Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2021, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     
Default Peter P is a good man.

I ordered a dead man foot rest for my cobra from Peter P. I emailed him and asked him to ship me this part... I did not hear back from him, just a few days later the part arrives in the mail. He did not include an invoice... I emailed him to tell him he forgot the invoice and he emailed me back the next day telling me no charge to "enjoy"
This cost him $$ in shipping not to mention the time it took him to box it up and send it out.

This is the definition of A++ customer service...ERA goes over and above to make people happy. This is extremely refreshing in these times to get something nice like this from Peter P.

I also have a CSX car and the people from Hillbank are the exact opposite...they are HORRIBLE to deal with. They have over charged me for a hub cap, took months to get and when it arrived it was scratched. When I called them, the lady on the phone accused me of lying about the damaged part!!! Really? I spend 6 figures on a CSX car and then half to deal with this idiot? wow... GREAT JOB ERA!!!! If any one out there is on the fence of which company to buy from.... ERA 100% THANK YOU PETER!!!

PS Bob, I know Peter wont see this so please tell him about the kind words I put here...
cobra, CJ428CJ, jolsen42 and 7 others like this.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Neutral     

Did you not buy your car from Denbeste whereas you did buy your ERA from ERA?

So Hillbank to you is the wholesale distributor to Denbeste. You didn't buy your car from Hillbank. Right?

Your relationship with Hillbank is as a customer buying parts. I hear you, but in the supply chain, if you're looking for freebies then your customer-supplier relationship most likely to be fruitful would be Denbeste. Not that it would be much better. It seems that Denbeste probably has a hoarding problem and bought lots more cars than he will ever sell. I fully expect the American Pickers guys will show up there some day.

At least you're not trying to get parts from some of the other parts places here that take orders and never ship.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 03-18-2021 at 04:52 PM..
Old 03-18-2021, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Neutral     

I'm also more than a little curios. It seems from the history from the time you got the CSX from Denbeste that you haven't been satisfied with anything about it. Not from the purchase experience from Denbeste nor with how the car was built from the factory. Why did you get a CSX and essentially turn it into a kit that you are rebuilding from ground instead of keeping the ERA that you seemed to love?
Old 03-18-2021, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era#671 Keith Craft Motor
Neutral     

I second that compliment. Peter is a great guy I met him back in 2004 at the shop on a Saturday afternoon dreaming of owning an ERA someday .....Somehow or another less than a month later i was there again with a deposit...Still own ERA 671 over 15 years now and the customer service has never changed.
The funny thing is 15 years passed till i attended the Christmas party a couple years ago and Peter still remembered my Name ( Actually my nick name) But he remembered
Old 03-18-2021, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Neutral     
Default stupid ass comments from who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I'm also more than a little curios. It seems from the history from the time you got the CSX from Denbeste that you haven't been satisfied with anything about it. Not from the purchase experience from Denbeste nor with how the car was built from the factory. Why did you get a CSX and essentially turn it into a kit that you are rebuilding from ground instead of keeping the ERA that you seemed to love?
Why in the hell would you twist my post into you own personal attack on me?
#1 It is none of your fing business.

#2 I am very happy with my relationship with Bill Denbeste he is a great man and a friend. as I am very happy with ERA. My trouble with hillbank is obviously behond your comprehension. Do you actually own a cobra? or a GT? My car came from Hillbank, and it is not your concern how. do you actually understand customer service? maybe not.

#3 How do you twist my experience into "turning my CSX into a Kit"? Yes I have found issues with the car and I have addressed and fixed them. reading your BS makes me regret posting anything here on CC... I always thought to myself if you were a little "special" you just confirmed my thoughts... maybe you should consider keeping your drama comments to your self...

My post was to compliment Peter and ERA not to read your stupid ass comments...
Old 03-18-2021, 07:49 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA 626 View Post
Why in the hell would you twist my post into you own personal attack on me?
#1 It is none of your fing business.

#2 I am very happy with my relationship with Bill Denbeste he is a great man and a friend. as I am very happy with ERA. My trouble with hillbank is obviously behond your comprehension. Do you actually own a cobra? or a GT? My car came from Hillbank, and it is not your concern how. do you actually understand customer service? maybe not.

#3 How do you twist my experience into "turning my CSX into a Kit"? Yes I have found issues with the car and I have addressed and fixed them. reading your BS makes me regret posting anything here on CC... I always thought to myself if you were a little "special" you just confirmed my thoughts... maybe you should consider keeping your drama comments to your self...

My post was to compliment Peter and ERA not to read your stupid ass comments...
I look forward to your posts and I am sure there are plenty of other members who do as well.
ERA 626, jolsen42 and sgianino like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #448, 1964-427
Neutral     

Greetings ERA626, I agree fully in commending Peter at ERA. I did tour his shop many years ago, before buying my #448 ERA nine years ago. He was so friendly and welcoming, I was solded on ERA Cobras. Fast forward, I needed tailight back reflectors. Gave Peter a call and within a couple days a package showed up with the reflectors and a nice note for me to enjoy my ERA. I'm still not sure what the reflectors cost, but I did send Peter coffee money for the guys in the shop as a Thanks.
cobra, ERA 626, sgianino and 2 others like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Peter and Bob = GREAT!
cobra, ERA 626, sgianino and 1 others like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

I will also compliment Peter and his customer service, and I am not even an ERA owner! (although I know a few owners in Texas). I wanted an original-appearing engine bay, was searching for an upper radiator pipe that goes from expansion tank to the radiator, and couldn't find anything stainless with the correct radius. A friend suggested I call Peter at ERA, which I did, he had them in stock on the shelf, already bead-rolled and powder-coated silver. He sold it to me for a RIDICULOUSLY low price IMO, just mailed the invoice in the box. When I got the part there was no shipping charges. I added what I thought was fair to the check and paid up after the part arrived!
ERA 626, sgianino, rads42 and 2 others like this.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-19-2021, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony,
If you wouldn't mind me asking im curious what you do for a living? Appears you have done well previously owning 2 Shelbys that have been sold...Which leads me to Question #2, why did you sell the cars and still very "Active" on the forum?
I don't mind sharing that i cut wood and bang nails for a living, Mostly remodel work just myself and a helper....I guess what im getting at here is that being self employed and basically a customer referral based business i have noticed finding myself giving my customers "Freebies" as you call them. When a customer spends 70K on a Kitchen remodel do you think im really going to charge them $20 for fixing a Lockset or Silly screen door? Its not expected of me to do so but its just a nice gesture that comes around full circle....Thats why im curious what you do for a living, don't feel pressured to answer i totally understand if you don't...im just being open.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgianino View Post
Tony,
If you wouldn't mind me asking im curious what you do for a living? Appears you have done well previously owning 2 Shelbys that have been sold...Which leads me to Question #2, why did you sell the cars and still very "Active" on the forum?
I don't mind sharing that i cut wood and bang nails for a living, Mostly remodel work just myself and a helper....I guess what im getting at here is that being self employed and basically a customer referral based business i have noticed finding myself giving my customers "Freebies" as you call them. When a customer spends 70K on a Kitchen remodel do you think im really going to charge them $20 for fixing a Lockset or Silly screen door? Its not expected of me to do so but its just a nice gesture that comes around full circle....Thats why im curious what you do for a living, don't feel pressured to answer i totally understand if you don't...im just being open.
very well said, I actually never implied I wanted or expected a "freebee" this was Tony's choice of words... I expected fully to pay for what Peter sent me...

I am also a contractor. (industrial electrical) and I agree 100%. if a customer spends $70k-100k or more on a project I would never charge them to return to move a conduit or something minor, it is called customer service.

I am still trying to figure out why Tony would say such asinine comments... maybe he was having a bad day...
Old 03-19-2021, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

ERA makes a great product and provides excellent customer service, I can't ask for more! I personally have had the pleasure of dealing, inquiring, questioning, and conversing with Peter, Bob, and Doug, who have been extremely busy and taken the time to listen to my ramblings and accommodate me with keeping my 30+ year old ERA 427 looking good and performing like new.
cobra, ERA 626 and sgianino like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #294 , Center Oiler FE
Not Ranked     
Default Era

Peter and Bob are great people ! I bought ERA 294 and I asked for the original invoice for identification purposes , - sent the same day. My car didn’t have the under dash bars in the center , so during the Christmas party a couple of years ago , My friend (ROCKBIT ) who was there , asked Peter if he had any ones for sale for my car. Peter had one of the guys in the shop weld up a couple , and sent them back with him at no charge. 6 months ago , I installed a new clutch and bought new clutch slave , master cylinders and adjustable clutch rod - all in stock and reasonable. Lastly , with that order I asked Peter if my drivers carpet piece under my feet was available. He said he had the earlier car patterns and would have his upholsterer make on up. It matched the original perfectly. Few replica car companies out there have Peter and Bobs attention to detail and service. I feel like I’m being treated as if I bought the car from them !
cobra, ERA 626, sgianino and 1 others like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:49 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Without getting into this whole thing about Tony always being negative about some issues, Mike does have a point, he was making a statement, not asking for opinions. now that, that is off my mind I will soon be looking for a ERA 289FIA to take the place of my beloved 427 Street Car (It cost more than I thought to retire in Paradise ), and look forward to dealing with Peter P. and the rest of the group @ERA. After dealing in the buying & selling of used Cobras for the past few years, I believe the ERA brand, and the 289FIA body suits my needs best. If anyone out there knowns of one shoot me a PM, I have a line on a members car, (IF) he decides to sell it . Thanks Guys, Cheers TommyRot.
ERA 626 and EM-0785 like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five chassis/Mr. Bruce slabside
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA 626 View Post

I am still trying to figure out why Tony would say such asinine comments... maybe he was having a bad day...
Because that's what he does. He has a rather long history of doing that.

John O
ERA 626 and sgianino like this.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2102, Keith Craft 427W
Neutral     

Another happy ERA owner.
When I purchased 2102 it had a 14" steering wheel and missing a top snap. For a very reasonable price, Peter had a new 15" wheel and two snaps shipped here in SF in less than a week.

Tommy, good luck with your search for a 289FIA, you'll be very happy with your decision. Let me know if you have any questions.

Name:  PXL_20210221_233256664.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  95.0 KB
sgianino and Alfa02 like this.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2081
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I can only confirm the assessment of Peter, Bob, Doug and thus the entire ERA team:
It started in 2005 with a factory tour for my wife and me, where everyone took care of us and with plenty of time (for the visitors from far away Germany) they showed us the entire production - to be finalised with a test drive. The whole package was decisive for me to own #2081 since then.
Over the past years, communication and delivery of spare parts to Germany has been fast and hassle-free. Even free advice on electrical questions (e.g. approval of a modified wiring diagram based on the original Lucas indicator relay DB10 in connection with a German warning light switch) is part of their outstanding service.
Doubtless, I would do it a second time without hesitation.

Best regards,
Matthias

cobra, Dominik, sgianino and 2 others like this.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:18 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Ehhhh, I don't know... Peter could have just given me my car instead of making me pay for it.
sgianino, rads42 and Alfa02 like this.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 FE Shelby aluminum block, dual quads on Dove high rise, 5speed Tremec
Not Ranked     

I would agree with everyone above. Peter is outstanding as is Bob, and Doug is an outstanding Cobra builder. Since 1997 I have had three 427 Cobras built by the ERA team, including the very complicated twin Paxton car on the ERA website. Doug did an exceptional job designing the frame with pass throughs to be able to remove the blowers without pulling the engine. Truly an incredible build. Wish I lived closer to visit more often. Peter is always helpful when I call for any questions or needs. No better company anywhere, in my experience. Hope the ERA team sees all these comments on how much they are valued and respected by customers. Keep up the great work!
cobra, ERA 626, sgianino and 2 others like this.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy427 View Post
I would agree with everyone above. Peter is outstanding as is Bob, and Doug is an outstanding Cobra builder. Since 1997 I have had three 427 Cobras built by the ERA team, including the very complicated twin Paxton car on the ERA website. Doug did an exceptional job designing the frame with pass throughs to be able to remove the blowers without pulling the engine. Truly an incredible build. Wish I lived closer to visit more often. Peter is always helpful when I call for any questions or needs. No better company anywhere, in my experience. Hope the ERA team sees all these comments on how much they are valued and respected by customers. Keep up the great work!
I actually was having ERA 671 Built while your Paxton was being fabricated i think....Was it around 2004-2006? I have seen pictures of your car and its Amazing!! If its the Black Paxton from ERA. Im curious do you still have it? Theres alot of fabrication that goes into that car to make room for all that "Stuff" that normally isnt under the hood of a typical 427 SC.