Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2002, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Thank you Jamo
It is indeed easier to spell out "ERA" than it would be to spell out
"EARLY BUTTLER WITH A CONSIDERABLE SET-BACK AND SMALL BLOCK"
You wouldnt be able to see through the windshield!

TURK
Old 06-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Turk wrote:

Understated.
Very modest of you fellow!
Got to love them Easterners, always low key, sedate and reserved. Yes, they ARE.

I remeber spending a little time in the City and NJ. Gold worn around the necks with three button open silk shirts to match the two layers of gold bracelets glittering against the hood of a Black Towne cars is real low key.??

Response:

It is obvious your move to California has resulted in a downturn in gaudy towne cars and silk shirts in the NY Metro area. It is also obvious what is going now in California fashion is just a revision of jersey life but with better weather.

What is the connection? AND thank you for taking all that good fashion sense with you

Jim:

Since you are the guy making these decals you make them the best you see fit to. I will give my opinion as well though since.... well..... why not (and to think -- I don't even have a car to put these stickers on!)

Light tinted letters that go from cowl to top of glass and strecth across the entire windshield. Ever so slightly tinting the glass to make the curious look even harder. Subtle enough to please all of us who have discrimanating taste. hmmmmmmmm
Old 06-09-2002, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Cheeks:

I've seen yer trailer. There's no room for any stinking logos on that thang.

As to E v. W; clearly Turk 's experience when he was in Jersey was limited (and also a clear indication of the sort of folks he's naturally attracted to). I tend to gravitate toward the cut off jeans and loafers held together with duct tape crowd. I find that the sort folks who are normally attracted to the Mr. T starter sets can't understand why anyone would want a "replica" of anything.

There are no jackets at the shop (unless Peter can find his personal windbreaker). The "just in time" inventory is maintained here... in the back of my old suburban (which makes your van look prestine in comparison).

Morty

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-09-2002 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-10-2002, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Morty

Finally sprung for a new(to me) enclosed trailer. It looks familiar because it used to belong to Paul F. Just want to look like the rest of the "big guys" with the logo etc. So how do I get to see a jacket...wait, thats not the "ERA Way". Ok, where do I send the blank check so I can have the right to view my new jacket after it arrives, approval guaranteed or else.

BTW, I just found an old style t shirt in large, kind of a blue/grey color, never worn, but once owned by Peter I'm sure.. Does it have any value as it is an original replica shirt?

Cheeks
Old 06-10-2002, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Cheeks:

Wow! An enclosed trailer! Yikes, there's no stopping you now. And the color of trailer goes right with the Ol' raccoon slayer #99

Now all you need is a motor for the tow vehicle.

As to the orignal T shirt, a certain 5 letter word has been deleted from the front; a five letter word never to be spoken again; a once revered and respected name, but now to fade away as some distant memory... Once there was a Camelot... but enough.

Hang on to that ORIGINAL ERA T shirt. Put it in the trophy cabinet. We're not making them that way ever again.

As to the jacket, it is black with the ERA Motorsport "trailer" style checkered flag logo across the back.

If you have 20 minutes or so, I can e-mail you a picture.

Dang, a new "Snidely whiplash" trailer; the'll be no talking to you now.

Morty

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-10-2002 at 04:57 PM..
Old 06-10-2002, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Morty

Already painted the trailer to match the van...some white, mostly grey primer. Got a real deal on some of those hangin' tiki lites, and one of those bead things for the door. Just need a black lite and the 60's experience is back on the road. The van runs just as good on 7 as it seemed to on 8, except for the smoke, so nothin to do there. Team No-Buck (or is it No-Class) is ready to roll. I think I got that ol rascal Murt on the run.

Send the picture of the logo.

C
Old 06-11-2002, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cheeks:

The vision of your new equip takes me back to the Glen experience, say 69-70, when I drove up with a friend in his Volvo 2dr sedan; you know, the one that looked like a 40's Ford? Camped out in the infield along with 100k other mostly drunk (among other things) college students. We actually watched (most of) the races, roasted a couple of chickens and then cruised home.

It'll take some doing to beat ol Murt. I've seen pictures of his garage and unless his wife has entirely dispossessed his stuff for her geranium plants, ya still have a ways to go.

Morty
Old 06-11-2002, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim Holden,
Are the decals ready?

What is the hold up?

See you at DVSFII

I told Peter all about the Steak hall of Fame, and he is looking forward to it.

TURK
Old 06-12-2002, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk:

Cripes, ya sound like my mother in law.

The decal job was delegated to the creator of the trailer logo (ie he has the contact with the sign guy).

While we haven't registered yet with DV, we do have rooms (somewhere) and we do intend to take cars (which ones to be determined the day of departure). How about you? You got us into this, what are you doing besides buying the first round(s) of drinks?

Jim
Old 06-12-2002, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You must have a WONDERFUL Mother-in-law.
We are all looking forward to the finishe product, even though it wasn't a Democratic process.
If you can buy 7 or 8 ERAs you should have seniority over all of us I suppose.

As to which cars to bring....How about the Audi and the Volvo station wagon I saw while I was there. They looked very real!

TURK
Old 06-12-2002, 07:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim -

You asked what he is doing besides buying the first round of drinks?

He is buying the second and third round of drinks, too.

By that time we will just leave his card open and he will never know the difference.

By the way - I had a 544 Volvo back in the early days that we used to take up to Road America and camp out and pig out. That was '66 through '70 - June Sprints, Can AM, Trans Am, F5000, and a few times the F5000 vs. USAC races. That car was a good training tool - it refused to die.

Pat
Old 06-12-2002, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk:

Actually, she is the world's best mother in law... Great cook, never an unkind word and for the past 30 or so years has put up with my chasing her daughter around (far better than her daughter).

As to the process of selection of the logo? Democratic? No. Demonic? Yes.

Original:

My companion in the journey to the Glen, whom I considered some what radical back then, went on to become a corrections officer with the State of Vermont prison system. Of course back then there were only two or three prisoners in the whole state of Vermont and they would send them home on weekends.

Jim

PS: Still do't know what we're taking out to Ohio next week. It could very well end up being what's on the trailer now; The Terrarium Porsche, the Rush'n and my real ERA. The Jaqster will bring the dowager show queen; ERA141 and maybe the MKII. But only PEPI Portante knows for sure... So, two trailers, four maybe five cars, a cooler, some lawn chairs and a tent or two. We'll get there when we get there and leave when the spirt moves us (or the local gendarmes, whichever comes first).

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-12-2002 at 06:49 PM..
Old 06-12-2002, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

...Oh, and Turk: ARE YOU BRINGING YOUR ORIGINAL ERA*?

Jim

*Original ERA, built by the original ERA boys on the original ERA chassis jigs and molds in their original shop in the most original town of New Britain, CT.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-12-2002 at 06:55 PM..
Old 06-12-2002, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am bringing the Real, Original, Genuine...ME!
That should be plenty, don't you think?

I may take the #593 also. I am looking forward to this, this will be the first time the Godfather laid an eye on it, since it left the maternetiy ward in New Britain.

TURK
Old 06-13-2002, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk:

What is this "may" business? If I'm shleping (sp?) 3 cars a third of the way accross the country, you can certainly take 1 car two thirds across.

You, of course, will be much more than enough, but your car would legitimize you; provide us with your bona fides; be your reason for existence (or maybe not) and, besides, no one really wants to have you as a passenger for the entire weekend.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-13-2002 at 06:44 AM..
Old 06-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's "schlepping".

Goyim!

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-13-2002, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rabbi Bob:

Thanks. My yiddish spell checker wasn't working.

Some years back I represented the then oldest synagogue in the county in the sale of its temple located in what had become a pretty rough hispanic area. Apparently no one felt safe to walk to services anymore on Friday night.

I figured they hired a "goyim" attorney so they could sue him if he screwed up. At any rate an interesting experience.

Jim
Old 06-13-2002, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What are you guys TALKING about.
I lost you two.

Bob please remind Mr. peter Portante, who will be (under the pretence of working) during the upcoming week to bring me the pair of door pull straps he promised. I don;t want to have to picket the ERA booth!!
It wouldn;t be pretty.

TURK
Old 06-14-2002, 04:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,

"Rabbi Bob"? I swore off the Jewish religion the first time I saw gefilte fish.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-14-2002, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob:

I guess I've been in the metro NY area too long. Here everyone's gotta have a "Priest" or a "Rabbi" (regardless of their religion, or lack thereof) who provides answers, acts as a facilitator, is a "go to guy" in times of crisis, etc., etc.

Here at CC you're clearly the "go to guy".

Any thoughts of conversion were dispensed with long ago after a stay at Grossinger's in the "Alps" when I found that I couldn't have a steak and ice cream for dessert at the same sitting.

Morty

PS: ...and Turk, if you bring your car, I'll do what I can to get your "Straps". If you're there without your car; fugettaboutit.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-14-2002 at 06:12 AM..