Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for E.M. tech data

Anybody with a E.M. series III with jag rear know the suspension specs ? (both front and rear)
How about setting up the brake balance bar? Have very high pedal pressure with little braking effect. Wilwoods front and jags in back.
Annnnnd; where can I get spanners for the Aldan shocks and how are the adjustment knobs calibrated (1-6? soft to stiff?)
TIA
Ted R
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You can contact Aldan at www.aldaneagle.com and go through their E-mail link to ask about adjustments. They do sell the spanner wrench you are looking for. I'll try and contact some of my friends who used to work for E-M in Florida to ask about the balance bar adjustments. I hope I've been some help to you. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ex-cb;
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

MOTORHEAD,

I have an E-M. I think it's a Series 3

It has Jag 3.8S rear axles and wishbones with four Aldan shocks. Not sure what you mean by "suspension specs" but if you can be a bit more specific I'll try to help.

My front suspension is Mustang II with a 1993 power steering rack and Aldan shocks. I believe the higher numbers are stiffer settings on the shocks. Keep in mind that with the single adjustment Aldans, the only adjustment is for rebound. If you have the double adjustables, then it's both ways.

I have a single master cylinder with power brakes so no help on balance bar; I use one master cylinder and a manual proportioning valve. My fronts are 13" Mustang Cobra brakes. The booster is from a Subaru. Works well.

Dunno if this helps,

Tom
Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply! By specs I mean caster, camber, toe settings.
The brakes are jag rear, wilwood front, separate tilton masters for front and rear.
The aldan site gave me the info I was looking for regarding the shocks, thanks for the lead.
Our front suspension is (I believe) E.M. built-up tubular a-arms. & someones forged spindles.
Ted R.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VSE alum. frame, FFR carbonfiber body (under construction)
Not Ranked     

Not to put too fine a point on it but most "single adjustment" shocks, the adjustment actually does change both compression and rebound. The difference is the effect (of the adjustment) on compression is maybe 1/10(?) of the effect on rebound....much less noticable and certainly not as independent as it would be on double adjustable.
My 2 cents.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I'm no expert, but I'll take a shot at the brake balance bar question. Unless the bar is way off to one side, making the rear brakes do all the work, I don't think it would cause a hard pedal with little braking action. A more likely cause is either a mismatch between the master cylinder diameter and the wheel caliper diameters (e.g., MC diameter is too large), or too short a lever arm on the brake pedal. Either of these conditions can cause the driver to have to exert very high pedal pressure to cause enough movement in the calipers to stop the car.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

MOTORHEAD,

Here's a rear setting that I found on the internet:

Rear Wheel Camber Angle 3/4°±1/4°negative
Rear Wheel Alignment Parallel ±1/32 in.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...#ixzz0jwXByao5

There are shims next to the differential that are used to set the camber. Also, be very sure your rear wheel bearings are good and set properly before you start changing anything in the rear, otherwise you could just start chasing your tail.

I use CWI for all my Jag rear info, see here: http://www.cwiinc.com/index.html

Mike is a really good source for Jag rear info, parts and service.

As to the front, mine has the E-M Pinto spindles with E-M tubular A-arms. I use 1/16" toe-in, a fair amount of caster and camber, maybe 3-1/2 to 4 degrees positive (spindle leaning toward the rear at its top) caster (I have power steering, for manual you might want a degree or so less) and a bit of positive camber which I forgot exactly, sorry.

If you do a search on the caster/camber specs you should be able to find a bit more specific data...

Tom
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tom & Tommy: Thanks guys, good info!
Ted