Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

My car #820 just went to paint and my deposit was in June of 2016.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 05-17-2018, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 FE Shelby aluminum block, dual quads on Dove high rise, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

Mine is 815 and assembly just started. Engine not in yet at last update 2 months ago.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Time to go to a 2nd shift.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #829, Ford 427
Not Ranked     

Are you both getting rollers or complete turnkey cars (#815 and #820). I know I am way off since I only have 3 months down and I am just getting a roller, no drivetrain or paint job on the body. I am having them paint the frame, bond the body to the frame, etc...

Rob

Last edited by CCKW353; 05-19-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Old 05-19-2018, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Wow - no denying ERA's quality, but damn, that's longer than it takes to get a custom yacht delivered!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 05-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Wow - no denying ERA's quality, but damn, that's longer than it takes to get a custom yacht delivered!
Agreed. The problem must be is that all it takes for a backlog is for a dozen old grey haired men to call up and say "I want a turnkey and I sent you a check today" and *poof* there's a six month or year's delay as a result. They don't want to staff up because they'll just have to train them in order to get the quality standards up where they want them, and that's additional costs, so they just let the queue grow.
Buzz likes this.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 FE Shelby aluminum block, dual quads on Dove high rise, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

815 will be a completed car with engine installed and tested and ready to drive home. But more like shipped to my home. Certainly adds time to the process. I agree, lots of orders and hand built cars that just take time. Not something you want to rush anyway.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks... Agreed, good things come to those who wait
Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Alright, btw has there been any upgrades, major or minor, aside from the steering rack mounts, in the last ten years?
Old 05-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

I admire your taste and willingness to wait. I, on the other hand had waited almost 45 years between my first Cobra and the next Cobra. I chose not to waste more time and shopped around and found a great deal on a previously owned car. It cost a bit more than the kit, but I was in it and driving in a couple of weeks. I had all of the fun of discovery was I went through the car becoming familiar with everything about it. So unless you are heart set on building the car yourself and have more time and patience than most people, shop around and see what you can by that someone else has already had the pleasure of working the bugs out of. Just a thought. Try THE for sale OPTION ON THIS WEB SITE, OR 'WWW.COBRACOUNTRY.COM"

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 05-20-2018, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Alright, btw has there been any upgrades, major or minor, aside from the steering rack mounts, in the last ten years?
If you've to the later series with aluminum front inner panels, I can't think of a single update after that.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Dan,

I have the space, tools and time, life has me very busy with a new job. I am doing all my homework in such until the time comes. I have restored much larger toys (WW2 large trucks and half-track) over the past many years so this 427 project will be fun and much easier. I did debate spending less and getting one now but I prefer things my way so good things come to those that wait and being 47, I got some time... I hope! Haha

Rob
Old 05-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlypersonl View Post
If you've to the later series with aluminum front inner panels, I can't think of a single update after that.
Like this? I think back in 2005 this was part of the "aluminum dress up option," but I honestly can't remember. At that point I had pretty much given Doug carte blanche to put anything on the car he thought I'd like.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Like this? I think back in 2005 this was part of the "aluminum dress up option," but I honestly can't remember. At that point I had pretty much given Doug carte blanche to put anything on the car he thought I'd like.

That's a later car. Even with the "dress-up" aluminum on the earlier cars, that view (from inside the wheelhouse) would have disclosed the original fiberglass.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Does yours look like this?

Old 05-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Does yours look like this?
The only difference that jumps out at me is the mounting system for the Flaming River rack. I think that change came in around 750 or so.