Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-30-2001, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Ok guys. I am in the market and have been researching for some time. Of course I bought Curt Scott's Compete guide to Cobra Replicas 3rd edition. There is a VERY interesting article on Factory Five. And none too kind. Has there been any sort of rebuttal from FFR? Or should I take his comments about lack of safety consideration, shoddy materials and craftsmanship and engineering and poor resale value as the gospel truth and look elsewhere?

Dr
Old 03-30-2001, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Dr. this is old news and has been talked about way too much. However people still read his rag and it's sad that this has to be gone over again.
First I have to point out that when I was in the market I bought his "book" and he highly praised the ffr and this was the final straw in my desision to build a ffr, haven't regretted my choise for a second. I love the whole concept and design. Now it wasn't perfect but for the price I feel I got a great deal.
In the very next issue, all the sudden I was informed that I bought the worst affront to the kit car industry in it's history??????

I have to say some of the things he mentioned where somewhat correct, ffr had corrected the problems and when I e mailed mr Scott about taking another look, he e mailed me back calling me a "brown shirted ffr fanatic". He doesn't know me, and I had even praised him for being partly responsible for helping.

It's also important to know that the car he shows in his article is in a competitors shop, one that he seem to like promoting.

If your looking to have a fun time building a cobra don't pass up lookinggat the ffr, talk to the owners, you'll find a wealth of information and some beautiful cars. Ask youself, why is ffr selling more total cars then anyone else if it's a piece of crap?
Check some out, you be the judge.
Old 08-31-2001, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by russ thompson
Ask youself, why is ffr selling more total cars then anyone else if it's a piece of crap?

Hmmmmm, Price ??????

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage
Old 08-31-2001, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Talking I'll call...

.....I think I'll call the Weavers and ask them to hurry up on your car.

What are you doing sitting home on a Friday afternoon answering 5-month old dead threads?
Old 08-31-2001, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: I'll call...

Quote:
Originally posted by computerworks
.....I think I'll call the Weavers and ask them to hurry up on your car.

What are you doing sitting home on a Friday afternoon answering 5-month old dead threads?

Please do... Day off and this thread came up in todays new post list.

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage
Old 11-19-2001, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I bought Curt's rag and wish I had returned it. It's clear to me that it's simply a tool to make money via advertising. Aside from the FFR article, THERE WAS NO INFO there! He told me on the phone that he heard FFR had addressed some of the problems. So far I have found FFR to be very good to deal with, except many parts were back ordered when my car arrived. I received 99% of them within the two weeks, and the rest have come in within the first 6 (nothing that would hold up progress). Tech support always answers too. The seams in the body were worse than I expected (some panels were 1/8 to 1/4 inch off and required grinding and filling). I also was concerned when I realized the drivers and passenger's legs have no protection from side impact, but hopefully the odds of getting T-boned are slim. I'm very happy with my car! -Steve
Old 11-19-2001, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Creeper,

Are you suggesting an FFR can't be as nice of a car as a Unique ??

Mike