Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     
Default ERA 2111 almost ready

I visited ERA this weekend to find out how far along my 289FIA was. It's getting close. Should be ready by the time the weather here is.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 758 KC Pond 482
Not Ranked     

Looks great, beautiful color. Which painter did you use?
Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracerbob
Looks great, beautiful color. Which painter did you use?
I had Tony, one of ERA's recommended painters up in Mass, paint it. Color is Ford "Vista Blue."
Old 02-26-2007, 08:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

WarrenG:

...and Peter wasn't there! Of course there are those that would aver that was a good thing. But I'm here to tell you that if you think you've avoided the abuse... think again.

Jim

PS: Your car looks great!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden
WarrenG:

...and Peter wasn't there! Of course there are those that would aver that was a good thing. But I'm here to tell you that if you think you've avoided the abuse... think again.

Jim

PS: Your car looks great!
Not to worry, I'll be up again soon!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

WG:

I understand your motor is in but a new dash has to be built to accomodate the clock and the wheel back space issue is still to be corrected. PEPI also indicates he (and the midget) are off to Boston to go racing this weekend. So, I'm off until the following weekend.

Spring is around the corner. You're timing couldn't be better.

Jim

PS: Post your pictures in your gallery.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 03-01-2007 at 10:29 AM..
Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 289 FIA #2112
Not Ranked     

Congratulations! The car looks awesome.

m-a
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I agree! Great looking ride...................
Jeff
Old 03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2009, Boss 302
Not Ranked     

Looks great. I believe I saw this car at ERA on 12/28. I have 9 photos of the body on frame when the car was just a shell. The car was painted w/ some aluminum work completed. The radiator was resting in the cockpit. The pictures were created w/ a 5M digital camera and are too large for uploading. I can send along via email if interested. The photo of the cockpit w/o the floor has a nice view of the frame.

Jeff
Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog
Looks great. I believe I saw this car at ERA on 12/28. I have 9 photos of the body on frame when the car was just a shell. The car was painted w/ some aluminum work completed. The radiator was resting in the cockpit. The pictures were created w/ a 5M digital camera and are too large for uploading. I can send along via email if interested. The photo of the cockpit w/o the floor has a nice view of the frame.

Jeff
That was our car. I remember the radiator in the cockpit from my trip up there 06 January. I'll take the pictures in case your camera angle is better than the one I had. I've also got pictures of 2009 when it was just a body shell bonded to the frame if your interested in those. I'm going up again tomorrow to take some more. Should be ready to ship Monday or Tuesday. According to Peter this after noon it needed the dash, driver's seat, and exhaust system and it was ready.

Word of warning to those considering the street dash, the clock is not included in the price. Unfortunately, I found that out after the dash was fabricated and had to have Jack make a new one this week. Unfortunate miscommunication between Peter and myself. Just glad we figured it out before it shipped.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WarrenG:

Your point about the importance of clear communication is a good one. There is a tendency (and I am guilty of this as well) to "evolve" the options list and add and subtract items as the car goes together. Peter is a one man band up there in terms of dealing with the whims of customers who call and want to add and subtract items from their original orders. I would suggest to anyone dealing with Peter (and this advice goes for any other company as well) that it's always a good idea to follow-up a telephone call with a confirming fax or letter.

Jim

PS: I personally find that regular visits are beneficial as well... but always take some peace offering; a provolone, a little sausage, a stuffed pepper or two, etc. This guarantees his full, undivided attention
Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll be up again after I get the car, maybe late April or early May. I'll let you know when I can and maybe we can gang up on Peter. It's kind of like hanging out at the local garage on a Saturday afternoon. Heck, it will probably be more fun not having to deal with the car's status and just being able to hang out and shoot the breeze!

As for the clock, Peter assumed I'd ask for it if I wanted it (since I had every detail of the build listed in my request) and I assumed that Peter would know that I wanted it. Pretty normal for those of us who are constantly going in all directions, we tend to assume that everybodyelse knows what we're thinking. In the end it's no big deal because I was up there to catch it before completion. Learned my lessons performing pre-shipment equipment buy-offs for a major aerospace company for 10 years. It's always easier to fix before it gets on the truck! I recommend that the buyer make up a spreadsheet (or word doc) listing every detail of the build prior to placing the order to minimize the possibility of mixups.

Should have it by the end of next week. Got the plates and tags today. Should have the insurance by the end of this week so I'll be ready to go when it gets here.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WarrenG:

As it stands now, I plan to go up to the bucolic burb of New Britain (a/k/a The Emerald City) on Saturday, visit ERA's palatial world headquarters on Dewey Street, have an audience with the Wizard (you know, the one behind the curtain), check on various projects (mostly up at R&D) and then spend some time on putting my FIA back together. ...and is our want, grab a bite to eat.

When do you pick up your car?

Jim
Old 03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Awsome! You must be foaming at the mouth waiting!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden
WarrenG:

As it stands now, I plan to go up to the bucolic burb of New Britain (a/k/a The Emerald City) on Saturday, visit ERA's palatial world headquarters on Dewey Street, have an audience with the Wizard (you know, the one behind the curtain), check on various projects (mostly up at R&D) and then spend some time on putting my FIA back together. ...and is our want, grab a bite to eat.

When do you pick up your car?

Jim
It's supposed to be delivered mid-next week. I'm heading out for SoCal Thursday for a few days (hear it's been in the 80's out there this week, probably begin raining when I get there) so I couldn't arrange for delivery sooner. I was hoping to talk Peter into bringing it down if I offer to buy dinner. BTW did here that Wizard Jr. took 1st twice out of three races? Started in 1st both times. Took 3rd in the last race, I hear he still can't pass that girl!

You know somebody really should teach the wizard how to work the internet so he can defend himself!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When I spoke with PEPI this afternoon, I think he mumbled (between bites of a sausage and hot Italian pepper grinder) something along the lines of sending your car down with Jack (the trailer ripper). Peter can't back the trailer up (something about being afraid to look in the mirror; he can't see his image, etc.).

While that may be the most practical and expeditious way of getting your car, there is something to be said about traveling up to NB to pick up your car, having the elves roll it out and fire it up. Sort of like a ship launching, without all the water flying around.

Safe journey to the "wrong" coast.

Jim

PS: Even if Peter "did" e-mail, truth is always a complete defense.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=

Safe journey to the "wrong" coast.

Jim

[/QUOTE]

It's not the "wrong" coast, it's the "Left" coast!