Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Z:

The trans is approx. $1,800-1,900. depending upon your source. You will need a shifter. The first one was from Hurst, but I liked the one from Long Machine better.

Check with Bob or Peter (or Doug) at ERA as to their current recommendations. My experience with this setup is now some 15 years ago.

Jim

PS: I have a TKO in my FIA. Knowing what I know now, if I were to do it all over again I would go with the Richmond and throw the TKO into a dumpster.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 719, 302 5speed
Not Ranked     

So, I never got an answer. Does it really take 30 min to set up the top if caught out in the rain?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

I haven't pulled mine off yet but I wouldn't think so. My Upholsterer told me to attach it from the front & pull it over the hoop & snap it down to the body. I think in a warm day you shouldn't have too many problems, but who needs a top on a warm day The vinyl gets pretty stiff when cold so it may get a little more dificult to attach.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Nice set of Webers! Do you know what your base is fir jets, air correctors etc?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Anybody been by ERA lately? And did you maybe see how car #719 is comming along?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I was there today...what color is your Cobra?
Old 07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gray with black stripes. The last I saw of it is the photos on the bottom of page 2 of this thread.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Now I remember your car from before. Is that a turn key? I think it was in the same spot as before...not sure...lots of Cobras in the shop. What does Peter P say?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, turn key. I have not talked to Peter in a while. I have to haul it a long ways and was hoping to get it before winter. Trips up the Alcan Hiway in winter aren't a lot of fun!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

That's next week! Doesn't Alaska have only one week of summer? Peter can mount a wood stove inplace of the passanger seat for a heater. Just kidding!!! I love busting on people from Alaska, I guess they don't sell a lot of convertables or air conditioners up there.

Best of luck with your ERA. The quality is second to none along with their customer service.

Where did you find the 295/50/15 snow tires??
Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr
All my parts are ordered and are at ERA now. I chose to have ERA do the assembly when a friend pointed out that with my schedule it would never get finished. I realised he was right and knew I wanted to drive the car soon as possible so I just loaded up the stuff I had and sent it to them. The wait has been fun But I am really looking forward to driving the car. Last week I went for my first ride ever in a Cobra. I was given the job of driving instructor at a local Auto X, (which just amounts to showing the new folks around the track) A guy and his wife showed up with a FFR. She was having a little trouble finding her way around so I jumped at the chance to ride in that car..er..that is... show her the way around the track. Big mistake, It just made me want my car more! As to calling Peter, I have tried very hard to make sure and not be a pest. I'll just keep patiently waiting. Does it really take 30 min to assemble the top?
Go ahead and be a pest. If Peter isn't used to it, I'm sure he's come to expect it and he is good natured about it. I know how you feel about the wait. The closer it gets, the more difficult the wait. Try not to get frustrated. ERA moves at their own pace and in their own time. Just remember that when it's done, it will be the best it can be. Mine is one of those turnkeys that they are working. I've been up there three times now and plan to go back up 12 August. Mine is 289FIA #2111. metallic blue (actually 2006 ford mustang vista blue). Just came back from the painter about 2 weeks ago. The engine, 1964 289 stroked to 331, has been waiting at Danbury Competition Engines for the car for about 5 months now. I keep telling Peter that even the engine is itching to get going.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just remember...they don't get paid until it's done...and they love to get paid!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcalan
I would be interested in knowing the number, my chassis is 2112, anybody happen to know what number went to Tony's?
If the one that went to Tony wasn't yours, then yours should already have been at Tony's assuming that they progress in order of serial number. I visited ERA on my way to Skip Barber's 3-day racing school in May and your frame was laid up in the jig in the fab shop. Mine, 2111, was in powder coat (the frame), 2110 had recently returned from powder coating, 2109 was bonded and ready for paint (or delivery as a kit, I didn't ask which), and 2108 was already painted. Mine took approx 2 months at Tony's. Unfortunately it arrived at his shop just as ERA was preparing their GT Spyders, which Tony painted, and during the time that Tony was trying to get his Grand Sport ready for Carlisle. Hopefully, most of that is done and yours will move faster.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebit
That's next week! Doesn't Alaska have only one week of summer? Peter can mount a wood stove inplace of the passanger seat for a heater. Just kidding!!! I love busting on people from Alaska, I guess they don't sell a lot of convertables or air conditioners up there.

Best of luck with your ERA. The quality is second to none along with their customer service.

Where did you find the 295/50/15 snow tires??
With the summer we've been having here on the East Coast this year I imagine the Alaskans are having the last laugh. I often wish I was back there enjoying the 75-85 degree summer heat (roughly June 1 to Sept 1) and humidity that when it is high is easily tolerable! Not to mention the view of Denali (over two hundred miles away) from my backyard! I'd even take the weather we had at Collinson and Nuvagapak Pts (try to find those on your map!) over what we've had here.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With respect to my posting about the status of several of ERA's cobras; it was my February visit, not the one in May, that I observed the status of those particular serial numbers. Sorry for the mistake.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 289 FIA #2112
Not Ranked     

Yes, my FIA 2112 is now at Tony's to be painted. As you mentioned, I too expect it to take about 2 months at his shop for paint. Thats ok, it gives me more time to get the motor ready and find some more way to affordthe webers.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: ERA FIA #2114 with 331
Not Ranked     

I'm getting FIA # 2114.. According to Peter last week it should be done in this week then off to Tony's for 6 to 8 weeks..
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebit
Nice set of Webers! Do you know what your base is fir jets, air correctors etc?
Sorry, i've been so busy lately I haven't responded to you. I couldn't tell you off hand. I would pull them & give you the numbers but I have the car stored at my brothers right now to make room for other projects.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Exciting times for those of you getting your cobras soon!!! Having it all painted & ready to roll will be awsome!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MTR, I was in the shop this past week...it seems # 719 is coming along just fine, in case you're wondering...