Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Mooch..

who painted it?...looks great
Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

Walt and Walt Jr. at CT Custom. Great guys. Great paint.

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     

a lot of us that ride motorcycles wear heated vest that gets plugged in, keeps the torso warm thus the rest of the body. Minimal wiring and the same type of plug used for battery chargers, easy to hide.

I got the heater installed from ERA however I do not have it connected, so far no need for the vest or the heat yet.
dennis
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

After reading these threads for several months now, I decided it was about time to make my first post. Hopefully I will be getting an ERA in the next several years, but this is not about me, this is about your questions. You have talked about the seat heater issue, and living in Phoenix, I understand your debate to get them or not. We recently rented a Cadillac and it had heated/cooling seats. I did some research on this subject and found the company that makes these devices is Amerigon. I haven't heard if they will sell to the general public or if they only sell to major car companies, but I figured it's a good place to start.

Obviously A/C wouldn't make any sense with this kind of car, but this little device would cool your seat while you are in it and can switch to a heater as well. You could use one of those on-off-on switches to determine if you want the device to cool or heat your seat. This would make those hot days in Florida more manageable and keep your wife happy at the same time.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had a great suggestion about using heating seats, but it was my first post and it looks like a moderator needs to approve it or something. How do I send a message to mod's here?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuba Steve View Post
I had a great suggestion about using heating seats, but it was my first post and it looks like a moderator needs to approve it or something. How do I send a message to mod's here?
We are never that far away...

Welcome and have fun

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like their are starting to sell aftermarket:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....199&highlight=

My father-in-law has cooling seats, made by this company, in his Lincoln MKX. Definitely a nice addition in Florida - especially if you are wearing a business suit.

The issue would be that you would need to redo the entire seating structure - and the leather would need to be vented. This is a problem in a roadster that may see rain.

I'm installing the waterproof pads from warmseats.com. The guys at ERA are mounting the switches under the dash, not visible, so you just feel for the switch under the dash. This retains the original look.

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.

Last edited by Mooch; 02-24-2010 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Getting close to the end, with more pics in my gallery. This one is a little tweaked for effect using the "Toy Camera" preset in Aperture 3:

ERA Registry Map

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Mooch,

Nice effect with the photo and great color choices. Looks like both cars are getting pretty close, any idea as to when you get to take your beauty home ?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

I found some more pics of the mooch-mobile from last week's visit:

Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #775
Not Ranked     

Great shots of Mooch's car. You can really see how packed in ERA is right now with cars.

-Ray
Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Finished and should be on the truck by Tuesday:

ERA Registry Map

Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, congratulations on being able to get it completed so quickly!

Have you looked into what it's going to take to get it on the road in your state?

Best of luck to you!

-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Finished and should be on the truck by Tuesday:

Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Florida registration is actually one of the easiest. No inspection, no need to bring car to DMV. Just need the MSO and one form filled out and you are good to go. I'm setting up my insurance during transport, so once it gets here it'll be ready to drive within 24 hours.

ERA Registry Map

Old 04-23-2010, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Looks great, Mooch! I'll miss it on my visits to the toy factory.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Mooch,

Wow ... another ERA beauty. I bet it will be as fun to drive, as it is to look at

Congratulations !!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Florida registration is actually one of the easiest. No inspection, no need to bring car to DMV. Just need the MSO and one form filled out and you are good to go. I'm setting up my insurance during transport, so once it gets here it'll be ready to drive within 24 hours.

That's great news! Be sure to take pics of your first drive.

-Ray
Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So ERA #783 was delivered Saturday morning by Intercity Lines, who by the way did an excellent job. The car is f'n perfect and exactly what has been in my head for the last twenty odd years. ERA really does phenomenal work. Gestation was 10 months 16 days for a turn-key.

As I couldn't title it over the weekend, there was a lot of waxing and polishing going on, with some carb tuning as well. It has already drawn first blood - stuck my finger on the end of a safety wire while cleaning the wheels. I titled it and registered it Monday afternoon, yesterday, and I have about 50 miles on it already - 50 very slow and careful miles.

Many thanks to ERA, Robert Pond, and CT Custom Cars for a job really well done.

I'll be taking a ton of pictures of the entire car this upcoming weekend, but for now here are some quick pictures before the first real drive with my wife:

ERA Registry Map

Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

That is super-cool. Take it very, very easy for the first 500 miles -- don't even "get on it" much.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Mooch, congrats! It's a beaut! Best of luck.

Tags
firewall, gear ratios, seat heaters, spectrum, tko-600