Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

My fantasy is to get it to Carlisle... but it's a long shot. The seats still have to be done (the leather will be delivered tomorrow) and we are still waiting for the splined hubs and "AC" knock-offs to arrive from England.

Jim
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 208, 428CJ
Not Ranked     

Jim

Car looks fabulous.... I look forward to seeing more about this very special project !

Mike
Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Jim,

Wow ... that is gong to be a beautiful car!

Some questions ...

What width wire wheels are you gong to run front and rear? Are they chrome or painted?

Is the custom ERA rear suspension compatible with the slab side frame / body ?

I realize, that the ERA suspension, precludes the use of the under car exhaust ... which really goes with this car. Just curious.

Thanks.

- Tim
Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

TKB:

The wheels are 6" (as original) chrome wire wheels both front and rear. Tire size is 15"x 215/70.

I am using the standard ERA Jag rear iinboard rear brake setup, albeit, with track narrowed 1". I don't know if the out board brake ERA rear could be similarly modified to fit, but have found that if you waterboard Bob Putnam enough he can usually find a way to accomplish things.

It will have undercar exhaust.

Jim

PS: The motor went in yesterday and the trans, etc is due to go in today.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden View Post
Of course that will require more pics. Shoot them to me in an email and they will magically appear on this thread....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
TKB:

Pictures, mmmmmuuuuuussssssttttttt hhhhhaaaaaaavvvvvveeeeeeeee ppppiiiiccccttttttuuuuurrrrreeeeesssswsssss

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Era 289 ss

Jim -

Looks FANTASTIC. Boy, if I wasn't retired...I'd be right in line behind you for one of those babies. I always thought
a nice, quiet, subtle slab-side would make a nice garage-mate for my fire-belching, piped & striped FIA.

Keep up the good work!

regards,

Jeff
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Another beautiful job from ERA

Jim Holden That's one sharp car, hope you can get it to Kit Car show in Carlisle. Even if it is not done. Any Chance of a Westlake small block ending up in this car with webers?? Are you going with a rollbar or hood scoop? I like the way it looks in the pictures already. If you can get Peter to pay a little overtime, I am sure that Doug and the guys will have it ready. Is there any money in the overtime account, that's the question. If you watch TV, Foose builds a complete car in a week. ERA has a great crew, they will get it done. I have not seen them fail yet. Jimyou are going to need another car lift in the garage for this one. Hope everything else is OK. Hope to see you in 2 weeks. Rick L.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK LAKE View Post
If you can get Peter to pay a little overtime, I am sure that Doug and the guys will have it ready.
It's amazing what you can get out of them if you just tell them what you want and then throw money at them. And BTW, Jim H. is the overtime account.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for the positive response to my latest lunacy.

Pictures when I can get them!

Rick, the car will not have scoops, a roll bar, Webers, etc. I am attempting to (at least visually) make it as close to the way the small blocks came off the boat from AC 45 years ago. As Jeff has suggested, my attempt here is to have this alongside my FIA, one lean and the other mean.

The goal is Carlisle (along with my ERAGT2077), but it will be a thrash and OT bribes, etc. alone wont do it. The boyz need to be inspired! (...and I think they are by this little project). So, time will tell.

Jim

PS: ...and Jeff, maybe you need to unretire for awhile...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default *poof*

Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Patrick!

Jim

PS: The ERA Owners need to plan for a little gathering at the SAAC Convention in Beaverrun this August....
Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Ok, that is awsome!
Keep pictures coming, guess it is time for a visit to ERA in the near future?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

That's one beautiful car, but it sounds like the wait could be 1-2 years?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcalan View Post
Wow, FANTASTIC. Any chance it will be at Carlisle this year?
Are you going to bring your car to Carlisle? It might be a good opportunity since you are selling it.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rod:

The wait is the same as any other ERA. You need to check with Peter at ERA as to the current status of the "list."

"Sometimes, to get what you want requires tenacity and patience..."

Jim

PS: My ERAGT was fired up for the first time yesterday, so next week I plan to have all three of my cars at the show; the FIA, the slabside and the GT. For the first time, ever, all the cars in my trailer will be mine.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 05-06-2009 at 09:56 AM..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Jim, I'm just toying with the idea at the moment, among a couple of others too, so I didn't want to bother Peter with a phone call, when he could be working on getting your car ready for next week.

I'm not familiar with the ERA wait time, but I am familiar with their outstanding reputation, and was curious about the "queue."
Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

GREAT JOB by all...... My first car being an MGA, and my third car a 260 Tiger. I understand how you feel about the first Cobras. When I found out about Cobra Replicas 3 years ago. My heart was set on a slabside. For me it is the combination of these 2 cars. Then the economy took a dump along with starting a new business....OUCH

The business is now starting to accelerate, and ERA is bringing a more affordable car to the arena without going to England. High five to you Jim for pushing them through the evelope, and of course high five to ERA for giving in, and producing yet another beauty!.....lolololol......i2f
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks guys for the positive response to my latest lunacy.

Pictures when I can get them!

Rick, the car will not have scoops, a roll bar, Webers, etc. I am attempting to (at least visually) make it as close to the way the small blocks came off the boat from AC 45 years ago. As Jeff has suggested, my attempt here is to have this alongside my FIA, one lean and the other mean.
Absolutely beautiful Jim! ERA could have another winner on their hands...like they're not busy enough.

And if anyone buys a slabside and tries to put a roll bar in it....well ERA should just refuse to sell the car to them.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
And if anyone buys a slabside and tries to put a roll bar in it....well ERA should just refuse to sell the car to them.
To their credit, they did insist that Jim discretely tuck the nitrous button up under the dash.