14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

carroll...you have mail. bill.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

We're waiting for the sun like everyone else. Just got back from a week in Phoenix, now that's where you enjoy our rides 12 months a year! Our local group met once last fall. About 30 cars with some more in the build stage. Trying some organization but need a few guys like you to do some of the "pushing". Guess I better get my dues in to you so I can get a spot for the Deraem Cruise. All the best.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The GLCC is open to all with an intersest in Cobras and that can put up with the club members. That last requirement is not too tough. Maybe I have low expectations, but I like every club member that I have have had the opportunity of meeting. In fact, one of the reasons that my wife and I decided to get a Cobra is that we liked the club members so much.

If you want to park with the Cobras at the Dream Cruise, you must be a club member. Our members are not limited to the "local" area.

It is an active Club and getting more active. The club participates in various charity events and lots of other activities.

Those who have not paid their dues for this year need to do so. The culb is planning another active year.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:18 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default To PJS50

LSM did my engine work. They appear to do very good work.

I blue printed the engine myself and specified the work to be done.

If you do not know what you are doing with the engine, you may want to ask Mike for help.

If I may ask, what do you want in an engine?

Trularin

Old 05-21-2003, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     

Well Trularin,
I already have the motor which is a '69 390 FE... 50,000 original miles that has been sitting in my garage (with C-6 auto mated to it) for about 15 years now...
I plan on using the Edelbrock 428 heads & RPM mainfold. LSM was going to "custom grind" me a Hyd. roller cam for the above. I am toying with the idea of stroking it to 410 with the Scat set-up but that is still just a "maybe" thought... I am going to have LSM do all of the machine work and probably have them assemble at least the bottom end (maybe the whole thing)... I was just wondering if anybody out there who was close by has had them do any work and how it turned out...
I have talked to Steve at LSM on many different occasions and he sounds very knowledgable and I understand that they do some pretty wonderful things (like make their own aluminum blocks) in their shop, I was just trying to see if they had built any FE's out there... In fact, I taked to Steve again about a month ago and he said they just built an FE for somebody out of state I think...
I would LOVE to get 450 HP (at the flywheel) if I could to put it in what I am hoping to be a Everett Morrison AC (if THEY ever come back)...
Sound unreasonable?
If you know anybody that needs a C-6 auto for an FE let me know... It's a boat anchor to me and like I said, this C-6 is "cherry" and has never been unmated from the motor EVER... In fact, the first 36000 mile on that trans was done by a grandmother....
Old 05-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     
Cool Sounds heavy

Well, the 390 will be a strong one.

LSM did me just right. Each bore was within .002" and the balance was right on.

I talked to Mike all the time.

You may want to call Lone Star to put that in. They have a nice full race chassie that will take the 390.

Hope this helps.

Trularin