Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2001, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default Sacramento, California's Finest!

4 of your customers, enjoying the last bit of summer before it gets down to 70 degrees and we can no longer drive our cars here in California.
4 ERAs in Sacramento area, went for a ride,and a little mischief last Saturday.

TURK
Old 10-23-2001, 07:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

What do you mean 70 and can't drive!!!!!

We did a meeting last year and it was about 35-40....gloves and hats.

Matt
Old 10-23-2001, 07:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

35!!! That's called surviving, not driving!
Old 10-23-2001, 09:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ahh.. - Stupid Youth

When I was 16, I spent a winter in an MGTD with no top. Huddling under the cowl at 15F. I'm (barely) smarter now. I don't paddle below 25F.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 10-23-2001, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You can't see in the pictures, but since the temperatures had dropped down to almost low 80s the four drivers who shall remain nameless were all in their thermal underwear, and we all had our heaters on. brrrrr!!

That made it real comfortable. I would do it again, as long as we don't drive too fast. I have a small air leak under the dash where the temperature sender cable used to run, a hole the size of the thickness of a pencil. I will have to plug that up, there is adraft of cool air, I can feel on my groin when we go over 35 mph.

We drove as fast as 48 mph that day in temperatures like that. I was very proud of my running mates.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 10-23-2001 at 09:10 AM..
Old 10-23-2001, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DOWN to 70? Did you say DOWN to 70?
Old 10-23-2001, 10:25 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Wink

Turk,

Having been born and raised in the South, I can certainly understand your concerns with the colder (below 70) weather. Don't let these guys give you a hard time. The other day it got down to 60 degrees here at home (!!!) and we had to turn on the heat!

Seriously, shortly after the Miata came out (back in 1991), my friend and I decided to take one for a test drive. It was January. It was really cold (like 35 or 40). We just dropped the top and turned up the heat. What a blast!

Got any more Cobra pics from your weekend?

Keith
Old 10-24-2001, 08:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default What great cars

Turk:

Those are such nice cars to be driving around in that balmy weather.

hmmmm..
That the red one looks really great, especially with the tire lettering.

The one farthest in the pictures really looks to sit right. The one next to that has a great color blue on it.

The owners of those cars are exceptional people to allow the car with the white side stripe into the group. THe color looks awfully pitted and uneven. I even magnified the image to double check. What a shame. Great ERA car with a paint job that must have only taken MAYBE 5 hours to put on.

Have a great time driving in the cold and next time make sure that ugly painted car gets left out of the picture. It only makes your car look less than spectacular.

Old 10-24-2001, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous ERA owner on break
Not Ranked     
Default Darn right coasters....

Turk, don't let the right coasters bug you. Their minds are frozen stiff from the lousy weather back East. We southwesterners know that the only proper way to do Christmas shopping is to cruise to the mall with the top down.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In the winter time when it gets reallllllly cold, you know, down in the 60's?, what we do to beat the heat is shut off the air vents!

I must say riding around with Turk is an experience!!!!! The stories I have!!!!!

As you know Dora is kind of short. She didn't seem short when Turk let us see her, but when they were driving down the road all I could see was the top of her little head! Turk didn't seem embarrassed at all! Mostly you noticed his big grin

Old 10-24-2001, 09:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     
Default Turk...how sad

Turk.....I'm very sad to look at the pictures because I noticed you gave in and took those beautiful Goodyears off and appear to be running some kind of street tire....how sad.........BUT still an absolute beautiful car. Do you have any more pictues of the individual cars? I need more ERA pictures for my album. Also do the Goodyear Eagles on the red car rub any? I know they are 26.5" tall front and back. Does the tread come close to the Goodyear 1906 and 1907's you have? thanks for the pictures.

Gary Morris
ERA #291
Old 11-07-2001, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary Morris
ERA535 is owned by ERA535 ( that is his user name here on the froum). Not very clever if you ask me , but that is his name. maybe you can ask him directly. I don't believe they rub any longer. He did have a large opening into the trunk where the tire had chewed it's way past the inner lining .

I am kidding of course.
I took the tires off, because I can't afford another paint job. I haven't recovered from the last one yet. Besides I am saving them for competetion, if I ever compete. I understand those tires are no longer available. I have a few more photos, I could email them to you directly if you are interested.

chopper
Merry Christmas to you too. Maybe you can do my shopping for me as well. I don't feel like braving going out this time of the year. It is down to high 70s (maybe low 80s at best) already. I don't want to get caught out there shopping, and next thing you know the temperatures dip down to 65-68. How am I gonna get home. I don't have a top for my car.

JWheaton
Are you still there stalking people who own ERAs? I don't see why you should even be on this forum.

Excelguru
Same offer. I could send you what few I have via email if you want. Stay out of the cold.

BigMike
Yeap! got down to the 70s!!Down right nasty. A blizzard. I bet the wind chil factor was at least 71 degrees.

ERA535
Pat, either give me my linkage back or return Dora immediately.
Not one of those "They are backordered" crap.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 11-07-2001 at 10:00 PM..
Old 11-08-2001, 06:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Turk

Stalking, stalking......damm right I am stalking, but only West Coasters with low tempature thresholds. Maybe I'll send you a fleece jacket for Christmas. Maybe I won't, but you'll have to wait to find out.

AND, I will have you know that I am the proud owner of a deposit for my very own ERA. Given the pain that the wait is having on allowing me to post on the ERA portion of ClubCobra is the least that Portante and Putnam of concerns.

I think that half of my wait is now over. I think it is time to find out. Thanks for jogging my memory Turk.
Old 11-08-2001, 07:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Turk..........would love to have more pictures of your car. It's absolutely gorgeous. We have 5 ERA's local and trying to talk 2 people into one. One guy is looking for used one as he does not have the patience to wait for a new one.

Tires...I'm trying to get everyone that's running the Goodyear 1906 &1907 to give Goodyear Racing @330-796-4580 a call and talk to Bob Schaffer...as he is the marketing director and can decide whether or not to run another batch. I know I would like another set as well as several people here that have seen mine. Goodyears and Cobras just go together.....help us if you can!

Gary
Old 11-08-2001, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JWheaton
I thought -FOR SURE- you'd have your car by now.
One of my employees, ordered his 2 months ago, and he is already driving it! I think it is number 672 or something like that.
If you didn't get yours by now, you must have really ticked them off.
If I were you I would call them every 5 minutes and hang up. They love taking a break from their busy schedule and running to the phone repeatedly and they finally get the message and send you your car just to get you off their backs. It WORKS! That is how I got mine.
Tell them "hello" for me when you call. Be careful with that *69, they can tell who called. It'll cost them .75 cent but trust me they'll spend the money and trace it.

Gary Morris
I'll send you few more pictures tonight. About the tires....Are you SURE you want ME to call? OK. You asked for it. There is a good chance they may discontinue the entire 15" line after I make my call. Please reconsider asking me to call. I am like a TURK in a Shelby Museum. Less likey that they will do anything after I call.

TURK
Old 11-08-2001, 07:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk...when you talk to them ask if they received my fax as I did faxc them a nice letter a week ago and I included a picture of my car...yours and one other just to show them how nice they look.

Gary
Old 11-08-2001, 08:27 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Smile

Turk,

When you have a chance, go ahead and email me some pictures as well. You can never have too many Cobra pictures!

Keith
Old 11-08-2001, 08:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In case you haven't seen 'em here are some more pictures of the TurkMobile.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-08-2001, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Oh boy!!

Bob Putnam
What are you doing with those pictures?
Everyone of them have a Copyright. You done did it this time buddy!
Prepare yourself for a lawsuit!
HEY JAMO!!! I need a lawyer here.....

TURK
Old 11-08-2001, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith
You'll get yours too!!

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 11-08-2001 at 01:21 PM..