Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default ERA Quiz Question :)

I am off work this week, trying to finish as much of my rolling chassis as I can. Dropping the engine in tonight, hopefully. As I have inventoried the boxes from ERA, I have found this thing .. Whatizzit?

TIA,
Sam
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 739
Not Ranked     

I am thinking that is part of the hydralautic clutch linkage, but I am sure there are smarter folks out there than can answer the question.

TS
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building ERA #749 427 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Sam,
That is the alternator bracket setup. Most likely you will not be able to use the stock setup as it would put the alternator out to far and hit side of engine compartment. Also may depend on head configuration. By the way I took delivery of ERA#749 recently. Curious to know if you received all your parts.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

That is correct - it is the alternator bracker assy. The thick piece bolts to the head.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow! I never would've guessed alternator bracket. I bought the OEM Ford parts on EBay and didn't anticipate a problem. I'll let you guys know how it goes ...

Thanks!
Sam
Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 739
Not Ranked     

tells you what I know ....are you using a 427so?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSammy
Wow! I never would've guessed alternator bracket. I bought the OEM Ford parts on EBay and didn't anticipate a problem. I'll let you guys know how it goes ...

Thanks!
Sam
I used OEM Ford alt. brackets (see my gallery) and couldn't drop the engine in...the alternator interfered with the right coilover mount. Only then I found the kit bracket, and it works great.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #698 428 Toploader
Not Ranked     

ERA also sells a nice upper bracket (the adjuster) that comes a silver color. Looks like ceramic. I think it was $35.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Engine is in

Prize to Renew1 .. the OEM alternator long bolt actually hits the right front shock mount. fortunately, we had a blanket over it. Zoera, I had to cut the stock bolt off with a recip saw, rather than pull the motor out. As it happened, the blanket covered the problem till we were done. Then when I went to yank the blanket off, it was pinned to the shock mount by the bolt. Somehow in the last year of studying the manual .. this got by me

Kramer, motor is a 390, stock bore, rebuilt short block, with Edelbrock RPM heads and manifold. Edelbrock flat tappet cam and Comp roller rockers. Should be around 425 hp. I have a nice Holley 4150 HP for it
Should be ok for me .. I'm no street racer.

Sam
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Nice Car

Sam,

It that Matt working the lift? If so you should have taken a different angle. Matts head is blinding me!!

Nice Ride, I hope you get done in time for Austin in MArch

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gregg! That's John Ross standing at the lift and me kneeling working the valve Yes, I'll be in Austin in March, you can count on it. Hope to see YOU there, my friend!

Renew1, I failed to answer your question .. I received "most" of the parts. Only critical shortage were the driveshaft flange bolts which they are sending asap Also, the MCO and ID plate come under separate cover according to Peter. I'm not too impressed with the 1/4-20 battery ground terminal in the trunk, but they don't give you enough cable to go down to the bumper bracket. So I'll have to drill and tap a hole, I guess, and rough up the powder coat. Or run a long cable down the side of the trunk floor - ugh! You know, for $500 for that rear mount battery .. well, I'm still delighted with the car.

Only other problem with ERA work was the front harness. the left parking light cable was wrapped about a foot too far down the main trunk. Had to tear off the tape and pull those wires back to get them to reach.

Pulling the dash now. I was sure delighted to see that all the harnesses are completely terminated and ready to plug and play - woo! Major time savings!

Sam