Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance aluminum427
Not Ranked     
Default Heads

All I can tell you is watch out for the heli coils in the heads for the rocker shaft stands they will pull out when using studs if you run them in till they touch bottom. The stud will pull them out when you go to torque the nut, back stud off 2 or 3 turns after it touches bottom, then torque. Don't like the helicoils, inserts are better
Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8 View Post
I have built and sold more of these heads than anyone. I can tell you anything you need to know about them as well as the best intake to run for the application. When you have done these engines for 25 years you find out what works and what does not as well as what to use in any situation. You can ask 10 people and get 10 different answers because most do not know. Not rocket science on any of this just a lot of dyno time and track time. If I can help just let me know, I can sell you the parts to do ecactly what you want and make the power that you want.
I do engines so I will not tell you what to do about the foundation of your house or how to do brain surgery because I have not done that work yet.

Thanks, Keith Craft
What he said is probably your best technical and practical source. I have a set of the Edelbrock's that were prepared by Keith. I'd buy them again.

I've previously owned original iron heads, another competitor's aluminum heads, and these Edelbrocks.

David
Old 10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nothing like a spammer opening a near 10 year old thread...
Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
Nothing like a spammer opening a near 10 year old thread...
+1 Agreed.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default KC FE CNC stage 2 heads intake + exhaust port volume

Hello Keith,
On your FE CNC stage 2 heads what are the intake + exhaust port volume as well as combustion chamber volume?
Thanks, josh
Old 02-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

It has been five years since the last post. I would call or email Keith

Dwight
Old 02-28-2015, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I bought a set for my 428 CJ many years ago (about1995)when they first became available. I sent them to Engine Systems in Atlanta for a valve job and to make sure they were good before I installed them. Last year after 40k miles I had the engine rebuilt and I had the heads CNC ported, all new titanium locators and keepers along with larger valves and new springs. They have 3500 miles on them and so far working great. BTW the engine made 585HP and 564 Torque. I have the Dove tunnel wedge with 2 ea 600 Holleys.

Last edited by carbide; 02-28-2015 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a friend that put a set of the 6006 on his 352 right ou of the box and after much grief he found the new heads had a couple of the valves stuck. This was in the last 3 months. The remedy was valve job with new guides.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA 626 View Post
I anm to building a 428 FE for my ERA car and now all of you guys have me concerned!! I just bolted mine on but now you guys have me thinking twice! Should I take my motor apart and get them re-done and if so what shall I have done and why???
thanks,
Mike
wow I am on vacation bored while the wife gets ready doing her hair... I started looking through these old posts and stumbled across my old post here...

I was concerned about these heads as I was a ROOKIE, over the last 16 years on owning/building motors I have learned a great deal about clearances and spring pressure.
I ended up bolting those heads on my 428 right out of the box (advice from a friend)... BIG MISTAKE with in 10 min on the run stand my cam went flat! needless to say. I should have NEVER done that. lesson learned. I ended up sending the entire 428 to guessford machine and having him build me a CSX aluminum 427 (454) for me...

a year or so later that motor had problems related to the way the valve train was shimmed, valve spring pressure... again lesson learned. I fixed it my self and 13 years later zero issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: