Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Folks:

More than a dozen ERAs and a Kirkham made the run from Southington to Manchester, CT. There is nothing like seeing a row of these little jelly beans going down the road.

And it was great as always to meet and talk with fellow motormaniacs. There were cameras, so hopefully someone can put a few pictures.

Special note of appreciation to Jamie Wheaton for making the trek up, on what turned out to be a very hot day, from NJ.

Next: Lime Rock.

Jim
Old 07-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Jim,

Thanks. It was good to see you and meet some people as well. I have pictures but have to reduce them. Will post some tomorrow.

Will post tomorrow.

It was HOT in the afternoon!!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Yes, it was fun meeting all the ERA'ers and seeing the ERAs (and one Kirkham too). I will be back from a business trip on Wednesday so perhaps I can post some pictures then.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JimHolden When is Lime Rock? Hope you and the Family are doing well. If it is Labor day weekend, The Run&Gun is the weekend before. May leave the car on the trailer and bring it up. Is there any track time on Sat or Sunday? What Safety check do you need? Rick Lake
Old 07-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Since LRP is not allowed to race on Sundays they run a car show. I would doubt very much that you can get your car on the track on any day that weekend (Labor Day).

Bob
Old 07-11-2005, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Rick:

Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock is Vintage Racing only. They do not let the unwashed, heretical abominations )to them) out to play. (It's put on by the same folks that do the vintage races out in Cal-a-forn-i-a.)

Other than the Shelby show on Sunday, we hang out, watch the races, cruise the Berkshires, eat too much and basically enjoy the weekend with the admonition that; three days. fish, family and friends turn on you. ..and we prove it every year.

Jim
Old 07-11-2005, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Folks:

Here is the website for Lime Rock and the Labor Day Vintage races:

http://www.limerock.com/events_rolex.htm

Jim
Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

Jamie:
Got your email a little late about attending. Would of loved to join you for the ride up to CT, but once I found out that I may not entitled to a model, figured it was not attending.

I was very hot in NJ, so I can imagine how it was for the ride back in the afternoon. Loose a few pounds I assume.

Lets plan on getting together on the next trip.

Jim:
Will also try to attend Lime Rock on Labor Day. How many cobra's do you think will attend?

Jim

Jim
Old 07-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like you guys had a good turnout.

JW, hurry up and post some pics!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 07-11-2005, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by jamvan

Will also try to attend Lime Rock on Labor Day. How many cobra's do you think will attend?
For the last three years, (note: we had good weather so turn out was good) there were at least 80 to 100 Cobras there with perhaps 0 to 3 original 1960's CSX Cobras. It is a SAAC event and we all park at track-side in the esses area.

Now, if the weather on Sunday is not good, ie: RAIN, then all bets are off and I would imagine that the number of Cobras present would be near zero.

Last year we had cars from MA, CT, NY, Long Island NY, NJ and PA there. There were also some VT and NH plates as well

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC with 428 PI
Not Ranked     

If you NJ guys are going to Lime Rock I would like to follow you up there, no more leading for me.

It's just easier this way.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2039
Not Ranked     
Default ERA Gathering

Is the ERA gathering going to happen on Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock??? If so, When and where.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: ERA Gathering

Quote:
Originally posted by ack fia

Is the ERA gathering going to happen on Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock??? If so, When and where.
Current gathering "plans" are for us to meet on Sunday at the Classic Sports Car show. Other events like a post show gathering and Bar-B-Que and cruise are in very early stages of discussion.

Also some folks will be attending the Monday race. Again in early stages of discussion.

Frankly, the weather can dash all plans and Fubar the Classic show and race event as well as our plans.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Photos from Sunday

OK -- I have been trying to reduce 1 picture that will look good when posted. So far I can not get even 1 picture to reduce to be less than 40k and still do justice to the cars.

Any help in reducing size while keeping photo clarity would be appreciated.

LABOR DAY WEEKEND:

I am planning on going on Sunday.

Jim, Mike, Dane, Chappy and anyone else for NJ planning on going?
Old 07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wish I could have continued on with you guys to Manchester from Southington, but like my wife always sez "That behind every successful man there is a wife with a very expensive lawyer".And since it was our 20th anniversary I guess I did the right thing?But I did think later coming back from Manchester heading east must have been rough in the heat,still would have been worth it,ah ah for you guys I mean...I went home like a good boy.Our cars did look cool all together.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys:
I have posted my photos of the ERA Pizza Run into the Adobe/Kodak photo sharing website. I have not used this service before but, I took high resolution photos (too large to upload here) with my Canon Pro 1 which are suitable for up to 20"+ prints (or more).

So to get to the site, you need to send me an email (click the email button below, I need your email address to send an invite, PM's will not work) and I will "invite" you to the photo album website. You can see the photos and if you want you can order prints of your car (not manditory). There is no fee for viewing the prints.

I took the photos when most of us were inside the Southington Pizza shop having breakfast pizza. Sadly, Peter's green roadster photo did not come out, I had some jiggle in the camera. Sorry.

So email me if you want to see the gallery of photos and I will send you an invite.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Series 1 CSX5098 (w/ supercharger) & Diasio D962R Turbo race car
Not Ranked     

Jamie:

I am planning on attending, will try to make it for 2 days provided I can get a hotel room. Lets coordinate over the next couple of weeks. Would be nice if we could get a few of us from NJ there. Mike, Dane, Chappy how about any of you guys.

Jim