Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2003, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Well, I for one home you chime in every now and then ... I can really use the education (and have benefitted greatly in the past)!

Who is John Galt?
Old 11-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Proud Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 2121
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Bob,

I may not post frequently, but I’ve read each post in the ERA Forum since I subscribed to Club Cobra. With every one of your replies, you strengthen the foundation of ERA.

You may have signed up for the engineering position at ERA, but like it or not, your position has evolved into the PR & Marketing director . We want you back!

All the best,
289FIA
Old 11-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Poor Bob, like he wasn't busy enough....

so NOW you wanna make him the PR and Marketing Director too?

Ernie
Old 11-04-2003, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Poor Bob, like he wasn't busy enough....

Quote:
Originally posted by Excaliber

so NOW you wanna make him the PR and Marketing Director too?
I've been saving Sunday from 10:15pm -10:25 pm for that job.

Guys - I really appreciate the support. Anyone want to buy a T-shirt with my picture on the back? (It keeps pedestrians from following you too closely on the sidewalk.)

I couldn't possibly leave this forum - I have much more fun than you guys. It's an engineer's obsession to solve problems.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Bob, Any contributions you give or have given in the past on this site will always be of value! Stop by as much as you can
Old 11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,
Certainly your presence on the board was a factor in my purchace of #606. Like many others I always checked your threads daily for those Pearls of wisdom. Given everything went together so easily I did not have much of an opportunity to question you on this site. Plus, you were just finishing up with Turk and I knew you must be close to your limit. I hope your schedule opens up a bit in the future and you have time to visit often and leave us with a few Pearls here and there that we have become so accustomed to and dependant on.
Take care. Steve
Old 11-04-2003, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

wishing Bob all the best, and having always respected his succinct advice, i do note that there are very few "factory" spokesmen here on CC. I don't think SAI, SPF, Lonestar, Midstates, or FFR, or many of them have a factory sponsored correspondent here on CC. I happen to think the "factories" or satellite dealers are extremely busy, and have little time to answer and discuss on CC. Just keeping up with shop work, and trying to help out prospective purchasers, and owners, is an incredibly time consuming effort.

For instance, while SPF aka High Tech in SA employs many hundreds of employees in their various ventures, here in the states, the regional dealers, like the Olthoff's, my own dealer, is just three of them, plus Bob's wife. There just is no way to support the interest on CC, so i guess owners have to try to help out when and how we can.

So it is easy for me to understand ERA's direction, and Bob Putnam's new mission.

Wish you all the best, Bob.
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War
Old 11-04-2003, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Ok Bob:
So, they have you doing a computerized inventory and parts tracking, purchasing and billing system with all your newly found spare time??? Eh?

Since you are "gone" it is only appropriate that Pete takes your place as the offical MouthPiece of ERA. That said...

Ahem...

We should change the name of ERA --- Speak with Bob Putnam to:

ERA -- Eat with Pete

Pete can share the various epicurian "hot spots" of local New Britain and the envrions within a 20 minute drive as well as cooking tips and recipies for ethnic meditaranian fare.

All Kiddin' aside Bob

I have visions of you up in the LOFT surrounded with your servers, etc. with you fingers all duct taped up into large mits so you cannot type...

We Missus Ya Man....

OFF WITH THE TAPE.

BTW, did you know there was an E.R.A. over in Britain that makes racers?

Cheers

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 11-05-2003, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Management may have made a huge mistake in "redirecting" your talents. You have been an ambassador for ERA, and the selfless help you have given owners of other brands extends that to encompass the industy. You are a great engineer and a fountain of knowledge - each post is a gem.

FWIW, having Peter work on the cars could end up costing you more time - if you count the effort required for you to design an OSHA approved mustache guard.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

Bob:

Does this also mean you are keeping the shore open longer with extended hours 7 days a week. I guess if we can no longer get you here, we will just have to come to you.

What are your new hours 7am - 7pm / 7 days a week?

jim
Old 11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Your posts have been helpful to all who read them. You are a senior statesman on this forum. Thank you for all your imput and time over the years.

Rick
Old 11-08-2003, 04:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Just looking around and stumbled onto this Thread started by Bob.

Just an observation

The purcashes I have made lately and the changes I have made to my cars set up have all been based on questions and things I have seen on this forum.

If I owned a Cobra or replica business I would be on this forum every day pushing my product and answering questions.

What a great 'forum ' to promote on.

Hopefuuly others will take the lead and get on here.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambiber South Australia
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-08-2003, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thank You Bob P.

Thanks Bob for the help in building my car. You too Doug. I understand why ERA is doing this. It's a DAMN shame. I have the first or second power assist Cobra built from you guys and it is the best option on the car. The family grows every year and it's nice to know if a problem popped up that Bob was there for a Quick reply with the correct answer. I hope in the future that this important service will return. ERA is a people company, not a who cares, give me the money and get out. With a waiting list from 6-8 months over 500 people don't mine. ERA is great company with a great product. It's the bench mark which all others are compared to. I hope that policy will change to a part time help line. It would still be worth waiting a day or two for an answer to a problem. I want to thank Pete and Phil for running ERA, Jim H for the pearls of wisdom he brings, Doug and the boys in the shop that do the building of this car. And Bob P for the perfection on the updates to the cars being built. YOUR A GREAT SMALL COMPANY, too bad some other companys don't get to see the PRIDE, CARING, and WORKING TOGETHER to IMPROVE to an already great CAR. Thanks Again. Rick Lake ps Hey bob how much for a custom canoe??
Old 11-08-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi there Rick,

Your car certainly is good. No doubt the support you received assisted in reaching this standard.

I know when I built the second Cobra at McDonald Bros. Racing it made things easier having people who were prepared to help and offer advice.

Now we get on Forums like this and talk about our good experience. Hundreds of people read the Forums - just look at the numbers.

Perhaps, more companies will see the advantage of being on here talking with potential and current customers.

Cheers all

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia
Old 11-08-2003, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Great Product

Bernie Knight Hi Bernie. Your right. When you have a great product with such high standards it is easy to look and perform well. I can't say how pleased I am to do so well with a stock 428 crank in a 427 block. I already bite the bullet and ordered a bigger motor for next year. My girlfriend said I'm am IDIOT. Boys and Toys. That's right. Anyway Next time I will bolt the seat in and take you for a spin. You can drive. I am not swapping the steering wheel over to the right side. Hope you make a reurn trip next year. We can have a KIWI party. Info is very important to building these cars, correct info. You have a GREAT DAY. Hope the sun is out. Todd take the car for a drive??? Have a good one. Oh Bobs OK HATE the computor. will get Doris to E-Mail you. They welded the heads together found 4 holes in it. The casting where thin on the short radias. No damage to the short block. Got to go Rick Lake
Old 11-08-2003, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Rick

Good to keep contact.

Thanks for the offer.

Don't worry about swapping the steering wheel over I can do just as much damage on either side.

Good to hear Bob is sorted out with the heads there.

Will look for his email.

I'm at

kni-time@bigpond.com

I hid the keys in a different place so Todd could not find them

No matter how hard he looked I had him tricked.

OooH yeah...

He had a set cut whilst I was away so he has a key to the shed and the car on his key ring. I found out when I locked everything up and he went in to borrow a tool.

Caught out

Cheers

Talk soon. When you get a chance 'Post' on the' Australian Club Forum'.

Put some of the new pictures on if you get a chance with what you are up to now!!

I will get one of the guys to 'Post' my pictures next weekend. I am taking the laptop and the disc over there as I have trouble with the size and still cannot reduce them to 'Post'.

Cheers

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Rick:

Ok, OK, I'll buy the next time at Paradise Pizza....

Jim
Old 11-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Everett-Morrison,428SCJ
Not Ranked     

Dear Bob's Boss,

When Everett-Morrison decided to take an....uh.......extended vacation, Bob was here to help me with questions that I had about my half finished E-M car, both directly and through his answers to the questions of others. I ended up buying the ERA assembly manual and found that it was more helpful in the assembly of my car than the manual from E-M. I have recommended ERA Cobras to anyone who has asked about my car, and a friend of mine just bought one of your kits.

The time that Bob spends here is hardly a waste, and not being here may end up costing ERA more in lost time and money in the long run.

-Jon Miller
Old 11-08-2003, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

I too was heavily influinced in the purchace of my ERA because of this forum.
I know that Peter does not do e-mail but I hope that someone can print this thread and show it to him.
Old 11-08-2003, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the lunch offer

Jim Holden Thanks for the offer. I only stated the truth about what I wrote. I which that you would get your car and the russion car out for next year. Bring Bruce too. I would love to see that grand sport run again. If you break anything I will fix it for FREE!! I forgot, that the factory ERA car built don't break. Only poor drivers break. Anyway Pete buys lunch. We tip. I hope that Phil, Pete, Bob and the rest of the gang read this thread and REALLY see what a great job they have and do. I would like to know what you are going to do after car 1003 is built. Pete said you where going to stop. I have a couple of questions to ask you about the other car?? I will e-mail soon. Family member and loyal owner Rick Lake ps I just brought the Shelby CSX 428 alum block for the car to match the 428 number. I am going to do something great with this one. I want the king of the hill in street next year. Big Block. Have a good day Jim.