Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Relative to the shims mentioned per the diagram above (which is very helpful), I am assuming that hardened washers are the way to go in that application?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
Relative to the shims mentioned per the diagram above (which is very helpful), I am assuming that hardened washers are the way to go in that application?
The factory shims are one-piece plates with a hole in the middle for the "outy" centering pilot on the drive axle flange. You could use a washer, but I think that the edge of the washer would probably have to be trimmed.

We've got some extra shims here. Give me an idea of how many you'll need and I'll send some out.

Last edited by strictlypersonl; 05-15-2006 at 03:14 PM..
Old 05-15-2006, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you. I am lowering the rear of the car 1.5 - 2.00 inches (will start at 1.5"), and I am not certain what thickness/stack-up that would equate to.

If you do not mind I would be happy to either call or e-mail you with my address for shipping and to give you my billing information (actually Peter has both for #2022, which has "moved" to MN).

Thanks again - I really appreciate the help.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lindy,

1.5" is a big change. What is the chassis height under the main rails just in front of the rear suspension?

You will need something like 0.16" of shims per side to compensate.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bob,

I will measure the frame rail height as soon as we get the new wheels on the car.

Thanks again.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bob,

After installing the new Trigos, it appears that the rear of the car needs to come down 1.00", however I am not certain what shim thickness would be required for that reduction in height. Any suggestions that you might have would be much appreciated. I will call this week to provide my billing info.

Also, thank you for your help with the tach issue last week. No MSD adapter was required - I had a fuse that did not look bad, but was. The original tach now works fine straight from the MSD 6AL box.

Thank Again!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Thank you for sending the shims out. Could you please let me know what thickness/stack up will be needed to drop the rear 1.00"?

Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
Bob,

Thank you for sending the shims out. Could you please let me know what thickness/stack up will be needed to drop the rear 1.00"?

Thanks again.
0.110" of shims per side.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

You could always set the ride height and take it to an alignment shop! Not just camber will change... of course the other changes are very small. But like Bob says, set the ride height and they align! Just be sure the shop works on jag and has the shims. It is an expensive alignment but jag rear keeps an alignment well.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-16-2006, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry for the late reply.

That's the plan. There is a local shop (owned by a current Rolex Grand Am driver) that does excellent work. I'll try to post a pic or two once it is done.

Thanks!