Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Finish Line--- Speak with Paula & Enzo

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Shell Valley 351W
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Finish Line Accessories Shipping Charges

Has anyone else gotten peev'd that Finish Line Accessories (finishlineaccessories.com) "secretly" adds shipping costs onto your order without your approval, and you only find out about it after you receive your order and see that your order cost has somehow risen 30%?

I ordered a DVD ("Bitten by the Snake") for $38 from them after shopping for the best deal on the web. No shipping cost was mentioned during checkout, I gave my credit card number, and made the purchase. After I received the DVD, I discovered they tacked on $12 shipping, which is also ridiculously expensive just to mail a DVD, besides the fact they never got my approval. Had I known they were going to tack on $12, I would've purchased the DVD elsewhere.

The owner, Enzo Alibrandi, is playing dumb.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Interesting...they DO publish their shipping policy though on their website, so they may not be trying to be disingenuous here! How does this policy differ from what you paid extra?

Finish Line Accessories Shipping Policies

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

I am going to change the title of your thread.
You may be pissed at Finishline, but in fairness...it is not a "scam"

I hope you work it out to your satisfaction.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynMeek View Post
Interesting...they DO publish their shipping policy though on their website, so they may not be trying to be disingenuous here! How does this policy differ from what you paid extra?

Finish Line Accessories Shipping Policies

How does it differ? My total was $38 at checkout. That's what I paid for. A small note buried on a separate page does not constitute my approval for them to rape me on shipping costs.

I wouldn't have cared as much had it been $4 for shipping, which is a lot more reasonable to ship a little DVD, or if the cost had been disclosed when I made the purchase. But to tack on overly expensive shipping costs without my approval after I paid for the order is terrible business.

No company I've dealt with before has just added any shipping amount they wish without approval.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
I am going to change the title of your thread.
You may be pissed at Finishline, but in fairness...it is not a "scam"

I hope you work it out to your satisfaction.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Ron,
"Scam" is an accurate description. Just because they have ad's on this site doesn't mean you have to tip-toe.

Put yourself in my shoes for a moment. Have you ever dealt with a company that bills more than you agreed? How much extra would they have to tack on afterward before you would consider it a scam?

The purpose of this thread is to educate other customers and prevent anyone else from being taken.

Regards,
Doug
Old 02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Doug have you ever bought a DVD or CD online from say Amazon or one of the others $12 seems to be the going rate. I've bought numerous parts etc. from Finishline and dealing with the Albrandi's has always been a pleasure. They aren't "scamming" anyone if anything they are probably one of the most respected suppliers in the Cobra community.
Sometimes you need to read the fine print. No one was in your words "taken" you just failed to do your homework before ordering, IMO.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Paula is a delightful lady to deal with. Very professional and a good person. Enzo is kindof a "non-entity". I think she does all the work, and he has fun all day playing with cars.

________
Old 02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R. View Post
Doug have you ever bought a DVD or CD online from say Amazon or one of the others $12 seems to be the going rate. I've bought numerous parts etc. from Finishline and dealing with the Albrandi's has always been a pleasure. They aren't "scamming" anyone if anything they are probably one of the most respected suppliers in the Cobra community.
Sometimes you need to read the fine print. No one was in your words "taken" you just failed to do your homework before ordering, IMO.
They put the DVD in a US Mail Priority package, which would've cost $4 to mail. Then they shipped it via UPS.

Amazon will ship a DVD for free if it's over $25, otherwise they charge $2.98. Who's not doing their homework?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

I just placed an order for several items yesterday from Finishline. There was no added charge for shipping as I placed my order and checked out from their web site. I have received a few verification e-mails on my order and again none of them show a shipping charge. From this point I was not expecting one to be added.

BUTTTTTTT now that I have gone back and read their shipping policy (after the fact), it states that they will had a shiping charge that will be what ever UPS or the Postal Service charges to ship the item plus a nominal $3.00 to $5.00 charge for boxing/packaging the order. So it sounds like they are not adding any thing or making a profit from the shipping charge, just passing it on. The only down fall I see to this is that if you do not read their shipping policy before placing an order you are not aware there will be one added. I guess you assume the shipping is either free, or added in the the cost of the product, however there is nothing stating free shipping or anything like that either.

Just need to read their shipping policy before placing the order, then you will know it will be added but you will not know how much, unless you call them maybe.

My order comes in next week, I guess I will see then what it cost for me to get it.

I agree, I would not consider this a scam, it may not be what everyone is use to or expect to see, but they do tell us they will be adding / passing on the shipping charge, what ever it is.

Jim
Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DacotaCO View Post
They put the DVD in a US Mail Priority package, which would've cost $4 to mail. Then they shipped it via UPS.

Amazon will ship a DVD for free if it's over $25, otherwise they charge $2.98. Who's not doing their homework?
So why don't you just give Paula a call and see what she says. Wouldn't that be the FIRST thing to do????

________
Old 02-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

I've been ordering parts for my Cobra through Finishline for about four years and have always been charged fairly & received great customer service. When I ordered my first part from them, I didn't see a shipping charge so I went to their shipping charges policy & found out what it would be.

I agree with G.R., the Alibrandi's aren't "scamming" anyone & they are highly respected in their business.

I would recommend them to anyone & feel good about it.

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraEd View Post
So why don't you just give Paula a call and see what she says. Wouldn't that be the FIRST thing to do????

I corresponded with Enzo a few times today. I see no way to contact Paula, or any mention of her name on their website.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I have had good experiences working with FinishLine as well, but I do agree with Doug in regards to seeing the TOTAL charges including shipping at checkout. I wouldn't call it a scam. If you place your order by phone they will tell you the shipping charges.

My 2 cents.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ron,
"Scam" is an accurate description. Just because they have ad's on this site doesn't mean you have to tip-toe.

Put yourself in my shoes for a moment. Have you ever dealt with a company that bills more than you agreed? How much extra would they have to tack on afterward before you would consider it a scam?

The purpose of this thread is to educate other customers and prevent anyone else from being taken.

Regards,
Doug
Two things, bucko. Don't argue with a moderator when you've been moderated, especially when you join and start throwing slings and arrows first thing out of the box. Secondly, don't make accusations about this site and its advertisers. Your thread is still open...thereby negating any tip-toe slam from you.

Now...be real smart, cuz the next step is very important. Don't respond to this post. Period.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Two things, bucko. Don't argue with a moderator when you've been moderated, and don't make accusations about this site and its advertisers. Your thread is still open...thereby negating any tip-toe slam from you.

Now...be real smart, cuz the next step is very important. Don't respond to this post. Period.

Uncalled for Jamo.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Uncalled for Jamo.
Maybe you should've thought that response through given my specific direction. Maybe a few days off will allow you to calm down and take some remedial reading courses online...check the shipping charge policy first.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Finish Line Accessories Shipping Charges

Thanks guys. It was nice to see this thread:
Jamo
I would've added this comment there, but that thread is closed for some reason.

Ron, you see like a pretty good guy, for the simple fact that you didn't lose your cool. For that, you have my respect.

Brent, I did speak with Finish Line, and when no solution was offered, I brought it to the forum as a "buyer beware". By the way, this was not my first purchase; I had never noticed that they were discretely tacking on unreasonable shipping costs after-the-fact. I definitely hope this feedback will encourage them to update their checkout process.

I've been following this forum since it's inception years ago and have received a lot of valuable information. For that, I'm very thankful. I recently chose to join to help my local Cobra owner's with some questions they had with Colorado title/registration (feel free to review my previous posts). It's concerning that the word "newbie" and "new" has come up from those in authority. That's a wrong assumption and seems to serve no purpose other than to discredit the person. Nobody's perfect, but it's my hope that moderator's (on any site) will be the example they wish to see from their members.

Happy cruisin,
Doug
Closed Thread