Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2001, 09:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Turk...at least Bob put your pictures on the website I've been waiting for weeks.....speak up Bob before the Texas bunch sends out a posse! Get a rope.

Gary
Old 11-08-2001, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk;
This Sacramento place....is that like where the "Happy Cows" live?
Old 11-08-2001, 10:29 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Talking

Uh-oh! I hope I don't get sued for my wallpaper!

KM
Old 11-08-2001, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Hey Putnam:

What did you do to make room for all those pictures of Turk's car on the ERA Website? What is he now, some sorta junior God? Nobody else has got a play like Turk.

What could it be? He sure as hell hasn't given Peter another deposit or I would have heard about it.

What has he got on you? You afraid he might show up again in New Britain?

Hell, winter has arrived... Turk won't leave California until next May at the earliest.

Mort MacTavish
Old 11-09-2001, 05:32 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Wink

The following conversation was picked up by secret "bunny" surveilance microphones planted in ERA's phone lines...

Turk: "Bob, I'm thinking about buying an FIA car from you guys."
Bob: "What can I do to change your mind?"
Turk: "Well, it's funny you should ask..."

KM
Old 11-09-2001, 05:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

J.H.:
"What did you do to make room for all those pictures of Turk's car on the ERA Website?"

I don't know! It couldn't have been the baklava.

You want more pictures? Get Peter to do something besides B.S. when he's at the track. Or - do YOU own a camera?

Gary,

OK, so I spaced out. Am I supposed to have more pictures than the one that you sent me a month ago?

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-09-2001, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Bob:

Go click on the picture of my (X) GT... nothing!

There can be only one logical conclusion; you've added Turk and you're attempting to loose me. Now, I know he has looks, personality and something on you, but... really!

He's a first timer for cripes sake! A mere rookie.

When he's dropped a few more (cash) deposits on you THEN you can suck up to him.

Jim
Old 11-09-2001, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default No deal

Bob Putnam
You better not be taking any of my pictures down to make room for some ugly A** car. Have him buy you another disk drive if Jim wants his pictures in there, like I did.

TURK
Old 11-09-2001, 07:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Well Bob....since you asked...I'm sending you by e-mail interior and engine shots. Thanks......we all space out from time to time:-)

Gary
Old 11-09-2001, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default TURK - NICE

Turk,
Just looked at the picutures of your ride. Very Very Nice. I have been ready your posts and figured your ride was nice, but WOW!

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-09-2001, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk:

...now you've got shills in Colorodo sucking up to you?

This is war!

Jim Holden
Old 11-09-2001, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim Holden
Why would you go around trying to reduce my prestige in here?God knows this is one of the last remaining threads left I can operate safely. I am trying to build up a following in here before I venture out to the "Lounge" and the "Cobra Talk". here you are chopping down the only supportive post.

Thank god Bob Putnam wasn't granted a moderator title when this area was set up. I would have been banned and gone long time ago.
Leave me alone.

TURK
Old 11-09-2001, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk:

Bob Putnam as a moderator?

I don't think so. He hasn't been able to settle the ongoing feud between the guys in the welding shop and the finish shop guys.

He hasn't got a prayer here.

Jim Holden
Old 11-09-2001, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default JIM HOLDEN

Jim,
Why don't you post some pictures of your car? From the picutures posted earlier Turk has got it made. VERY NICE. I love looking at all the great cars at this site.
Old 11-10-2001, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HIQ:

In theory you can find some pictures of my FIA here:

http://www.erareplicas.com/cars/holden2.htm

It's the pictures of my GT that Bob has sent into the cyber-ether...

or maybe not:

http://www.erareplicas.com/cars/holden.htm

...they're back!

Jim Holden

PS: Turk, all is forgiven!

Last edited by Jim Holden; 11-10-2001 at 04:32 PM..
Old 11-16-2001, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default TWO month delivery?????

Turk,

Since reading that post a couple of days ago I have enconsolable. I woke up from my hysteria to realize that you are probably pulling my leg. Final determination will be when I visit ERA. That visit will wait until I get my HumVee replica up running before I show up at their doorstep to answer that question. Equipped with all the correct stuff.

After more thought I believe that you have sarcassed below the belt. How can you play on the fragile heart strings of a guy wating for his car to get MADE, forget about delivered. You should be ashamed of yourself........

.......but wait, ahhhh a solution to your unkind attempt to raise my blood pressure to the point of flinging myself into the nearby Houstonic river. Please have your car (the Cobra) delivered to Ct. by December 15. I, unlike you, will have no problem driving it in the cold weather of the Northeast.

I have an idea for a way to bolt on a ski rack to the trunk. I will use your car to demonstrate and will split the proceeds 50/50 with you.

Mr. Putnam and Mr. Portante, I will be a calling to find out about this 2 month delivery nonsense. Do not want to unjustly judge anyone without the facts.
Old 11-16-2001, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JWheaton

YOU are right on schedule!! No, not the car....YOU.

You are sufffering from ERAtis. You are in the late stages, and possibly incurable. It starts off with slight draining (of your wallet).
Later on the drain is substantial.

Then you have days and evenings of high fever. Towards the later stages you become delusional. You write to total strangers across the other end of the country asking them if they will let you drive their car during the winter months.

By that time it is too late. You have to resort to drastic measures to get well. A refund of your deposit, and giving up your spot in the que, guarantees a cure. What it does not guarantee is that you won't have relapse.

You are not a well man!. I see your location as being CT. You are agonizing over "a guy waiting for his car to get MADE, forgetting about being DELIVERED". Delivered... to CT. You ARE in CT. How tough could that be?

If I were you,I would pull up a chair and sit in the parking lot, until I got my car. You never know, for all you know your car may very well be completed. If they keep each car they complete another two to three weeks and use it as personal transportation, they could get by without investing a dime of their own money to buy one. This way they are all driving around in ERA Cobras, and you and I are paying fo them.

Such asweet deal. If they ever get caught, how difficult is for Peter to tell you, he was just "road testing " it.
Yep, you never know.... Thank God, I got mine. I think it is time to hire a private eye, to keep an eye....

My thoughts....

TURK
Old 11-27-2001, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2078. 331 stroker, sportsman block built by Evanuik Performance. 450hp
Send a message via AIM to SSSnake
Not Ranked     

Don't bother with the chair. The family camped out behind the ERA factory will probably let you stay with them for the 6 or 7 months.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JWheaton:

If you are looking for some local (i.e. Dewey Street) short term rentals there are a number available. English is not the language of choice... second or third at best.

A particularly attractive rental may be available at the house across the street (known locally as the "Animal House") which caters to Central CT. State College students. At the end of the fall semester a few vacancies usually open up. The social schedule is rigorous I understand, with weekend events going from dusk to dawn.

A story about one such weekend event comes to mind. Teddy was working late one night in the ERA paint booth while a party raged across the street. When he finished, he came out (still garbed from head to toe in his white painter's outfit) to find that a young couple had decided to utilize the picnic table in the shop parking lot as the site for the "ultimate amorous encounter". As the couple "rounded third and were galloping for home" Teddy stepped up to advise that he was "condom man" and asked if they were practicing "safe sex."

...word is that they apparently made it home safely.

Mort

Last edited by Jim Holden; 11-28-2001 at 08:03 AM..
Old 11-28-2001, 08:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default Dr. Ruth -- I'm not

Mort,

Thanks for the good information on lodging in the Greater ERA neighborhood. My Cobritis is so bad that I do not think I could help any picnic goers with the "ins and outs". The kids can have their fun and Peter et al.. will have to find cleaners to pick remnents or another area to eat lunch.

What I have decided to do is to get one of those deer hunting stands that cantilever (sp?) off of trees and set up shop. There is that nice big tree in front with good views of the major doors into the Bob and Peters office area.

I plan on stopping by on Friday morning to make sure all are working their way to my name on the list. Any messages you want me to bring to them?

Jamie