Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     
Default Manifold search

I am searching for a FE intake manifold C3AE 9425H (dual 4 barrels carbs) or a similar one . If you have one for sale, please send me a P.M.
This has to fit on a 482 alu Shelby block equipped with Edelbrock performer rpm alu heads.. I would accept to buy any other one providing the height is not higher than the original C3AE 9425H due to my hood clearance.
(My old one became too porous....)
Old 04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Try E-Bay and the FE Forumn

BOURRET Have you tryed the FE forumn and E-Bay. I would start there. What car did this manifold come on? There is a club for just about every make,model, and year on the web. Rick
Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Not Ranked     

This manifold comes from a 63 FE....but the details are unknown since when I bought my Cobra ten years ago, its owner did not know anything about mechanical parts and that the previous owner (before the one I met) is impossible to reach....address unknow, no registered phone number.....
I know that the C3AE 9425H is a rare manifold, used for high performance. I will look on Mustang clubs as you suggest and other Fords;
Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     
Smile

There is a '''J''' version of this on EBAY @ moment- Auction number---270230214968--- 1 day + to go.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You need a medium riser to match your eboks. I don't believe that manifold will work for you. It's a 427 sourced low riser. You'll have to epoxy the bottom of the ports the get any kind of match. Your performance will sufffer too, especially with that 482. The medium risers came about in 65, if I remember correctly. Get one for the dual quad "WOW" factor but at the expense of quite a few ponies.

Dave
Old 04-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
There is a '''J''' version of this on EBAY @ moment- Auction number---270230214968--- 1 day + to go.
Thanks. I looked at it; I will try to obtain its exact dimensions. This could be a temporary help.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
You need a medium riser to match your eboks. I don't believe that manifold will work for you. It's a 427 sourced low riser. You'll have to epoxy the bottom of the ports the get any kind of match. Your performance will sufffer too, especially with that 482. The medium risers came about in 65, if I remember correctly. Get one for the dual quad "WOW" factor but at the expense of quite a few ponies.

Dave
Thanks for the remarks.
The height between the bottom of the manifold and its maximum height is very critical, I think I have about 1/4 inch clearance available!!!
My actual (porous C3EA 9425) had been carefully re-worked three years ago to match the Edelbrock performer cyl. heads.
What would you see to save the "ponies" ? Switch to a big single quad carb???
Old 04-28-2008, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOURRET View Post
Thanks for the remarks.
The height between the bottom of the manifold and its maximum height is very critical, I think I have about 1/4 inch clearance available!!!
My actual (porous C3EA 9425) had been carefully re-worked three years ago to match the Edelbrock performer cyl. heads.
What would you see to save the "ponies" ? Switch to a big single quad carb???
Depending what manifold height you have available you might not have enough room for even a good flowing single carb two plane, much less a single plane. I'm running a Blue Thunder 427 MR on my KC Pond 482. Keith said that it would flow well for my application (Stage II CNC'd eboks, 11 to 1 and 240/250 @ 640 hydraulic roller) It's actually about 1/4" taller than the Performer RPM. I'd like to switch to a Super Victor but like you am space limited for that height. What's your max clearance measurements, manifold base to carb pad height (front and rear) Blue Thunder does make a medium riser dual quad set up, not knowing if it'll meet your clearance requirements. I like the Blue Thunder manifolds as the are fairly accurate clones of the OEM stuff, with flow enhancements too.

Depending on your setup, probably +/- 20 hp drop... maybe more, on running a low riser.

Dave
Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Depending what manifold height you have available you might not have enough room for even a good flowing single carb two plane, much less a single plane. I'm running a Blue Thunder 427 MR on my KC Pond 482. Keith said that it would flow well for my application (Stage II CNC'd eboks, 11 to 1 and 240/250 @ 640 hydraulic roller) It's actually about 1/4" taller than the Performer RPM. I'd like to switch to a Super Victor but like you am space limited for that height. What's your max clearance measurements, manifold base to carb pad height (front and rear) Blue Thunder does make a medium riser dual quad set up, not knowing if it'll meet your clearance requirements. I like the Blue Thunder manifolds as the are fairly accurate clones of the OEM stuff, with flow enhancements too.

Depending on your setup, probably +/- 20 hp drop... maybe more, on running a low riser.

Dave
I will go to my garage this evening (it is a few miles from my home) and I will make the measurements. I never looked at Blue Thunder until now but I am interested by your set up which seems excellent. A Blue Thunder dual quad could be the solution.
Thanks again!!!!.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I couldn't find the specs but here's a pic..

Dave

Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The flow is very likely different from the FE C3AE9425H just looking at the openings in contact with the carburetors. It would worth trying.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

What about a Tunnel Wedge?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

http://www.ffcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1584231
Old 04-29-2008, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'd talk to Barry, Keith, George or Tom to get a professional FE builder's thoughts on the C3AE-H on a prepped 482 but IMO you'll be capping your HP dramatically. Can you lower the engine or drop your air cleaner any?

Dave
Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Another idea for the manifold

BOURRAT If you have to have this manifold for your car, Get it flow balanced for all the ports. Joe craine does a great job at this. If you need metal added to the bottom for more port surface, he can do this. It may not flow like a single plane BT manifold but the ports will be bigger and within 5% of each other. The cool thing is you can't is the magic work he does, but will feel it in the car. He is on the FE forum. Has done 40+ manifolds for the FE forum guys alone. Very good price and his work is beautiful. I would guess at a 20-40 cfm per port with some modes to the carb mounting area. If you want an e-mail address I will get it for you unless some one here aready has it. Rick L.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtm442 View Post
I just sent a message to the seller.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'd talk to Barry, Keith, George or Tom to get a professional FE builder's thoughts on the C3AE-H on a prepped 482 but IMO you'll be capping your HP dramatically. Can you lower the engine or drop your air cleaner any?

Dave
Tried to phone to Keith but he was not there today. I think he will be of great help.
Lowering the engine would be difficult and time consuming. And the air filter is already minimum in height.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK LAKE View Post
BOURRAT If you have to have this manifold for your car, Get it flow balanced for all the ports. Joe craine does a great job at this. If you need metal added to the bottom for more port surface, he can do this. It may not flow like a single plane BT manifold but the ports will be bigger and within 5% of each other. The cool thing is you can't is the magic work he does, but will feel it in the car. He is on the FE forum. Has done 40+ manifolds for the FE forum guys alone. Very good price and his work is beautiful. I would guess at a 20-40 cfm per port with some modes to the carb mounting area. If you want an e-mail address I will get it for you unless some one here aready has it. Rick L.
OK: look at your P.M. (personal messages)