Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Newb looking at a complete car -what do you think of this build?

Hi, I'm a newb here and to Cobra rep's. I'm just looking for a fun weekend car.

I'm looking at this car, anything component wise that sticks out? I'll do some searchs on the forum but if you have time to include anything in particular I should be looking for I'd appreicate it.

Cobra Factory Five 2006 Model with only 2,700 miles. Fresh and gorgeous Sebring Silver with Black Racing Stripes, Black interior, 15” Halibrand style Knock Off wheels,8.8” Rear with a 3:73 rear ratio, four wheel disc brakes, Ford T-5 Speed transmission, Smith Gauges, 3 spoke Cobra wood wheel, Coil Overs, Ceramic Coated Side pipes and headers, 5 point seat belts and harness. 302 V8 Mustang engine bored .30 over with Ford GT40 Aluminum Heads, Ford Roller Rockers, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 600 double pumper carb, Ford racing cam, Mallory Unilite distributor, MSD Blaster coil, MSD Heli-Core spark plug wires, remote oil filter, Chrome Roll Bar.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
It sounds like a nice car. If you just want a weekend cruiser you might want to consider just how radical the engine is and the low gears. The gears will cause you to run more RPMs for say cruising at 70 MPH than you might like. The transmission split is something else to look at. Is it a .6 or .8. The .6 would make the 5th gear more of an overdrive and cut down the cruising RPMs. But over all it sounds like a very nice car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you, as soon as the weather clears up here I'm going to take it for test drive.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Nice looking car, but is it worth the $34,900 they are asking for it HERE that remains to be seen.

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeone View Post
Hi, I'm a newb here and to Cobra rep's. I'm just looking for a fun weekend car.

I'm looking at this car, anything component wise that sticks out? I'll do some searchs on the forum but if you have time to include anything in particular I should be looking for I'd appreicate it.

Cobra Factory Five 2006 Model with only 2,700 miles. Fresh and gorgeous Sebring Silver with Black Racing Stripes, Black interior, 15” Halibrand style Knock Off wheels,8.8” Rear with a 3:73 rear ratio, four wheel disc brakes, Ford T-5 Speed transmission, Smith Gauges, 3 spoke Cobra wood wheel, Coil Overs, Ceramic Coated Side pipes and headers, 5 point seat belts and harness. 302 V8 Mustang engine bored .30 over with Ford GT40 Aluminum Heads, Ford Roller Rockers, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 600 double pumper carb, Ford racing cam, Mallory Unilite distributor, MSD Blaster coil, MSD Heli-Core spark plug wires, remote oil filter, Chrome Roll Bar.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-31-2010, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Nice looking car, but is it worth the $34,500 they are asking for it HERE that remains to be seen.

Bill S.
Yep that's the one, that place is high $$ on all of their stuff. I'm thinking $30k if all checks out perfect? What do you think? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Two web site articles on purchasing a Cobra:

http://redlinereview.com/articles/fe...replica-part-1

http://redlinereview.com/articles/fe...replica-part-2

Might also want to view Cobra Country to obtain the asking prices, features, etc of other Cobras, including FFR, that are for sale

http://www.cobracountry.com/

FFR will be introducing their new model in mid-Feb, unknown whether there will be an impact, if any, on pricing for older models

http://www.factoryfive.com/roadster/update/Mk4.html
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They are always painfully high at that place and sometimes stubborn. The bottom line is Houston is a hot market for Cobra's especially at that price. It may not be worth that but they will sell it to someone for that price. In good times they were selling new spf's for low 70's!! Some of their stock is consignment so all they have into it is a parking spot. I would have no heartburn offereing $30K and if they said no walk out and look for another or wait for the call back. If I were going Mid 30's I would be looking for a BDR unless I knew the factory five build in detail. If it is a reputable builder no problem. BDR and SPF are factory assemlbed be it good or bad they are consistent.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&B cobra

you might want to call a guy In Florida Kevin is his name he has a new B&B blue with white stripes 351w 5 speed trans 0 miles he told me he would take 26,500 for the car his number is 727 236-0126