17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-16-2002, 01:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Great Lakes Cobra Club

Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know about the Great Lakes Cobra Club. We are an active group of Cobra enthusiasts centered around the South East Michigan area.

The group was started by Terry and Karen Anway of Goodrich, Michigan, who have been organizing the very impressive display of Cobras on Hazel Street for the last four years at the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise.

The Club meets on the third Tuesday of the month; even months at Rochester Mills Brewing Co., and odd months at the Airport Inn in Waterford.

Additional information and event schedules can be viewed at:

http://greatlakescobra.com

If you are anywhere near here, please come out and join us!

regards,

Jeff Burgy
cobrajeff

cobrajeff@greatlakescobra.com.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Dream Cruise

PLan on attending the "Dream Cruise" for the first time this year. Have a motel room in Birmingham (local area?). Would appreciate any info you might offer regarding the activities; where your area for Cobras is; best time to cruise; best time to watch; etc; etc; Thanks.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Woodward Dream Cruise

Scott -

You will thoroughly enjoy the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise. The largest display of Cobra replicas is usually the GLCC. We gather on Hazel Street, on the West side of Woodward Ave., about a block South of Maple Rd. Parking with our group is done on a pre-registered basis - we have to pay the city for our parking area. If you send me an e-mail, I'll get you the details.

There is also usually a pretty large gathering of FFR guys - Greg Kulp normally organizes their parking arrangements.

No matter who you park with, you want to plan on arriving EARLY on Saturday morning, like around 7:00 or 8:00AM. By 9:00AM, traffic will be slowing down, by 10:00AM, it will be CRAWLING up and down Woodward.

Each year, the festivities start earlier. The official cruise is only on Saturday, but local cruisers will start cruising Woodward the Saturday before, and each evening, the number of cruisers on Woodward Ave. progressively grows.

The cruising area is about 16 miles of Woodward Avenue, through about 8 cities. Each town is sponsoring some kind of activities or car shows. The Police are usually pretty accomodating - I have seen open headers, slicks, real race-cars, and plenty of whacky one-offs out there. They do NOT tolerate any burn-outs, and will ticket for drag-racing, speeding, or burning rubber. That doesn't stop a lot of people from showing off, though.

Our group usually takes a parade-lap (20-30 cars) up and down Woodward, though each year, as the numbers (of OTHER cruisers) increase, we have had to make our lap earlier and earlier. Most people with big-engine cars like to get there early, sit back, relax, and watch.

It's a blast from the past you will never forget!

regards,

Jeff Burgy

Last edited by cobrajeff; 04-23-2002 at 09:44 AM..
Old 08-04-2002, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeff, thanks for the reply. Are all of your spots reserved by now or is there something available for an out of towner? I arrive on Thursday PM and will leave some time on Sunday. Let me know. I'd be happy to pay the toll.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeff, one more question. Is there any place to purchase leaded gas?
Old 08-04-2002, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Scott,

If you are looking for racing (leaded 110 octane) fuel, there is a Citco station just a few blocks south of our group on Woodward Ave. It's the lowest price I've found, $3.00 a gallon.

As far as parking passes go for Hazel Street, send me a private message and I'll see if Terry Anway has any left. If he doesn't, there is another possible location.

Ross
Old 09-01-2002, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Ross. We're starting a MN Cobra Club (trying). I have all the Great Lakes membership documents from my trip to Woodward. Do you, or your club , see any problem with us "borrowing " some of your fine organizational work. It sure would help us get a fast start and get to having fun events rather than meetings around rules.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Scott,

I don't see that as a problem. Have you decided on a name yet?
Maybe you could bring some of your members to next years Woodward Dream Cruise.

Ross
Old 09-01-2002, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No discussion on the name, but I remember your advice on making it to encourage a broad audience. Thanks so much for the continued support.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ross,
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ross,
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ross,
Old 09-17-2002, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try this again??? Need your home address. Send in e-mail to spur17@msn.com Sorry for the bad posts.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Scott,

E-mail coming your way.

Everyone else,

The location for the odd month meetings has changed. The new location is the Mesquite Creek restaurant on M-15 in Clarkston.

Ross
Old 01-28-2003, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Club

Scott Evans,

How is it going with your club formation? Pretty #*@&ing cold here. How about up there?

We at the Great Lakes Cobra Club have some great plans in store for this year. Of course the one and only Woodward Dream Cruise. Our Team Jenny fund raisers and other exciting plans. Hope to see you at the WDC this year. Keep in touch.

Ross

P.S. We have over 130 Cobras in the club now.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     

Howdy all,
I am just getting started on my Cobra project so I guess I will have to wait a little while before I can join the GLCC officially...
I DO have a couple questions if I may...
Has anybody ever done any business with LSM Motors in Waterford? Their shop is on Cresent lake Road; S. of M-59? I think they used to be Wilson Engineering...?
I was planning on having them built my Cobra motor unless somebody tells me that they suck or something...?
Any input would be appreciated...
Also, if any of you would like to take me for a ride in your cobra (when the weather warms up of course) I certainly wouldn't turn down the offer...ha ha ha
Thanks in advance,
Pat

Last edited by PJS50; 10-03-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 01-31-2003, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pat,

I can not answer your question about LSM Motors; however, you should join the GLCC as soon as possible. You do not need a completed Cobra to join the Club. You just need the love of Cobras. We have meeting every month and you can get answers to your questions. I joined the Club while thinking about getting a Cobra and took the member list and called and talked to many members about their cars. It help me make choices.

The Club has many activities. This next Friday, the GLCC is going to have a outing racing go karts at Kart2Kart. The gatherings are an excellent opportunity to talk to people and hear their opinions and get their help.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pat -

I have passed by the shop there, as it is only a couple miles from home. Sorry, but I have no input, good or bad, regarding their work.

I am in White Lake, right nearby you. Would be happy to give you a ride when the roads clear up.

regards,

Jeff Burgy
Old 01-31-2003, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

pat, ditto to my friend mr burgy's offer, i am down the road from you too, so send me a note when the roads are dry and salt free.

also , the glcc has a swap meet coming up too, lake orion area as i recall , end of feb. a couple of cars will be on display there. as carroll said, ownership is not necessary. bill.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

PJS50,

Like Bill and Carroll said, come on and join in the fun. Our Swap Meet is Feb. 22nd at the "COBRA GARAGE", 1342 Ortonville Road, Ortonville, MI 48462. The times are 9am-2pm.

Ross

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: