Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2021, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

To continue singing Peter's praises, when I was looking at a used ERA 289 FIA, I called Peter to ask if he could tell me anything at all about this particular car. To my surprise, he immediately dug up the original invoice, told me all about the options it came with - leather race seats, ERA rear end, etc. - and shared more than I thought possible about the order, the build and other details. Lastly, he asked me what color it was, and how much they were asking for it. When I told him, he immediately replied, "You should buy that car." So I did!

sgianino, rads42 and NXPRSS like this.

Last edited by Cobalt289; 03-25-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Old 03-26-2021, 03:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC # 571, 472 Shelby aluminum "stroker " CSX # 299 from Gessford, 48 IDA Weber carburetors from Jim Inglese
Not Ranked     

I can only confirm the assessment of Peter, Bob, Doug and thus the entire ERA team:
It started in 1999 with a factory tour for my wife and me, where everyone took care of us and with plenty of time (for the visitors from far away Switzerland), they showed us the entire production - to be finalized with a test drive. The whole package was decisive for me to own #571 since then.
Over the past years, communication and delivery of spare parts to Switzerland has been fast and hassle-free.
Doubtless, I would do it a second time without hesitation.

Walter

http://www.kreuchi-auto.ch
Old 03-26-2021, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 slabside, 302 SBF
Not Ranked     

Takes me back years... the bellhousing for my GT40 came from ERA- they made a SBF bellhousing which would take a standard size Ford flywheel and 10.5" clutch. And Ford starter or aftermarket. I did not buy my cars from them, but they were happy to sell me what I needed, shipped promptly, and the part worked perfectly. Granted, a bellhousing either fits or it doesn't, no moving parts, but I was very glad to get it from them as, at the time, no one else made it.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 FE Shelby aluminum block, dual quads on Dove high rise, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

Yes, the blower car was completed in 2004. The workmanship is impressive. The hood was built from scratch and a mold ERA folks created. The alternator is on the very bottom side so the only way to adjust belt tension or replace the belt is from under the car. I still own the car. You have a good memory. Hope you are still enjoying your car!
Old 03-28-2021, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 FE Shelby aluminum block, dual quads on Dove high rise, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     
Default Response to sigianino

Yes, the blower car was completed in 2004. The workmanship is impressive. The hood was built from scratch and a mold ERA folks created. The alternator is on the very bottom side so the only way to adjust belt tension or replace the belt is from under the car. I still own the car. You have a good memory. Hope you are still enjoying your car!
Old 03-28-2021, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

I kind of knew I wanted a cobra around 2000 I found this website. I did a ton of reading about various different manufactures. I narrowed my search down to SPF and ERA.
I decided to take a trip for CA to Connecticut to se the ERA facility. I showed up un announced, doug and Peter treated me like family, showed me around and I made the decision.

Then upon learning about the 18month wait I started thinking about the SPF even more, I called Peter and told him about these thoughts and he sad "ill call you back later today" he did. He was able to switch places with me with someone who did not mind. I then was the owner of ERA 626.

I then found a group of cobra guys having breakfast on Sunday mornings in dublin CA called The bay Area Cobra Club ( I am now the President) I met a guy named Randy Rosenberg and he has to this day a very nice SPF car. I asked "what color is that car" and we have been friends ever since. I guess what I am trying to say is I have made many friends along the way and very happy I made friends with the guys at ERA.
I ended up getting the car in late 2001 and had and loved the car until about 2 years ago when I sold it to a close friend. Even now that I own a CSX car the guys at ERA still take care of me like I am one of their own... GREAT company for any one out there even considering buying a cobra GET IN LINE AT ERA, one of the best decisions I have ever made.

RIP Currington... we will always remember you ...

Last edited by ERA 626; 03-28-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Old 03-28-2021, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2081
Not Ranked     

Pleased & honoured to see that copy & paste make it that simple to generate another post - thanks Walter.

Matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra View Post
I can only confirm the assessment of Peter, Bob, Doug and thus the entire ERA team:
It started in 1999 with a factory tour for my wife and me, where everyone took care of us and with plenty of time (for the visitors from far away Switzerland), they showed us the entire production - to be finalized with a test drive. The whole package was decisive for me to own #571 since then.
Over the past years, communication and delivery of spare parts to Switzerland has been fast and hassle-free.
Doubtless, I would do it a second time without hesitation.