Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default FE aluminum blocks options and pricing

Shelby has a few blocks available right now and wanted to give you guys some pricing. Standard bore stuff that is about 4.245 to be finished honed to 4.250 are 6195.00 and the big bore stuff is 500.00 more. The head studs that you will have to use are 285.00. This is a discount to our normal prices. Shelby retails the block at 7195.00 and the studs at 385.00. You will have to do your normal finish machining on the blocks.
Pond blocks are 5195.00 and come in 4.240 to be finished to 4.250 or can be bored up to 4.310 if you would like. The head studs for the Pond block run 250.00. Same as the Shelby all normally block finish work will need to be done. If we can help you with any of your aluminum block needs just let us know.

Thanks, Keith Craft
870-246-7460
Old 11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Mk1V AK1301, Roush ally 427, AK1061, 302
Not Ranked     

Keith,
I have an alloy 427. It is in a AC Mk1V that went to the USA without engine & tranny. The engine was built and installed by Jack Roush Racing in 1990. This was a special order by a Japanese enthusiast. There is a story of it in Sports Car International 12/90.
The engine looks like a Pond. There are no identifying marks and no engine number stamped anywhere. Definitely 427 side oiler, cross bolt, alloy heads & block.
Anyway, it seems it dislodged a valve seat with the usual damage before my ownership.
Block OK, 1 head no good, 1 piston damaged (1 mark).
My question is where do I go to get an alloy head (s) with good alloy that won't drop inserts? Originally had roller rockers.
Regards
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

I am not sure what you have there. The Pond stuff was not made until about 2007 or so. May be some old Dove stuff that you have. I would just replace both heads. We use Edelbrock and Pond and they both work fine. We have them in CNC ported versions that work well and they run about 2600.00 to 3000.00. Feel free to call us at 870-246-7460.

Thanks, Keith