year was #55 made ? How many miles do you have on it ? When I bought my ERA one of my key decision points was how great the cars holdup after years of good running. I have a whole 134 miles on #569!! Scott
Old 10-04-2001, 04:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

#55 was built around '82. We changed the front suspension bushing type in '85 or so.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-04-2001, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, almost 20 years ! Thats awesome ! The first time I went and filled up 569 with gas I had 2 people ask me what it was ? Then they asked what year is it ? Nether had ever heard of a Cobra, but said they thought it was the meanest machine they had ever seen ! That made my day I bought this machine because I felt it was made to do one thing-GO LIKE HELL & GO EVEN FASTER !!, NOT look nice or show it at car shows, but to drive it as this ERA was built for me to do !. I look forward to getting it broken-in and experiencing that ! I also decided it was time for me to get a life insurance policy (for my wife sake) After 3 years of reading all you guys describe the thrill of a machine as this I can now say " I'm With Ya " Scott
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Putnam View Post
'77

The bushings are made by TCI Engineering (800-854-9868), part 9952. We've got 'em for roughly $25/set of 4. Give Bryan a call.
I called them - they do not recognize this part number. I would like to try poly. An application cross reference would make it the easiest. I thought maybe they could advise me on this, but no luck.

I was able to track down the application for the uppers from the assembly manual, but since you manufacture your own control arms, it does me little good.

I assume the lower bushings are rubber since there are no zerks and after 10 years no squeek (my car is North and not available for inspection). Can you provide an application for the lowers e.g. 73 Monte Carlo or provide a cross reference for poly?

x-cliff
Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Note that the last post in that thread was in 2001...

The current (equivalent) part for the lower control arm inner pivots is Energy Suspension 9072G.

Upper control arm shaft assembly, w/bushes: MOOG K6108
Bushings only: MOOG K6148

Upper control arm shafts and bushes are from 1970-73 Chevy Camaro.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info. I realize it is an old post. I was torn between polluting with another or just updating and keeping it all together. Your reply is perfect.

x-chr
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

I noticed that the old (posted) FIA manual had the outmoded bushing number. The manual is updated now.

When in doubt for replacement parts, download the manual for the latest cars. Time constraints make minor changes into all the older manuals impractical.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Will do -

x
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

9.9111G is the kit to purchase - it has 4ea of the 9072G bushings and 2ea sleeves. Could not get to the 9072G directly.

chr